Conor’s Ground Game: No trolls allowed

Conor's ground game is 8/10
if it's 8/10, then Khabib is 150/10...
are you mad ? the guy panic wrestled Nate Diaz of all people, and got strangled in seconds...
that alone puts a cap on the grade you can give him.
he is a 4/10 at best.
he can sprawl, roll a bit,sweep a bit, and get to his feet quick but got taken down and held down for 5 minutes against a guy a lot smaller than Khabib

He has strong tdd against the fence. He has a solid reactionary sprawl. He shows decent ability to get up but not great. His defensive jiu jitsu, reversals, guard pass, control are above average. His glaring weakness is when he overextended on his left, he leaves a hole for his opponents (siver, Mendes) to get under his hips for easy takedowns. I would say on a 1-10 Conor’s ground game is a 7. Overall it’s a solid “good” but not too much better than average and definitely a notch below great and phenomenal.
Pretty good assessment. I agree, although I'd say that we haven't really seen enough to know if it's just solid. He showed some skills against Holloway and even Diaz, and it seems to me that it definitely is solid, but considering that he has trained with several great grapplers for like 5 years or something now, it wouldn't surprise me that he is actually a rather great grappler. It's very likely that we find out soon - he is talented for sure, and definitely underrated, imo.

Pretty good assessment. I agree, although I'd say that we haven't really seen enough to know if it's just solid. He showed some skills against Holloway and even Diaz, and it seems to me that it definitely is solid, but considering that he has trained with several great grapplers for like 5 years or something now, it wouldn't surprise me that he is actually a rather great grappler. It's very likely that we find out soon - he is talented for sure, and definitely underrated, imo.
Of course, that’s the caveat. From what we can tell it’s solid. It’s been 2 years and we never saw too much. All times in the ufc when he was on the ground he was hurt: knee against Holloway and Mendes, and rocked/exhausted/demoralized against Diaz. He may very well be a good/great jiu jitsu player.

no one outside his camp really knows, we just haven't seen it enough. he taps pretty damn quick on the ground though, that doesn't speak well for him.

Let me explain...

Conor has a good ground game (I know for a fact from 10th planet insiders)

but good is not enough when faced with the exceptional.

Same as Eddie alvarez has good striking.

But against the exceptional e.g Conor
It's not enough.

Main problem is probably how drained he will be from ground action... Jiu-Jitsu people say everyone is a White belt when exhausted.
And clinch action will be a problem too.

he's a high level modern MMA athlete and as such he is well rounded - solid striking background, brown belt in BJJ. and you can be sure he's done plenty of wrestling and grappling. obviously he prefers a stand up fight but in a few fights we've seen him stuff takedowns, grapple against the fence very competently, reverse neck chokes, limit damage from the bottom while doing some damage himself. the mendes fight in particular we saw what he can do. and that was over 3 years ago, he has improved a lot since then.

is he anywhere near khabib's ground game level? obviously not but the idea that he will be like a new born lamb when taken down is extremely naive and ignorant.

No trolls allowed... lmao.

This is Shertard.com, the biggest joke of all forums. Every poster on here is a troll.

It's not as bad as some folks make it out to be, and I would assume it's a great deal better now, as he's been grappling non-stop since the floyd fight.

Can he hang with Khabib on the ground? I have serious reservations thinking that is possible, but I have certainly been proven 100% completely wrong in the past.

All I know is I can't wait for this showdown in the cage. These are two guys with legit beef who are very talented within their given strengths.

Exactly. No idea where Conor's ground game is now, but we'll find out soon!

Even if his ground game is ok, Khabib's top control is world class and Conor doesn't have a great gas tank.

since chad took conor down khabib will have no trouble as well.

Chad DID have trouble. He was only 50/50.

God damn I used to hate Conor but you kids are making me root for him.

Khabib has nasty takedowns. Not nasty in a good way. They’re sloppy. He isn’t the wrestler that chad is. Better grappler, sure. Not a better wrestler. It’s a different thing.

From what I've seen his guard is very average, Khabib would GnP him into oblivion

It's kind of an unknown how good he is on the ground now. But it's a good bet he's not close to as good as Khabib.

It's solid, Conor will have success stopping take downs from Khabib however Conor isn't getting up if and when Khabib lands one.

TDs: 5/10 purely average, he rarely uses them

TDD: 7.5/10 Very good at framing to deter TDs. Good defensive footwork.

Sweeps: 8/10 This is how he gets out of most of his binds on the ground. Very underrated

Guard: 5/10 Nothing special imo.

Subs: Effectively nonexistant

Sub def: ?/10 Depends how fresh he is I guess? idk man!

Top game: 5/10 rarely see. it. Nothing special.

Got subbed by a flyweight!! Sub def:2/10

Sweeps: 8/10 This is how he gets out of most of his binds on the ground. Very underrated

I´m gonna give his guard an above average because of how calm he remained under fire against Mendes. Staying calm and durable while receiving GnP on the bottom is not a technical skill but it is a crucial ability to have in MMA, especially for Conor in this upcoming fight.

Despite so little experrience, Connor's defensive wrestling (especially TDD) looks very refined. Honestly though, he doesn't look that strong with his hips, that narrow ass waist can be a disadvantage.

Back