Dana needs to give Chuck another job

Pretty sure it isn’t Dana’s call. Both he and Hughes had no-work jobs taken away after the WME buyout if I recall correctly.

Reactions: HHJ
The UFC gave Chuck a yearly salary for 7 years and he didn't have to do any work. There's a lot of shit you can criticize Dana for but he went above and beyond on behalf of Chuck.
Did Chuck Liddell hurt you? Chuck was the face of the UFC when they blew up in 2005. He's partly responsible for their success to begin with. Chuck did more for the UFC than the UFC did for him.

Did Chuck Liddell hurt you? Chuck was the face of the UFC when they blew up in 2005. He's partly responsible for their success to begin with. Chuck did more for the UFC than the UFC did for him.

{<huh}

So it means I dislike Chuck to point out Dana went above and beyond for him? Dana is the one who talked him out of further brain damage and paid him a yearly salary that he didn't have to do anything for. Chuck was extremely lucky. You can count on one hand the fighters who have been treated like that. What about all his peers who didn't get shit from Dana once their athletic prime was gone and had to work for a living?

Not to pile on Chuck but his life sounds like a hot mess. According to his ex wife whom he just separated from he is a brain damaged, paranoid, alcoholic, drug abuser who fights people for drugs. I don't know if all of what she is saying is true or even any of it but damn you got to feel bad for the Iceman. He shouldn't fight anymore but what else can he do?

Chuck was one of the few guys who can really say Dana paid him good money for a while - but there want as much money in mma and Dana doesn't give two fucks about fighters anymore. He won't do shit for Chuck because there is no money to be made.on his end.

dana should create the masters division, bigger gloves, downs, and maybe mixed rule set rounds. chuck vs. pedro/sakuraba/maurice smith/coleman type of match ups. it is criminal and hypocritical to not let these warriors fight at this point. we are truly the monsters here.

I mean he didnt even do the "job" Dana gave him before,and the new regime put a stop to it. There is no job. When there was one,he didnt do it. So he can only blame himself. Forrest still is doing his.

Dont get me wrong,I feel for Chuck. But I dont think he has anything to contribute in this sense.

Chuck was one of the few guys who can really say Dana paid him good money for a while - but there want as much money in mma and Dana doesn't give two fucks about fighters anymore. He won't do shit for Chuck because there is no money to be made.on his end.
This isnt true. Dana was giving Chuck money for nothing. But now that the UFC is owned by WME he just isnt able to pay the guy for no reason anymore.

Dana should give everyone whose ever fought one fight in the UFC and infinite amount of money for an infinite amount of time.

...but then a few of you cucks would still complain about how mean he is.

No way. Chuck made hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars. If you manage to mess that up, I'm sorry, but you deserve what you get. I have zero sympathy for any athlete who made millions and then goes broke. The simple fact is that Chuck literally has a degree in business and accounting. He could have put those skills to very good use in his retirement, or at the very least when he was collecting a free paycheck for years before the UFC was bought by WME-IMG. It's pathetic how some people act like individual accountability isn't a thing. The man literally spent a obscene amount of money on cocaine, partying, and buying stupid stuff.

He made millions 15 years ago. When you make millions you assume you'll be set forever and dont think about what can happen. Recession, dying sport etc. If you have a house on the lake, 10 sports cars, try seeing what the bill for all that will be after 15 years. If you have no income, its over!

He made millions 15 years ago. When you make millions you assume you'll be set forever and dont think about what can happen. Recession, dying sport etc. If you have a house on the lake, 10 sports cars, try seeing what the bill for all that will be after 15 years. If you have no income, its over!
He also may have been rolling around with a fanny pack full of cocaine and quaaludes. Adds up after time.

No way. Chuck made hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars. If you manage to mess that up, I'm sorry, but you deserve what you get. I have zero sympathy for any athlete who made millions and then goes broke. The simple fact is that Chuck literally has a degree in business and accounting. He could have put those skills to very good use in his retirement, or at the very least when he was collecting a free paycheck for years before the UFC was bought by WME-IMG. It's pathetic how some people act like individual accountability isn't a thing. The man literally spent a obscene amount of money on cocaine, partying, and buying stupid stuff.
I have sympathy,even if he could have done it better. Just because he made some bad choices don't mean I don't feel for him.

Nobody's perfect. I don't think UFC under a new regime has any obligations to pay him for nothing though and there isn't really any use he has at this point.

I wish him all the luck though. War Chuck.

Dana was talking crap about Tito a few months ago about how Tito would try to screw the UFC over for pennies, something about stepping over dollars to pick up nickels, and in that talk he also said he was going to take care of Chuck for forever, that Chuck would always have a place in the UFC.

Guessing there's a little bit of truth in everything.

Hope Liddell is alright.

Dana was talking crap about Tito a few months ago about how Tito would try to screw the UFC over for pennies, something about stepping over dollars to pick up nickels, and in that talk he also said he was going to take care of Chuck for forever, that Chuck would always have a place in the UFC.

Guessing there's a little bit of truth in everything.

Hope Liddell is alright.
Dana wanted to pay Chuck for all that,but when UFC got sold,the powers that be above Dana,cut Hughes and Chuck's no show jobs out,and retained Forrest,because he actually did work.

Dana wanted to pay Chuck for all that,but when UFC got sold,the powers that be above Dana,cut Hughes and Chuck's no show jobs out,and retained Forrest,because he actually did work.
As far as I can tell, again, this was from a few months ago. Well after the UFC was sold. Meaning Dana was saying he is still taking care of Chuck. To what extent and how true this is is anyone's guess.

As far as I can tell, again, this was from a few months ago. Well after the UFC was sold. Meaning Dana was saying he is still taking care of Chuck. To what extent and how true this is is anyone's guess.
Oh ok.

Well I guess I can believe that. Chuck;s the one guy who didnt jump to PRIDE,when UFC desperatley needed him to stay. Held the fort down when Tito was off doin other shit.

my professional opinion is that Chuck 2024 has nasal polyps and excessive soft tissue at the uvula as a consequence of age and weight gain and which probably results in obstructive sleep apnea. I can hear it in the way he talks and breathes. listen closely. Let me know if you have any questions.

Back