Comic movies shifting towards female characters

Can you explain why women dress slutty at Halloween?

I think we've been on this topic before, yes? I feel like I have elaborated on this at length before, regarding commodification and social capital. It's an immensely complicated topic.

Super hero movies are for people with IQ's under 100, or 12 year olds. Pick one..

I mean I guess what I'm getting at is.. Who gives a shit?
You just said superhero movies are for 50% of the people and then asked who gives a shit.

What does this mean?

Is Wonder Woman The DCEU's Iron Man?

It's no secret that DC Films and Warner Bros. have had a rocky road getting the DC Extended Universe up and running. Man of Steel wasn't the universal brand launch that the studio wanted from a tried and true character like Superman; and even big event films with big A-list stars like Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad struck out with fans, even if they pulled in a respectable amount at the box office.

This summer however, the DCEU hit a major turning point with the release of Wonder Woman. As the first major female superhero film in either the DC or Marvel cinematic universes - with a relatively untested female director and relatively unknown leading lady, to boot - Wonder Woman was seen as something of a risk for DC/WB. That risk has now turned into a massive success, having earned $400 million at the domestic box office, and nearly $800 million worldwide.

As with any of these massive franchise universes, plans shift as the money expectations change. Such is the case now wiht Gal Gadots' Wonder Woman, who is being positioned for a much bigger role in the DCEU than she may have previously had. In fact, the way things are progressing, fans are starting to question:

Is Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman Becoming The DCEU's Iron Man?

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/04/wonder-woman-iron-man-gal-gadot-dceu-movies/

Is Wonder Woman The DCEU's Iron Man?

It's no secret that DC Films and Warner Bros. have had a rocky road getting the DC Extended Universe up and running. Man of Steel wasn't the universal brand launch that the studio wanted from a tried and true character like Superman; and even big event films with big A-list stars like Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad struck out with fans, even if they pulled in a respectable amount at the box office.

This summer however, the DCEU hit a major turning point with the release of Wonder Woman. As the first major female superhero film in either the DC or Marvel cinematic universes - with a relatively untested female director and relatively unknown leading lady, to boot - Wonder Woman was seen as something of a risk for DC/WB. That risk has now turned into a massive success, having earned $400 million at the domestic box office, and nearly $800 million worldwide.

As with any of these massive franchise universes, plans shift as the money expectations change. Such is the case now wiht Gal Gadots' Wonder Woman, who is being positioned for a much bigger role in the DCEU than she may have previously had. In fact, the way things are progressing, fans are starting to question:

Is Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman Becoming The DCEU's Iron Man?

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/04/wonder-woman-iron-man-gal-gadot-dceu-movies/

Ehh, the Wonder Women movie did a good job of drawing out emotional attachment to the main character in the first half of the movie, followed by action in the second half.

Guardians of Galaxy wasn't popular because of the leads, it was popular because it was funny and entertaining.

Shitty storylines and scripts make for shitty movies no matter what gender the lead character is.

Of course Spider-Man 3 fucked up the venom storyline with a cluttered script, So even a great storyline won't save you from shit writers and directors.

They almost never cast any hot women with ultra hot comic book curves.

They almost never cast any hot women with ultra hot comic book curves.

Seems like your being sarcastic, but this is my favorite movie adaption to a female comic book lead.....

ultraviolet_2.jpg

Not sure why the leftist cucks are being so overly defensive of the obvious agenda

Looks like the people are catching on with shit films:

Last Jedi's 77% Fri.-To-Fri. Plunge Is Worst Ever For A Star Wars Pic
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcai...d-like-a-normal-star-wars-movie/#7c217e477057
The Last Jedi’s daily holds haven’t even been at the level of the Star Wars franchise’s previous weakest performers like Attack of the Clones or Rogue One.
If it doesn't pick up that, of course, would be a catastrophic result, akin to Warner/DC’s disastrous, money-losing fiasco with Justice League.

81swmo1.gif

I'm not sure it's because of SJW disney agendas, because I reckon it's cos the films just plain shit. 52% rotten tomatoes. Of course the Hillary brigade will claim ticket-machines where hacked by the alt-right.

More bullshit narratives from perverted Hollywood sleazeballs aimed at ultimately dismantling the biological role of women in society.

Why would you want to marry and have a family that contributes to society, when you can be a free spirited whore who fancies themselves "revolutionary"?

As long as it's a good story and not forced SJW white-men-are-evil trash then fine. I don't have an issue with strong female characters but when they do the ham fisted feminist crap it's not anything I care to bother with.

Looks like the people are catching on with shit films:

Last Jedi's 77% Fri.-To-Fri. Plunge Is Worst Ever For A Star Wars Pic
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcai...d-like-a-normal-star-wars-movie/#7c217e477057

81swmo1.gif

I'm not sure it's because of SJW disney agendas, because I reckon it's cos the films just plain shit. 52% rotten tomatoes. Of course the Hillary brigade will claim ticket-machines where hacked by the alt-right.

Well I can tell you that I'm a huge fan of Episodes 4-6, but after the last three movies made under Disney I can't imagine spending money on the franchise again. They have really blown it.

As long as it's a good story and not forced SJW white-men-are-evil trash then fine. I don't have an issue with strong female characters but when they do the ham fisted feminist crap it's not anything I care to bother with.

Pretty much.

These caricatures of women they conjure up are merely exaggerated Mary Sues to put asses in seats.

Ehh, the Wonder Women movie did a good job of drawing out emotional attachment to the main character in the first half of the movie, followed by action in the second half.

Guardians of Galaxy wasn't popular because of the leads, it was popular because it was funny and entertaining.

Shitty storylines and scripts make for shitty movies no matter what gender the lead character is.

Of course Spider-Man 3 fucked up the venom storyline with a cluttered script, So even a great storyline won't save you from shit writers and directors.
Wonder woman, overall wasn't great, it was the right property at the right time, and being set in a universe of shitty DC films made it look that much better.

Sam Raimi wanted to do a completely different Spider-man 3; with characters he liked, studio brass basically said to him 'you know who the kids like, that venom guy, stick him in your motion picture' which both made for a busy storyline and took Raimi's intended story and twisted it up

I've always found X-men to be fairly female centrist. I don't think they need to go out of their way to do so.

Jean (Dark Phonenix)
Rogue
Storm
Psylocke

A lot of those stories have been central to these characters.

I mean you should be pissed that they nerfed Rogue in the movies considering that she had Ms. Marvel's powers for over 20 years in the comics giving her invulnerability, superhuman strength, stamina, durability, reflexes, & speed.

You forgot Mystique whos had more screen time then any xmen not named Wolverine.

you mug, you think it's ever just about the movie? what do you think action/superhero movies are if not a predominantly male power fantasy, with major elements of police and military propaganda? you're just upset because it features women.

you're an adult baby.

Female superhero movies they have superpowers and so do the males so you already defy reality its a comicbook for crying oit loud.

but female action movies are going to get a lot of young women hurt, its the new bullshido, young girls will start thinking they can beat up men.

I have no issue with action hero females if its believable like gina carano, or cris cyborg, but some skinny as angelina jolie with touch kicks that barely have any sauce on it sending dudes flying? Sorry not buying it.

Cynthia rothrock was a badass by the way, its a shame she never got any big action roles in hollywood she was the female jackie chan
male action movies get men hurt everyday.

or do you think John Wick and the likes are realistic? lol

whatever happened to "it's just a movie?!"

There are plenty of female superheroes, so I don't see the issue. As long as they're not changing genders of established characters for some progressive agenda, it's no big deal.

Regardless, the movies will live and die on their returns. If the women heroes can dent the BO, you'll see more and more of them. If they can't, you won't. The "agenda" only goes as far as the profit margins. If the women flicks go the way of Ghostbusters, you won't see many of them.

Back