Social Company gives all employees handguns for Christmas gift

I heard the company is expected go through downsizing next year. They are hoping people will accidentally shoot themselves to get out of paying severance packages.

Its actually not a bad gift, id be very happy with that.

I'm good with this.
500.00 is a good gift imo.
As long as it is a choice and legal ownership.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/com...nique-memorable-christmas-gift-190418122.html

Seeing this on my Facebook from multiple different local news outlets, seems like it's the outrage news of the day, this time for lefties. Side note, anyone know how which non important news story ends up inexpliecty making national news on all outlets?

Anyways, a glassware company told each of their employees to pick out a gun (up to $500) for their Christmas gift. They said their main motivator was personal safety and protection. The guns were sold legally to them (company actually gave gift cards to a local sporting goods store) and company asked anyone who didn't otherwise have a gun safety course under their belt to take one. Gift cards for 500 were given to a few employees who didn't want guns.

They've gotten mixed feedback as the story gained traction. All the employees loved it and went home to their spouses in disbelief
Muh Triggers

giphy.gif

If they're not a felon or mentally ill I don't see what the big deal is? This is America after all...

I'm not American, but if I lived there I'd own a gun for safety purposes as there's the risk of someone using a gun if they wanted to rob/hurt me. I only have one life and I'm not going to chance it in a country with more guns than people.

Thankfully I live in a country without a gun culture like America so I have no real need for one.

Yeah you only have to worry about knife attacks, machete attacks, axe attacks, isis member running over you with cars, acid attacks, grooming gangs and a government that dosent give a flying fuck about you.

Sounds awesome, lucky you!!

That’s awesome, I’d probably take a cash payment though and put the 500.00 towards a more expensive gun like that new Springfield xdm 10mm or a sig sauer 226.

16 employees? And the people who opted out got Visa gift cards instead? I'm pretty pro-gun control by Sherdog standards and I don't see a big deal.
My exact reaction. What could anyone really be upset about? Even if I was more against firearms, I'm not going to waste time getting pissy over something that's completely legal and a gift.

Wait, are you gun guys really ok with selling/trading guns on craigslist to random folks?

Wait, are you gun guys really ok with selling/trading guns on craigslist to random folks?
Can’t sell guns on craigslist.

It’s called armslist, and if you have any incling that the person you’re selling to is not a proper person, you aren’t allowed to sell to them, and they must be a resident of the same state you live in. And if you have a problem selling to a “random” go to a local FFL and have THEM transfer it and do a NICS check. You know, personal choices

tbh i am all for the 2nd amendment but i like money more than guns so i would sell it.

Can’t sell guns on craigslist.

It’s called armslist, and if you have any incling that the person you’re selling to is not a proper person, you aren’t allowed to sell to them, and they must be a resident of the same state you live in. And if you have a problem selling to a “random” go to a local FFL and have THEM transfer it and do a NICS check. You know, personal choices
you cant even sell gun cabinets or safes on craigslist. they instantly get flagged and removed if you use the word gun, handgun, rifle, firearm, etc.

$500 in beer and legal weed it would be.

I’d be quite satisfied.

That’s like 10 high shelf DIPA sixers.

And the great state of Massachusetts would send its thanks as well.

If they're not a felon or mentally ill I don't see what the big deal is? This is America after all...

I'm not American, but if I lived there I'd own a gun for safety purposes as there's the risk of someone using a gun if they wanted to rob/hurt me. I only have one life and I'm not going to chance it in a country with more guns than people.

Thankfully I live in a country without a gun culture like America so I have no real need for one.

Your government, already influenced greatly by money interests that have plans that you would oppose, regarding your country, has a lot of guns. It can do whatever it wants to you, for whatever reason.

Back