Current consensus on Tiger Muay Thai?

Tiger are a very big gym where you are treated like a customer, they have very formatted classes where all the levels are separated into there own workout areas. There private lesson seemed to be of good quality.

Generally Gyms in Thailand can change in quality very rapidly, the only Gym I have trained at that has been consistent is Sinbi which has a great group of trainers. I would recommend trying a few gyms and seeing which fits your needs best and never ever commit to training at a certain gym if you have not tried it first.

I’ve had two trips to TMT and enjoyed both. The level of MMA sparring was great, the wrestling and striking classes were well constructed considering the constant dropping in and out of students. The Hickman brothers are running a real legit operation over there and it shows in the high level guys they have fighting in the UFC.

BJJ was of very high standard, Stuart Cooper and Alex Schilds are awesome guys with a real passion for it. There was a few world champions training last time I was out and it was an honour to get rounds in with them.

Striking was actually the weakest area of the place I found. It was quite hard finding a Thai trainer who really gave a shit about you and worked technique and tactics rather than just blasting pads. Western boxing coach Johnny is absolutely fantastic though, he gets a lot of work in with their pro-MMA and kickboxing team and again the results speak for themselves. They also have Rafael Fiziev (who recently signed to the UFC) taking kickboxing classes but I didn’t attend those classes so can’t really comment.

All in all I think it’s a great gym complex with brilliant coaches and a fantastic opportunity to get in there and train/spar with current-active UFC/Bellator/One FC fighters. My biggest complaint is the cleanliness of the gym... the mats aren’t cleaned with disinfectant anywhere near enough, I think the place went days without getting sprayed and mopped, which is absolutely ridiculous with the amount of classes they have on. After two hours of grappling and an hour of MMA sparring the mats would be disgusting and you would see 2-3 Thai housekeepers sweep the mats with brushes rather than spray down some disinfectant and clean them properly. I tried making a complaint but it fell on deaf ears.

It's expensive though, definitely the best bang for your buck if your goal is to learn how to train and fight like a thai

I'm sure it's a good mma gym or for training martial arts in general, just not what i personally would go to thailand for

Last edited:
Back