Crying is not socially acceptable?

IIRC the last time I shed a tear was at the end of Megan Leavey when she gets reunited with the dog.

I don't think I've ever cried in public, unless I was like 4 and dropped my ice cream or something. I was brought up to be stoic so that didn't fly. Felt like a scumbag when everyone but me was bawling their eyes out at my grandma's funeral, but it is what it is I guess.

I tear up at movies, Tv shows etc. I’m no pussy though. I’m in touch with my emotions. Last year my sons football team made it to the championships. I was an asst. coach. The other team was up a few points and needed a first. We had stopped the run all game, so they tried a screen. My son read it from the corner and rushed and grabbed a pick 6. After 6 years we won the championship in the best division. I teared up like a mofo.

I cried during the last episode of "The Office". I can't even remember why? I think, I was pretty emotional about Pam and Jim. I was really invested in that show.

Yeah I do - doesn't help I'm a life long sufferer of depression and anxiety.

As far are being not socially accepted - Don't really care if it is or not.

If I'm super baked watching something emotional I'll sometimes have to fight back the tear sniffles. I'll never admit it though, except anonymously on a web forum even to my wife. I'll be like "no I'm not crying, it's late baby, I'm baked and yawing a lot. It's just my eyes watering."

TS clearly never watched Old yeller.

Or marlie and me. Fuck that movie.

I have avoided Marlie and Me ever since it came out. I don't need that shit in my life. I've lost enough dogs to know how I feel when it happens. I don't need someone making money off of my heart string pulls.

In response to OP's question, I can get emotional from time to time. Sometimes I can go years, sometimes it's months. It's not a big sobbing mess, but I'll well up on occasion in which I usually pull myself together rather quickly. I know the warning signs and once I start encroaching dangerous territory, I reel it in. I don't think it's healthy to just avoid your emotions. Confront them and figure out how you really feel, but no sense in going into a downward spiral and balling uncontrollably (unless you lost a loved one, do whatever you gotta do to get through it).

Meh i dont really care. Fighters in mma cry all the time and they fight for a living. If they can cry,fuck it.

I spent years 15-37 not crying now I'll well up pretty regularly at movies or tv shows. I feel more human now than I did when I was younger.

I spent years 15-37 not crying now I'll well up pretty regularly at movies or tv shows. I feel more human now than I did when I was younger.

Some would maybe point to testosterone levels dropping off but I think as well age tends to come from greater self awareness. Moving from being emotionally repressed generally to having some kind of emotional control but being able to let your guard down more in private alone or with a partner.

I'd say its also the answer to Sherdogs favourite question of what women worth hanging onto actually want, someone who can man up and control himself when shit needs to get done but is actually going to be open with her in private.

Last edited:
I cry quite easily and i've never been embarrassed about it. I hate it when someone starts to cry and the say 'sorry,' you don't have to be.

Never been in a funeral, and haven't had many reasons to cry since becoming an adult.

Movies not really, but some books managed to get me wet eyes.

If I lose someone close in my family, I'll surely cry too.

Otherwise, I can understand some top athletes that cry while getting their medals in the podium or achieving the goals they set in life. I believe that if I won some world title or olympic medal and saw mf flag get raised, I would probably cry too

You_Tried_grande.jpg

It's been quite a while since I've cried until recently. My mom passed in September and I cry(or at least start 2) at the most random times. I started to clean out her house and I couldn't do it. I ended paying someone to just put all her shit in boxes.

I cry.

I'd be worried if I didn't experience, feel and understand the normal range of human emotions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back