Media Dana White working on making Adesanya/Romero. "He wants Romero and I respect that."

Yoel should've been the champ at one point in time but i think the ship has sailed now. Israel is a bad matchup.

Israel decision all day. Yoel won't catch him clean, and all he really has is a punchers chance.
Yoel has a lot of explosive movements. To think he can't catch him clean is complete ignorance on your part.

Kelvin was catching him, what says Yoel can't either?

You guys act like since Yoel hasn't been winning fights lately that he's not every bit as dangerous as he's always been.

The longer the fight goes, the less chance he has. But Yoel can easily turn out the lights and we've seen Adesanya KO'd clean before.

Why isn't Jared Cannonier getting the title shot? 3 straight finishes + he has energy stones
because people will just say he ducked yoel this and he doesn't want to fight him that. so best to just prove them all wrong anyway the person who is the rightful next in line is now out, and he just barely beat by yoel by an inch.

It's an intriguing fight.

as far as Jared Cannonier goes, I'd like to see him in a 5 round main event fight before he fights for the belt.

He should be looking to book himself against till. Whittaker should fight gastelum.

Objectively.

Yoel doesn't deserve it, and there is a man with who holds the power of the universe who should definitely be the one who gets it....

Objectively.

Yoel doesn't deserve it, and there is a man with who holds the power of the universe who should definitely be the one who gets it....

I agree while we are being object.

However.. from a Subjective stand point, we can say that cannoier has not face the same level of competition as yoel. And that yoel is "more proven" in these scenarios. Again, Subjectively, People dont believe that he lost his last 2 fights. lots of fighters have gotten title shots in this position of losing 2 straight fights because of this.

Sorry, that's bs. If he's not waiting for Costa, it should be Cannonier.

Till got cold feet. Then Israel got cold feet.

Winter is coming and his name is Romero...
When are you gonna stop doubting my boy. Will it be after Israel picks apart Yoel??? Or will the narrative on Sherdog be that Israel beat an older man?

Last edited:
Because the BMF belt ruined the integrity of the sport. :cool:
more so then moving an entire event last minute for Jon Pico?

<mma4>
giphy.gif

Last edited:
This is a joke. I love Yoel, but how can you justify a guy who has lost twice in a row, 3 out of 4, has missed weight in two of those fights getting a title shot? Only deserving guy right now is Cannonier with Costa out.

Cannonier is doing well but you don't think Yoel would be on a 3 fight win streak against Branch, Anderson and Hermansson? C'mon.
Who is to say? Yoel is somewhat overrated. Hermansson may have out paced him. Anderson might have beat him in a starting contest. And it isn't just that Jared beat them. It was how he looked beating them.

Either way Yoel's stock is as high as it will get right now and he will be great on Israel's record. Jared only needs one big name win and he may leap frog Costa.

I agree while we are being object.

However.. from a Subjective stand point, we can say that cannoier has not face the same level of competition as yoel. And that yoel is "more proven" in these scenarios. Again, Subjectively, People dont believe that he lost his last 2 fights. lots of fighters have gotten title shots in this position of losing 2 straight fights because of this.

Subjectively, some people believe the earth is flat.....I'm sure some "people" think Yoel "won" his last 2 fights....They're adorable.

And Hermansson is defeinately of the quality of fighters Yoel has faced....The only difference is Cannoier actually won....And in extremely clear fashion.

And off the top of my head I'm not exactly sure of the "lots' of fighters who've gotten a title fight after losing 2 straight....Perhaps you can create a list of the "lots" of fighters this has happened to?

He’s not fighting the killa gorilla because he doesn’t have much name value. Another top 5 win and they’ll be able to promote it l. Yoel is a really big name to the casuals.

because people will just say he ducked yoel this and he doesn't want to fight him that. so best to just prove them all wrong anyway the person who is the rightful next in line is now out, and he just barely beat by yoel by an inch.

It's an intriguing fight.

as far as Jared Cannonier goes, I'd like to see him in a 5 round main event fight before he fights for the belt.

He should be looking to book himself against till. Whittaker should fight gastelum.
To be fair, Jared's last win was in a five round main event. It just didn't go the distance. Either way before Costa got hurt no one believed that victory warranted a titleshot for Jared so people can stop crying. And I like Jared.

Subjectively, some people believe the earth is flat.....I'm sure some "people" think Yoel "won" his last 2 fights....They're adorable.

And Hermansson is defeinately of the quality of fighters Yoel has faced....The only difference is Cannoier actually won....And in extremely clear fashion.

And off the top of my head I'm not exactly sure of the "lots' of fighters who've gotten a title fight after losing 2 straight....Perhaps you can create a list of the "lots" of fighters this has happened to?
Jared might be better than Yoel. I personally believe Jared has looked like the second best fighter at 185 in the last 2 years. BUT it doesn't matter if it is true that Jared is better. What matters is what you can get people to believe.

And right now people believe Yoel is the scariest Motherfucker at 185. When Israel beats him he will be even more revered. If Israel beats Jared right now, the victory won't get the respect it deserves because people aren't convinced that Jared is an elite fighter. If he beats a big name like Whittaker or Till that will definitely change and the title shot will be undeniable. He may even leap frog Paula.

John Fury calls out Dana, someone post this as a thread - John previous spent years in prison for gouging a mans eyes out.

John boxed professionally....he fought Henry Akinwande

Back