Congressman to UFC, Bellator: "Move to a real league system"

I mean to be perfectly fair Bisping was a short notice replacement after Weidman pulled out and he was the only one available in the top 5

Just do away with the whole number ranking system and have a top 10 contender status, where anyone of those can vie for a title shot. We all know the numbers mean shite anyway...

So replace numbers with ... numbers?

I see why you are mad

cf73a692-5cbe-4e81-bd00-c7efeb6bf28c.png

No one here gives a fuck about soccer. American soccer players are C level athletes that couldn't make it playing basketball, football, and/or baseball, and in a lot of areas you can throw hockey in there too. It's the #4 or #5 team sport here in America.

This grilling was extremely important for MMA....

He was basically explaining just how laughable the idea they're a legitimate sport is.

This congressman deserves a great deal of applause.

This is combat sports, real league systems don't exist in combat sports, what the hell are these clowns talking about. UFC aren't doing anything wrong, its the exact same in professional boxing, kickboxing, muay thai etc etc. You can't do league systems, this is not a team LMAO.

I'll make this quick.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Lmao @ NFL. Didnt Brock Lesnar play there just because he was big and strong ? In football it would NEVER happen. It takes real talent ... there is no one in the NFL with the amount of skill that Messi has.
No. He had decent tryout numbers but couldn't even come close to cutting it. Every too running back, corner back, safety, and athletic linebackers even many lineman are light years ahead of guys like Messi. He is unimpressive to say the least in comparison. Sorry.

Those mindless NFL oversized oafs would be huffing and puffing within 3 minutes of a real football match,would faint within five.A football match has a lot more constant activity with no long breaks like the dumb NFL guys are used to.
Not to forget they lack intelligence and mentality for real football.It isn't run and ram into others like the NLF brutes do,you require proper tactical approach in real football.
dMbPPUa.gif
nZOMw1G.gif

Bottom guy is 6 5 300 plus.

You suck at this.
<{1-69}>

The ufc certainly isnt always giving the title shots to the #1 contender....sometimes its arbitrary, sometimes its due to other circumstances.

But to compare it to what happened in the boxing world of ten years ago is rediculous.

I thought Bisping was a great short notice replacement vs. Rockhold. That was a time UFC worked in the best interest of the fans and the sport.

No he’s making the distinction that it is an award NOT a title. There is a difference between an award and a title.

A title confers legally enforceable power of authority over certain things. This power is both for the person that holds it and against them. It sets up legal responsibilities that have to be met, which an entity like the UFC can’t just violate at will.

An award is just empty bullshit. It’s like a placard or medallion you give someone—it doesn’t hold any legal authority.

This is why the UFC can create as many interim titles they want, give title shots to whoever they want (regardless of ranking), “strip titles” whenever they want, etc.

There is an entire universe of meaning between an award and a title.
I understand what you are saying but feel there is no place for it in MMA. Simply bc I don't like it. Too bad the world doesn't conform to how I feel.

UFC is about entertainment, if you want to watch a real sport with legit A-level athletes go watch football(soccer for americans). We can only dream to have an athlete of Cristiano Ronaldo's caliber in MMA lol
Hahahahahahha soccer is a kids past time played by beta runners

World title = not a world title if it's something bestowed upon the best fighter. Yea....that made sense

You forgot the "of that night" part. Kinda brings it back into perspective. They basically admitted that the UFC belt really means very little, it's more like a single event trophy.

"Mullin: Okay, so what criteria does the MMA use for the ranking system? The UFC specifically?

Ratner: The UFC, there's a group of sports writers. I'm not sure how many and they are the ones -

Mullin: Do they serve at will of the UFC?

Ratner: They serve? No, they're independent.

Mullin: They serve at will. The UFC reserves the right to remove anybody off that [ranking] commission that they choose."

"Ratner: Last Saturday night we had three world titles.

Mullin: World titles? So when [UFC Chief Operating Officer] Lawrence Epstein came and talked to me and he said they don’t look at the title as being a title but as an award bestowed upon the best fighter that night, would you agree with that statement?

Ratner: I do. Just going back to Saturday night -

Mullin: Then it’s not really a world title.

Ratner: It’s a world title as far as we’re concerned.

Mullin: Not if you’re considering it an award bestowed upon the best fighter. It can’t be. When you have the last three fights for the 185-pound, as I said in my opening statement. When Luke fought Bisping, Bisping was ranked number 4. The number 3, the number 2, and the number 1 contender, did they refuse the fight, like in the boxing world they do?

Ratner: In the boxing world what you have there is step aside and there’s all kind of games -

Mullin: Okay, but did they? Did the number 3, 2, and number 1 contender have an opportunity to fight or did it go straight to Bisping?

Ratner: I am going to make it clear again that I am not part of that -

Mullin: But you said in the opening statement and you said the fighters and the MMA and boxers are treated the same"

Reaction:
<{anton}>

Source:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11/17/16668308/ufc-bellator-mma-ali-act-markwayne-mullin

Video:

thanks for transcribing that beatdown

[QUOTE="Bjjpitbull8, post: 135911393, member: 218189"
Bottom guy is 6 5 300 plus.

You suck at this.
<{1-69}>

That was a 7 second play. So...[/QUOTE]

Oversized "oafs" don't move like that.

To say there is no tactical approach used in this type of play is laughable.

Not to mention NFL players have to go to college so they are much less likely to be "mindless" than a pro soccer player.

Bigger, stronger, and faster does not equate to "oaf" or "brute". It's just a more evolved athlete.

Rinaldo is a great soccer player...that doesn't mean he'd be a great fighter...some of the greatest fighters of all time...probably weren't the best all around athletes...you can be a great athlete, but be sucky fighter...

You think rocky marciano was a great athlete..how about jake lamotta...or george foreman...they weren't..but they will destroy any of these lebron james wussies...guaranteed....

this A level athlete concept is a joke. it has nothing to do with mental toughness, or, for example, the ability to assimilate fight skills...all that is required of usain bolt is to run in a straight line for slighty less than 10 seconds. how is he going to deal with getting punched in the face and then still keep his shit together to fend off submission attempts and so on? roy nelson would literally kill lance armstrong with one punch

Back