Come back to the early 90's with me

1990 - 1993 brahs gtfih

It was a completely unique time in terms of...well...everything. Fashion, movies, music, everything. It was like everybody decided pop culture, after the 80's, would go one way. But then by the mid 90's it went a completely opposite direction, lol. The parachute pants and neon colors of the early 90's went the way of the dinosaur. And so the early 90's is a completely unique entity unto itself.

Let's go back....

In 1992 James Maynard Keenan taught us that blinking is overrated. A young Daniel Carrey was learning about Alchemy and proved to be a monster on the skins.Paul D'Amour was rockin a 4 string Rickenbaker Adam Jones was taking a break from a successful career in special effects for Hollywood movies to work on his side project. TOOL.

3f2e986567ed21abf25c045e4da19ac2--rock-punk-tool-box.jpg

9ed75368a829cd00c2088be1ab5b4f81--tool-band-maynard-james-keenan.jpg

That bubble tape commercial though. this thread is all sorts of awesome.....

....but man feel old lol

Was born in 81 but you know your too young to really remember it so I was a 90s kid too.
Pantera Beavis and Butthead saw Terminator Terminator 2 in the theater and back when rap was good!

I think the original group released came with Altered Beast. That was a fun game.

Mine came with sonic and the genisis was quite a bit before 93 I think more like 90, I remeber when alter d beast came out I wanted it so bad but never got it. A friend had it and I played his though.

Streets of rage 2 was the bomb also.

You grew old.

Nah, the internet messed everything up. Made life easier in many ways, screwed it up in many others. Late 90's politics (remember the Clinton sex scandal was '98) also paved the way for all the political bs we've had since (though that feels like jolly good times compared to what we've had since), and the internet exacerbated it with all the factions and in-fighting and making it easier to turn people into drones despite all the information it can provide.
Companies also bought each other out so we got larger conglomerates with more power and less power for the people (I mean that stuff really began in the 80's I believe, but has become much much worse, just look at how few companies own such a large chunk of the media [both news and entertainment] or cable, phone, and internet providers), and politicians gave them hand jobs and let them grab power.
Mom and pop stores and other businesses that have been around- closing due to online shopping like Amazon and huge companies like Wal-Mart (though the internet does provide an avenue to other small businesses and entrepreneurs if they have a particular niche).
People have lost a lot of power and civil liberties due to political baloney as well, 9/11's wake really paved the way for that.
People not communicating in person like they used to, people staring at phones more than they ever did at tv, etc.
Things definitely changed.

super_soaker_50-_original.jpg

The standard model, worked great.

These were everywhere. They were even in rap (party) videos from girl rap groups. I think everyone had at least one of these if not a higher capacity model.

Where have they gone? I guess kids don't have neighborhood squirtgun fights anymore, just like they don't ride bikes in packs anymore (or at all really). Pretty sad.

Remember these?

SoloFlex Commercials Dominated early 90's TV ads.

I tried one at a friend's house. They used these crappy hard rubber bands instead of weights--- it really sucked, felt all wrong. No wonder SoloFlex died. Which paved the way for

Here's something no one remembers or mentions:

A308840.jpg

Burgundy colored jeans/shorts. This was a fashionable color for men to wear. Also women wore the color a lot. It was the color of that segment of time

Also, whoever wore those on one day, it's likely that person also had this color pants/shorts on another day of the week:
il_fullxfull.643777420_4886.jpg

If it was a girl wearing forest-green denim (guys wore it too), she turned up the hems of the shorts just like the picture (even though this lady is not in the 90's, her jorts are on point), and the high-waisted style (as pictured) helped emphasize the sleek flatness of the rearside, which was actually IN back then, as "bubble-butt" was still a potent insult at the time for most females.

Forest green was the official color of the 90's and no other decade. SUV's and subarus were sold by the hundreds of thousands in exactly that color. I can't think of another decade that so shamelessly flaunted burgundy, either. Two very noticeable yet muted pastel colors that were previously not featured in fashion trends.

What a time to be alive. It changed the feel of everything.

Anybody remember Street Justice? It wasn't very popular I don't think, but I used to watch it all the time. It had a lot of the early 90's martial arts, fighting crime with your fists type of thing going on.

71S5nCd8-2L._SY445_.jpg
That was a great show, along with the show that followed it starring Rick Springfield about 2 surfing brothers that had a detective agency.

MV5BMTExMzA5ODAxNjheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDMwMDA0ODk@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I recently made some friends who are in their mid 20s. One of the guys asked me what I thought about the 80s. I told him it was amazing. He asked, "Better than the 90s?"

I looked at him like "What?" I couldn't tell if he was being serious or if he was joking. Turns out he was serious, haha.

I recently made some friends who are in their mid 20s. One of the guys asked me what I thought about the 80s. I told him it was amazing. He asked, "Better than the 90s?"

I looked at him like "What?" I couldn't tell if he was being serious or if he was joking. Turns out he was serious, haha.

Sometimes it's relative to the age you were during the decade. Did you enjoy your elementary school years better? Or, your high school years better?

Back