Media Dana White claims Conor McGregor declined replacement opportunity that Gaethje ended up taking

I wouldn't be surprised if conor himself has genuinely wanted to slide in a fight at some point

But I think people need to understand when it comes to stars, it's never them who decide all these things on their own. He has a team of business advisors, PR people, every sort of figure you can think of planning every single move he makes, considering every possible angle in order to maximize potential profits and success

so while it's easy to blame a single person, it's never that simple. No different than trying to blame Trump or Dana for decisions that are made collectively by a great many people

Just my thoughts though

thank god dana finally starting to think straight about conor

coror with his "stay ready" and i believe he himself predicted that the tony kaib fight wouldn't happen in an areil interview and that he would slide in when it didnt time to eat your words

Conor: stay ready. pullout merchants. ready to step in. gonna be a season
Dana: wanna step in?
Conor: i don't want to
<JagsKiddingMe>

Can someone find the interview where he said he was training and ready as he predicted a pull out? I recall it clearly. February time, I think

If that were the case then he would have just retired before the first Floyd fight instead of letting the UFC take a shit load of his purse.

I think he was still really interested in MMA and knew he could make a lot of money still. It wasn't like he was getting 500k to fight Khabib. Conor said he made 50 million for that fight

Now he's a family man and probably has one foot out the door

Conor is ducking and Dana doesn't give enough fucks to defend him.

Pricelesss.

Not a replacement fighter

* unless it’s a bad matchup, or a wrestler on short notice, or a washed up veteran, or anybody else I think I can beat

Conor has never taken a fight as a late replacement. You're confusing him facing late notice replacements whenever the guy he was signed to fight couldn't show up. And Conor has done this both times it happened.

To be fair someone in Conor's position really shouldn't be a replacement fighter. He's bigger than that whether you like him or not. I feel like Dana's trying to put negative stories and critiques out there, whether it's Conor, Jones or Mas, so as to distract from his habitual low balling when it comes to finances.

And as I recall Conor did bail out Dana by accepting short notice fights on at least two occasions, the Mendes fight and the first Diaz fight. But it's funny how quick those favors are forgotten when Dana has a target in his crosshairs.
Good points, but who really has the advantage in a short notice fight where you have trained an entire camp and your opponent “rolled off the couch?” He deserves credit for fighting Mendes and Nate, but let’s not lose perspective.

Haha the ego on this guy, thinks he’s bigger than the sport

Fight would had made good PPV numbers, but i doubt Conor fills in on short notice, even if it wasnt that short, not 100% sure how many days it was.

Conor's canceled his own "season" after the first episode. LOL

Conor's canceled his own "season" after the first episode. LOL

Conor is such a hypocrite. Stay ready. Anywhere. Anytime.

Only fights short notice if the other guys are the ones without a training camp.

Look like he's falling out of favor with Dana.

Conor doesn't fill in on short notice.
We know this.
Huh? you really think he would have turned down a fight if he and his team thought was very profitable AND winnable? ...don't think so.

Back