Dana won't let Jonny Bones go to heavyweight.

Because it's a big money fight against an easier opponent, and a great way to try out himself at the HW ? And then go from there ?

First sentence absolutely. But don't know about the second. Right now Stipe is looking extremely impressive and I believe when you get an extremely talented big guy versus and extremely talented little guy, the cards are working in his favor...are cautious words indeed.

First sentence absolutely. But don't know about the second. Right now Stipe is looking extremely impressive and I believe when you get an extremely talented big guy versus and extremely talented little guy, the cards are working in his favor...are cautious words indeed.
Yep. Jones, to his credit, is realistic about himself. The simple fact that he gets hit means he could be KOed at HW by a far less skilled opponent. That's just how HW power works.

Jon has to beat usada first before anyone talks about heavyweight

Admittedly, the window of opportunity between reinstatement and repopping was brief. But after he rewon the LHW (temporarily) you'll note it was Lesnar he called out, not Stipe.
How many times had he fought during all of his cluster fucks?

How much cash do you think he lost in that period?

The one opportunity he had to challenge someone, literally the 24 hour window he called out Brock who is clearly a cash draw.

Im sure if he thought he could make the same cash off Stipe he would have called him out the same way he challenged Stipe before.

I agree with you, Stipe is talanted and a hard worker but overall the HW isn't great. Jones dominated a stacked LHW division, i don't think you can really compare Jones' and Stipe's talent levels.

If Bones moves to heavyweight there will be practically no interest in LHW.

Dana White is going to pay Jon Jones more to keep fighting at lightheavyweight giving them time to find new stars in the next couple years.

The only way I can see UFC allowing Jon Jones to fight at heavyweight is a super fight for the winner of DC, Stipe, the more likely scenario being Bones vs DC trillogy, for billions in revenue. Then the YFC requesting Jones vacate the heavyweight title to move back down to lightheavyweight.
are u saying theres no depth in the light-heavy division? cuz i thought only heavys lacked depth.

Back