Conor's win over Holloway is irrelevant

081713-UFC-FIght-Night069.jpg

Its pretty damn relevant. Yeah, secretly, you know it.

Why don't we also put a picture of Joe Duffy making Conor tap? McGregor fans in a nutshell.

Its certainly one of the most important fights that has happened in UFC. It makes Conor FW division GOAT. Young kneeless Conor smashed Max in one of the most one sided beatdowns in UFC.

Holloway had more fights in the UFC than McGregor when they fought

But was 21. He didn't have that much skill yet. And he looks way more improved than Conor. Conor still only kicks for distance management and his whole game revolves around that left hand. And his cardio is still bad. Holloway on the other hand was coming off a loss to Dennis Bermudez. You tell me who's evolved more.

so then he didn't really improve on being able to take on guys that pose a takedown threat
he got surprised in a fight by a looping overhand whilst expecting a takedown and you think thats evidence of his lack of improvement?

lol

he got surprised in a fight by a looping overhand whilst expecting a takedown and you think thats evidence of his lack of improvement?

lol

his reaction and reflex have slowed, for a striker timing is everything

his cardio is getting worse as he gets heavier and doesn't run

what improvements are you saying he has shown, give some examples

As good as Max's striking is today - and it is very good - I think Conor's was already better at the time he destroyed Max. I really believe that.

People underrate Conor lately due to his antics and the way he divides people. But his Buchinger fight, the early UFC fights, the Diaz fights...there are so many moments of striking brilliance and fluidity.

That doesn't mean he would beat Max today with ease. There are so many factors at play - conditioning, health, motivations, outside distractions. It could be a very competitive fight.

I don't know if Max would admit it but I see a lot of Conor in his movements. I have no doubt he studied the heck out of the guy who destroyed him so easily (as any good fighter should).

it was a fight when both were green in the UFC...... its relevant whether you want it to be or not.

Yeah, except Max has gotten way better while Conor has not. The Conor that fought Poirer was him at his peak. He’s not the same.

#FloydBless
#KhabibBless

Surely max or Conor’s skills haven’t changed! Good thing we only see fighters fight once and that’s it forever!!!

Good thing max isn’t riding a massive WIN streak and Conor is LOSING!!!

Lol....at 155 you dolt. Tell Max to move up and see what happens.

Conor loses 1 UFC fight he immediately avenges and another to a guy who BARELY makes the weight and probably can only do it one more time...and is undefeated...and Conor sucks. Lol

Haters are obsessed bro.

his reaction and reflex have slowed, for a striker timing is everything

his cardio is getting worse as he gets heavier and doesn't run

what improvements are you saying he has shown, give some examples
his cardio isnt getting worse, he just grappled with one of the best grapplers the UFC has ever seen for 4 rounds. That shit is tiring.

Also he has improved everywhere. He handled Eddie Alvarez like he was a child(nobody has ever done that to Eddie) destroyed the aura around Aldo with one punch(you know the guy that Max has built his career of beating twice? yeah, it was Conor that prepped him for Max).

just because he had one bad performance doesnt mean he is regressing

As good as Max's striking is today - and it is very good - I think Conor's was already better at the time he destroyed Max. I really believe that.

People underrate Conor lately due to his antics and the way he divides people. But his Buchinger fight, the early UFC fights, the Diaz fights...there are so many moments of striking brilliance and fluidity.

That doesn't mean he would beat Max today with ease. There are so many factors at play - conditioning, health, motivations, outside distractions. It could be a very competitive fight.

I don't know if Max would admit it but I see a lot of Conor in his movements. I have no doubt he studied the heck out of the guy who destroyed him so easily (as any good fighter should).

Being outstruck by Nate Diaz is kind of laughable considering he got raped on the feet by Benson Henderson. The notion that Nate is some sort of striking god is hilarious. He’s a slow, plodding LW who is good at throwing volume, that’s about it.

Conor today vs Max has a punchers chance, that’s it. If he doesn’t KO him, he won’t win. Max is better in every facet of the game

Back