Crazy how Holloway is more OG than Volkonovski yet he's still entering his prime

ChessJitsu

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Volk is in retirement age and Holloway is still peaking. And Holloway was prominent before Volk became prominent. Volk entered his prime and left it in a timespan before Holloway even reached it.

Max was 18 when he started fighting, Volk was 22. Volk was considered to be in his prime less than a year ago. Max will likely be done in a couple years.

Volk is in retirement age and Holloway is still peaking. And Holloway was prominent before Volk became prominent. Volk entered his prime and left it in a timespan before Holloway even reached it.
Volk is 3 years older then Max? Volk came to the UFC at age 28. Max started in the UFC at age 20.

We literally have a fighter tomorrow that shows us special talents can fight til the very end...Jose Aldo.

Randy Couture didn't hit his prime until his 40's

Take a look at Max's face -
dude's shop worn (those battles have taken their toll)

Now, imagine what Holloway will look like 3 years from now (all things being equal) - no bueno

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Max could have a full on second prime if he kept his body the way it was for 300 and made a permanent move to LW. I don't think he's quite the guy he once was at FW.

There are lots of reasons for this. Wear and tear not only from fighting but from training. Age is a relative thing as well. Some 30 year olds look and feel in their 40s, while some 40 years old (Yoel) look and feel like they are in their 20s.

I'm not so sure max isn't passed his prime. I don't think there's enough evidence there.

Crazy that Max is sitting at 7 losses and basically half of them are to Volk.

The only people to beat Max Holloway in the last decade is Dustin Poirier and Volk.

Volk is way better than he's getting credit for since losing to the best LW in the world and possibly the current best FW in the world.

Not everyone gets blessed with a godlike-chin and recovery like Max has. The fact Max's chin hasn't been completely cracked while he's been using his chin as a defense mechanism forever is truly astonishing.

These sherdoggers who are trying to tell you Max is past his prime are trying to protect Fedor's legacy because the latter started losing young while not being as long in MMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back