Come back to the early 90's with me

I never did really care for all the updates and revisions of Street Fighter though. Turbo Street Fighter 2, Championship Edition, Hyper edition, etc, all of them just felt so weird, the sped up turbo and hyper ones were like Benny Hill video game fighting. Super Street Fighter 2(1993) was cool for the new characters and that awesome intro but the gameplay just didn't have the same feel to me. I do like Street Fighter Alpha series and all of the Marvel vs Capcom games. I haven't tried any of the newer generation games yet but they look cool. For me just give me plain ole Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, the original arcade game, it's nearly perfect and probably my 2nd favorite video game that was ever made. The arcade version is the best, I have the rom on my soft modded original XBOX with a dual X-Arcade Tank Stick that I use to play it. I do like the Super Nintendo version still, as much as I love the Genesis I never did care for any of the versions of Street Fighter on the Genny.

While we are on the subject of video games my favorite game of all time was released in 1993, Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master for the Sega Genesis. It's an action platformer that kind of takes the Super Mario Bros concept to the next level, instead of plumbers, turtles, mushrooms, and princesses instead it's like X-Files and Cannon Films gave birth to a 16 bit video game. Great music too.

It does feel benny hill

Damn early 90s throwback. 90-93 I was in elementary and intermediate school during that time. I was a punk ass kid back then.

I see a lot of people talking about SF2. I use to play that game and its variations pretty hard. Any serious players play Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix on PS3? It's been a while but I'll challenge anyone here :)

Anybody play Double Dragon 3? You could be a ninja and a kung fu dude. I remember really liking that game

503196-dd3nes5.gif

That was my favorite out of all the Double Dragons. Good times.

I remember playing the shit out of this game. What was called again, and which system was it on?
It's the first Virtua Fighter which came out in the Arcades, on the Sega Saturn and the Sega 32x attachment for the Genesis. It was the first fully 3d fighting game and is still one of the best.

1990s were excellent. I don't know what the fuck happened 2000s onward.

Information age advancements.

EDIT:

used that term wrong. I meant internet advancements.

I remember getting the Sega Genesis in 93. It came with Streets of Rage 2.

The early 90s were by far the best time in my life. In 1988, my family moved into an ice house in a great neighborhood, and one of my best friends moved in just around the block. Every family on that street had kids our age. And we all loved baseball.

It was like the fucking Sandlot except on the street instead of a park. We all played in Little League. But we also played baseball on the street nearly every day. When we weren't doing that, we were playing football, basketball or street hockey. And when we weren't doing that, we were playing Nintendo, and later, SNES. I still go and drive by that house from time to time and actually ran into one of my old neighbors at a party years back, then saw him again at a bar later.

This neighbor was Japanese. I remember back in the day, he and his brother would visit family in Japan and they came back and told me about this Rickson Gracie dude who was way better than Royce. I just thought they were full of shit until like 2002 when I saw Choke.

I forgot about Gloria Estefan

Turn The Beat Around was great;

Snes vs. Genesis
Man, I still remember when only Nintendo and Sega Master System were out. I was at a friend's house and he was telling me that they were coming out with the SNES. He told me it had 6 buttons and all this other shit about how many sprites could be on the screen at one time. I was skeptical. But he was right. This was before anyone really knew about it. I still don't know how he knew that.

90's has the best video games console wars ever, both Snes and Genesis are evenly match.

And games are overflowing.

Does anyone remember PB Max?

PB_Max.JPG

PBMax.jpg

Absolutely loved that shit. I found this quote on the Wikipedia page about why the candy bar was discontinued really interesting though:

According to former Mars executive Alfred Poe, PB Max was discontinued due to the Mars family's distaste for peanut butter, despite $50 million in sales.

Seems like a lame reason to get rid of a candy bar that is selling well.

Back