Conor: “I need to be promoter to come back” conflict of interest?

To hell with that. Yes, TS, it's a huge conflict of interest, and it's a major problem in both boxing and regional MMA.

Conor owns the UFC. UFC will give him whatever he wants including whoever he wants to fight and all of you will have to sit there and watch like helpless cucks.
You spend every day devoted to a scared little pussy, like a helpless cuck

Your god is a bum

Exactly. Even when Lesnar was around, the UFC still promoted other fighters. It has to move away from making the current cash cow being their only interest. Get the fans to be interested in a dozen fighters and it will only strengthen the company because as promoters, the UFC has really dropped the ball the last few years in this respect. Yes Mcrgegor does great numbers but the UFC has left everybody else alone and PPVs have reflected this.

Hire a few ESL teachers, public speaking teachers, hell send everybody to Toastmasters or hire Bull Durham. I don't like Mcgregor's personality and think it is a shame that his antics draw numbers, (but whatever the UFC doesn't miss me opting out of his events) but promoting the dicks in the world gets tiring fast and will only cost you in the long run.

Does anybody (or the UFC) really think the next foul mouthed gimmick is going to attract a new bunch of casuals?

UFC promotes fighters that generate public interest. So it is up to the fighters to start promoting themselves. There are many ways to do it. GSP is an example of a very popular fighter who has done it very differently than Conor.

The problem with promoting fighters based on performance is they seem to be only good (as far as fans are concerned) as long as they win in an exciting manner. Wonderboy, Sage and many many others lost public interest because they had lost. So UFC created an ever changing p4p list to hype fighters that way.

Conor is a joke. Not a true champ, never defended a belt.

248dfe7aa04b6897f52b3f8066ef45c9.jpg

Major conflict of interst. Floyd delayed pac fight for 5 years cuz promoter. Wouldn't fight winky and what not. Conors almost ruined MMA like boxing is ruined. Would be totally wrecked if conman gets to 100% pick and choose like owner do.

The fight game is shady AF with a horrible reputation. UFC was trying to change it at one time and grew by leaps and bounds as legit. Athlete promoter makes it worse.

If you want him, pay him or drop his contract with penalties.

Seems fair enough.

As much as I want to see this fight, I can't blame him for trying to get paid.

I'm sure if they just paid Conor the 30 million he's worth he would be fine with it.

No he wouldn't. The guy has a Floyd Mayweather obsession. He desperately wants to be his own promoter. Its been his goal for years and Floyd rubbing it in his face that he has a boss really pissed him off

The UFC just did Conor a HUGE favor letting him Box Floyd. Its time for Conor to repay them by fighting

He doesnt need money. He's set for life and generations after. At the end of the day you have to wake up and look in the mirror. Are you the best or a conman. His choice but I know what real fighters would pick.

Hell Tony Khabib and many others doesnt need to fight Tony's made about 4 million. thats enough to retire comfortably. But still does.

UFC promotes fighters that generate public interest. So it is up to the fighters to start promoting themselves. There are many ways to do it. GSP is an example of a very popular fighter who has done it very differently than Conor.

The problem with promoting fighters based on performance is they seem to be only good (as far as fans are concerned) as long as they win in an exciting manner. Wonderboy, Sage and many many others lost public interest because they had lost. So UFC created an ever changing p4p list to hype fighters that way.

The UFC used to promote the brand (and allot of fans hated that) so many fighters were well known and even shit cards were pulling 300K PPV buys. Ronda started the push the fighter over the brand trend and the UFC is paying for it now

The UFC just did Conor a HUGE favor letting him Box Floyd. Its time for Conor to repay them by fighting
The UFC made way more money than Conor on that deal. If it had been the other way around I may have agreed with you.

Yes, but theoretically, conflicts of interest are inevitable. You don't govern by trying to avoid putting people in positions where they might have conflicts of interest, you do it by having them recuse themselves from decision-making processes where they have acute conflict of interest. And that's not happening with any of the other countless conflicts of interest that are present in the sport, so I don't see why this would be any worse.

Floyd delayed pac fight for 5 years cuz promoter. Wouldn't fight winky and what not.

MANNY delayed the fight because he didn't want stricter drug testing. I don't know how the hell anyone who follows the sport of Boxing (which you don't) could think it was Floyds fault the fight didn't happen sooner.

Also Winky was a a fucking jrMW moving up to freaking MW. Floyd was a LW/jrLW. Only a complete moron would think 140LB Floyd should have to Box 170LB Winky. Instead of moving up for a freak show fight Floyd defended his belt in his weight class like Conor should do

Who gives a fuck? Conor does bigger numbers then anyone ever, but the UFC was in even better shape before he blew up. His desperation to be MMAs Floyd is ruining the sport. He can fuck right off! In the long run the UFC will be better off. Maybe they can get back to having a bunch of popular fighters again

The need to strip him, his attitude is all wrong. Why is he talking about "coming back?" He never retired. You don't get to take a break, then make demands for your return. He's a clown.
have a sook ya little sissies, Conor is the king and the king does as he pleases, and you guys are well frankly nobodies

0 / 10

yTEpN1LDSZeHR1gAvA4q_Sofa%20Truck%20Toss.gif
Hahahahaha. Wow that is some brain power there.

The UFC made way more money than Conor on that deal. If it had been the other way around I may have agreed with you.

All reports say Conor made much more then the UFC

Major conflict of interst. Floyd delayed pac fight for 5 years cuz promoter. Wouldn't fight winky and what not. Conors almost ruined MMA like boxing is ruined. Would be totally wrecked if conman gets to 100% pick and choose like owner do.

The fight game is shady AF with a horrible reputation. UFC was trying to change it at one time and grew by leaps and bounds as legit. Athlete promoter makes it worse.
Yeah I’m sure bob arum has nothing to do with the delay in may-pac, or the shady horn and Bradley decisions (both arum fighters) or the fact in those “5” years PAC fought only fighters who were under arum or forced to sign exclusive contracts with arum for the pac fight (Mosley) and were one or two fights from previous losses, while Floyd in those five years worked with and fought fighters of different promoters, including arch enemy Oscar de la Hoya. But sure, arum was eager to make a fight with a fighter who’s guts he hated in Floyd and he didn’t control.
Also, I thought in boxers power was the last to leave, when’s the last time PAC knocked someone out? Funny how he stopped KOong people around the time the allegations began from Floyd. Who is Alex Ariza? “I’m scared of needles” yet I have tattoos. “I can’t get blood drawn randomly would affect my training”

There is a strong conflict of interest because as a self-promoter, he will have some leeway to angle for larger paydays, as opposed to fights that benefit UFC more than himself (e.g. title defenses to keep the division championship legit).

Also, he is not only asking for that, but also for a seat at the table. WME would have to be crazy to give that kind of clout to him - he will never fight legit competitors again if he had his way.

This. I still wouldn't mind watching Nate push his shit in again.

Back