Comic movies shifting towards female characters

Who is restricting women to dress in sexy costumes? It seems more like they are choosing to dress in sexy costumes. I'm pretty sure they could dress as a male superhero if they chose to.

Here is a woman who chose to dress as Batman:

f80.jpg

Do you see the choices you just outlined: they have traditionally made them choose between dressing as a dude (would you like dressing as a woman?) or dressing as a female character that customarily has revealing attire.

dc-comics-wonder-woman-statue-tweeterhead-902973-04.jpg

167799.jpg

latest

etc.

They made hulk or something ultra-gay, a muslim ms Marvel etc. for diversity reasons so it wouldn't surprise me if they made Widow a cis-gendered tadpole at one point.

Hulk got made korean

SMH at this whole thing.

So forced. So stupid.

Dark Phoenix is a major X-Men storyline.. why are you bitching?

The shifting towards female characters frankly doesn't bother me but, how many of these dumbass superhero movies are they going to make?

The market will decide.

Money talks.

Let's see what their loses are and what they do then.

This.

I know people have brought up Ghostbusters into this thread. So, this is from the Wikipedia entry for the movie:

Opening weekend = There will be a sequel. After all, the major players signed up for a three part deal.
August = Expressed doubts about a sequel
October = Sequel would be made if home entertainment sales were high
November = No direct sequel will be filmed
December = How about instead of a movie, we release a series of comic books where the original team and reboot team...team up.

"After its opening weekend, Sony's president of worldwide distribution, Rory Bruer, told TheWrap that "while nothing has been officially announced, there's no doubt in my mind [a sequel] will happen." He also said that Ghostbusters is expected to become an important Sony franchise.[160] The principal cast and director had signed on for two sequels.[79]

On August 10, 2016, The Hollywood Reporter expressed doubts about a sequel due to the film's box office performance.[79][81] Box office analyst Jeff Bock said, "I just can't fathom the creative talents behind it—Feig, McCarthy, Wiig, etc—slogging out another one when the reception to the first one was so mediocre."[79]

In an October 2016 interview, Feig told Bustle that a sequel was not in the works, but could be possible if the film performed well on its home release.[161] By November, Feig confirmed that a direct sequel would not be made due to the film's mediocre box office performance.[162] The same month, Reitman stated in an interview that other Ghostbusters projects were in development.[163] Prior to Reitman's announcement, an animated series, Ghostbusters: Ecto Force, was stated to be targeting an early 2018 debut.[164] Reitman further clarified plans for future animated films within the Ghostbusters franchise during the July 2017 San Diego Comic Con, including having one set from the viewpoint of the ghosts rather than the Ghostbusters, as well as a work to potentially tie in to the 35th anniversary of the original film in 2019.[165]

In December 2016, IDW Publishing announced that it would release a six-part limited series comic, Ghostbusters 101, featuring the original Ghostbusters teaming up with the 2016 team. The first issue was released in March 2017.[166] A five issue limited series called Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, which continues the adventures of the 2016 team, was announced in July 2017 and began its run in October.[167]

hope it's better than the last wave of female super hero movies.

iu

iu

iu
iu

Looks like the Disney brainwash machine is working.
You need to get woke, Bro!

What the fuck are u talking about?????

The black widow has always been a woman. She was created back in the 60s. the black widow has NEVER been a man.

Someone is pretending to know something about comic books and is facepalm failing at it...

Do you see the choices you just outlined: they have traditionally made them choose between dressing as a dude (would you like dressing as a woman?) or dressing as a female character that customarily has revealing attire.

167799.jpg

latest

etc.

Can you explain why women dress slutty at Halloween?

The primary audience for superhero movies is boys. Boys react best when the hero is a role model to them, and they most closely identify with grown men as role models. So while it is great that there are female heroes being seen in the movies, inevitably, the genre will gravitate back towards its normal formula of male heroes.

hope it's better than the last wave of female super hero movies.

iu

iu

iu
iu

I like those kind better than the ones who make a face like they have to poop and then the bad guy flies into a wall.

Just don’t overplay the girl power angle and they can be good movies. Killed ghostbusters
The main problem with Ghostbusters that I could see was that it wasn't pro-woman as much as it was anti-man, and people could tell.

I've always found X-men to be fairly female centrist. I don't think they need to go out of their way to do so.

Jean (Dark Phonenix)
Rogue
Storm
Psylocke

A lot of those stories have been central to these characters.

I mean you should be pissed that they nerfed Rogue in the movies considering that she had Ms. Marvel's powers for over 20 years in the comics giving her invulnerability, superhuman strength, stamina, durability, reflexes, & speed.
This.
Just a bunch of beta woman haters crying about "liberul feminism" as if it's a new thing.
Phoenix, Rogue and Storm were already overpowered as fuck in the early 90s comics and cartoons

167799.jpg

latest

etc.

What should they wear then?

Skirts that cover the ankle?

I thought that is what the old school feminists fought against.

Super hero movies are for people with IQ's under 100, or 12 year olds. Pick one..

I mean I guess what I'm getting at is.. Who gives a shit?

What should they wear then?

Skirts that cover the ankle?

I thought that is what the old school feminists fought against.

Feminists did not fight so that all women fans of comic books are pigeonholed into identifying with dudes or as vapid sex symbols, no.

The point isn't what they should or shouldn't wear: it's that there are scant choices for replication of female identity in a pop cultural world for which women form a considerable part of the fan base. So it's both natural and commendable that they be better represented than through their few current representatives: Wonder Woman, and a myriad of side characters, mostly reduced to their sexuality.

Why the F does everything have to have some underlying agenda today? Can't it just be about the movie anymore?

Words cannot describe how shitty this thread is.

At this point, Wonder Woman's importance to DC is like Iron Man's importance to Marvel.

Last edited:
Feminists did not fight so that all women fans of comic books are pigeonholed into identifying with dudes or as vapid sex symbols, no.

The point isn't what they should or shouldn't wear: it's that there are scant choices for replication of female identity in a pop cultural world for which women form a considerable part of the fan base. So it's both natural and commendable that they be better represented than through their few current representatives: Wonder Woman, and a myriad of side characters, mostly reduced to their sexuality.

I'm still confused by what the 3rd option is.

Is their some style of dressing that I am unaware of?

I see women in pantsuits, or with their tits out. Dressed like a man, or scantily clad. I'm not aware of another option, other than dress that covers the ankles.

Back