Media Dana White working on making Adesanya/Romero. "He wants Romero and I respect that."

Yoel has never really been a good MMA wrestler. He's always been a striker. His accolades did not translate well, though he has become a fast and powerful monster in the one aspect he shouldn't be good at. Respectable, but still extremely overrated as a grappler.
Yoel can take you down, but he doesn't have a grapplers mind at all. He only use his takedowns to create opportunities to strike. He quite literally the fighter fans should like, a fighter who aims only to dish out damage.

I believe Yoel knows his wrestling doesn't translate well into MMA, but he has been using it accordingly, one of a threat. He can pace himself much better as a striker than a grappler.

Yoels lost 3 in his last 4 and now gets a title shot? Having a body like a Greek god really pays the bills.

He arguably beat Whitaker in the second fight. Costa's injured and Whitaker just got knocked dead, who would you put in ahead of Romero?

Subjectively, some people believe the earth is flat.....I'm sure some "people" think Yoel "won" his last 2 fights....They're adorable.

And Hermansson is defeinately of the quality of fighters Yoel has faced....The only difference is Cannoier actually won....And in extremely clear fashion.

And off the top of my head I'm not exactly sure of the "lots' of fighters who've gotten a title fight after losing 2 straight....Perhaps you can create a list of the "lots" of fighters this has happened to?
Frankie edgar, Joanna. See well the list isn't long but the circumstances are similar

To be fair, Jared's last win was in a five round main event. It just didn't go the distance. Either way before Costa got hurt no one believed that victory warranted a titleshot for Jared so people can stop crying. And I like Jared.
I feel the same way, honestly. but it's not like he's being stripped of something that he has earned. Someone else lost something that they have earned but it just didn't fall into jareds lap.

Maybe Dana should work on Remro vs Canonier, out of which the winner get the title shot.

Frankie edgar, Joanna. See well the list isn't long but the circumstances are similar
Joanna beat Tecia and was promised a title shot at 115 for it after her second loss to Rose. Keep in mind this was after Joanna asked for time off which she only got a year later. Many thought it was an unlikely win due to similar style matchup to Rose but if she can overcome that style issue then sure. After she won all the roaches came out saying nope you need to win 2-3 more. Nevermind that Rose got her title shot off of one win or how Val got hers for crushing a regional can.

Context is important.

If Costa is out for a while and if israel really wants it ,why not
because Romero lost his last fight and Jared Cannonier is on a 3-fight winning streak, including 2 performance of the night bonuses...

I get that everyone has been knocked down with Kelvin losing, Costa Healing, ect....but Yoel has had 2 attempts at the belt, lost both and missed weight in one and is now pushing on 43. Oh, and he just lost decisively to Costa, who likely is an inferior striker to Israel.

Ah well, it will still be fun to watch, even though it doesn't make any sense.

He arguably beat Whitaker in the second fight. Costa's injured and Whitaker just got knocked dead, who would you put in ahead of Romero?
Cannonier and tbh there's no argument about it.

How hilarious would it be if Romero won. So Costa upon returning from surgery for his title shot, has to fight the guy he already just won a hard decision over to earn that shot.

Fighting Romero is bad for your health. Good Luck..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back