Media Dana White working on making Adesanya/Romero. "He wants Romero and I respect that."

I like Israel even more for requesting a tough opponent like Yoel instead of sitting out and waiting.

2020 MW champion
61LcqXN.jpg

Some day, even Yoel will start to seem old. And the first guy to dominate him and finish him will get a ton of credit.

(After that, if he keeps losing -everyone who beats him will get zero respect, because they just beat "OLD yoel" - despite the fact that he's been old for a long time and still doing great)

I would love to see Yoel with a belt in the UFC but the reality is; if he ever did get it, he wouldn't hold it for long. Therefore, I think Cannonier is the guy who should get the shot although he is ranked lower. I believe he will cause problems for Adesanya.

Welp

So much for the people on here that said 1. Izzy is scared of Yoel 2. Dana is protecting izzy from Yoel

Not mad at it. I think Romero's slow start style plays against him here as it did against Costa. I can see Izzy catching him with something and finishing him. Now that this one is in the works, let's do Cannonier-Till and Gas-Whitaker.

Israel gets props for wanting to defend his title against Yoel. It's not a walk in the park match up.

<mma4>

Yoel has never really been a good MMA wrestler. He's always been a striker. His accolades did not translate well, though he has become a fast and powerful monster in the one aspect he shouldn't be good at. Respectable, but still extremely overrated as a grappler.

See, people knock Dana White but more times than not once he knows people want a certain fight be it the fighters or the fans he gets onto it if it's what they want.

Sure sometimes he might not see that or it make take a bit for him to catch on but when he does he usually works on it (then gets blamed if it doesn't happen lol).

This really isn't worse than Gus getting a title shot against DC after getting destroyed by Rumble. Book the fight. Great fight for Israel tbh.

lol. You must have missed out on the Heavies in the lead up to UFC 244. Honestly, the amount of whining by grown men on a karate forum over that fight was embarrassing.

As good as Yoel is, it doesn't make sense to give him a title fight off of a loss.

John Fury calls out Dana, someone post this as a thread - John previous spent years in prison for gouging a mans eyes out.

Yoel has never really been a good MMA wrestler. He's always been a striker. His accolades did not translate well, though he has become a fast and powerful monster in the one aspect he shouldn't be good at. Respectable, but still extremely overrated as a grappler.
Wouldn't say his wrestling is overrated at all, he just doesn't use it often instead relying on his striking.

Back