Current conventional warfare weapons that might be effective against specific type of aliens?

Water balloons with filled with shit (diarrhea) and piss.

c'mon now if aliens have the technology to get here from another planet or galaxy, i don't think we have any weapons that can beat them.

False.

We have an Artem Lobov

Any alien race that had the technology to travel across space would be so far beyond us technologically it would be incomprehensible to us and they would do whatever they wanted.

I'm sure any conventional weapon would probably work if we were in range to use it. So the big question is if they actually try to invade with a ground force or if they just blast us from orbit.

You have to think bullets aren't doing shit to a species that has mastered interplanetary travel.

We have lasers but they suck, and we have railguns but they're impractical. Nukes would work I guess, but that'd hurt us as much as them.

All hail to our new alien overlords?
Not necessarily. Lots of beings and machines are very susceptible to speeding, heated metal passing through its tissue/circuits. Bullets are shockingly effective, so maybe they'd work. Unless they have force fields or something...

Not necessarily. Lots of beings and machines are very susceptible to speeding, heated metal passing through its tissue/circuits. Bullets are shockingly effective, so maybe they'd work. Unless they have force fields or something...
I imagined they'd have some kind of shields to deflect objects from destroying their ships while moving at relativistic speed. I guess if it could scale down we'd be pretty boned.

But yeah, bullets are p4p pretty damned efficient and effective.

I'm sure any conventional weapon would probably work if we were in range to use it. So the big question is if they actually try to invade with a ground force or if they just blast us from orbit.

This is actually the key. I think if they tried to invade on the ground our current weapons, guns, bullets, etc. would work. A 50cal can take out a lot of stuff. An A10 aircraft can destroy a ground force. Unless they have some sort of special force shields they can use that block bullets. Even then you have the impact and the shockwaves from explosions that could theoritically kill them.

But if they either blast us from orbit or engage us from the sky we're screwed! If they can travel to different galaxies and planets, they clearly have air supioriority to anything that we could put against them. Our fighter jets would get destroyed. Our surface to air weapons might not work against them either.

.50 cal auto gun. I challenge any alien SOB to take more than 10 rounds and be in one piece.

A lot of it would depend on the physical size of the aliens.

Who knows, aliens that visit us might be much smaller than us, in which case our weapons would be pretty effective.

Can you imagine if the aliens were much larger than us? Like the average size for the alien species was something like the cloverfield monster. And 100s of them show up in ships that are each the size of a small state. We'd be completely at their mercy.

Probably a boomerang. They've never seen one and they'd be like, "Oh, he's throwing it over there." and think nothing of it.

Then: Bang! Right on the side of the head. It would probably hurt a bit.

hqdefault.jpg

Current conventional warfare weapons that might be effective against specific type of aliens? Can you think of one or couple?

Well, let's see. What kind of alien are you talking about. 'Alien', 'Predator', Area 51? I think this bad boy ought to do the job. The M107, .50 caliber, rifle.

800px-M82A1_barrett.jpeg

Jesse Ventura says ain’t no alien can stand up to Dat ge electric mini gun.

Bastards run when old painless comes out of the bag

i think if we mix the most powerful nuke we have with the ebola virus we'd have a very small chance, but in reality all our weapons would be a joke against any race that mastered space travel

Back