Daniel Cormier explains why he believes Jim Miller isn’t a future UFC Hall of Famer

Look at that.. DC making an ass of him himself yet again. More news at 11.

Lets weigh Jim's pro's and con's.
-Cons-

Never Achieved Gold in the UFC.
51% Win average

-Pros-
I say he is a Hall of Fame candidate. Especially because hanging around the longest in the UFC should be worth something. Sam Alvey tried it and failed.

Both DC and Bisping need to shut up with their stupid opinions lately. Whether it's on their own podcasts or the commentary booth, both of them say the stupidest shit sometimes.
And getting attention they wouldn't otherwise get.

After going through all eight pages so far, I see that the vast majority are in favor of Miller being in the hall-of-fame.

But why stop there? If Miller goes, that’ll be unfair to Joe Lauzon, Chris Lytle, Mike Swick, Clay Guido, etc. to not be included in the hall-of-fame. Hell, I say throw in Nate ‘Rock’ Quarry, John Alessio, Martin Kampmann, Pat Healy, Josh Burkman, Dustin Hazelett, Josh Joslin, Kalib Starnes, Gray Maynard, etc. They all deserve it. I know I’m missing so much more.

He's got a right to his opinion. Not everyone would consider Miller HOF material. Not everyone would consider DC a legit LHW champion, either.

<JonesLaugh>

But comparing him to one NFL offensive lineman was just stupid. They aren't even compatible to compare

The problem is that if we properly use the NFL O-linemen analogy, it actually proves DC wrong. Miller wasn't just some guy with 30 or 40 fights in the UFC, he is the one with the MOST fights ever in the UFC. So if DC wants to use the NFL linemen analogy, then pick the NFL linemen with the MOST games played in their careers. And it happens that not just NFL linemen with the most, the 2nd and 3rd most games played - Mick Tingelhoff, Will Shields and Gene Upshaw - are ALL in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I'm not saying Cerrone deserves to be in the HOF, but Cerrone was a higher level fighter for a longer time. Cerrone was a top 5 fighter for many yrs, & at 1 time was the #1 contender. Miller was never a top 5 fighter, he was a top 10 fighter for a short time & for much less time than Cerrone was a top 5 fighter. JM has most wins but also 16 UFC losses (that's probably most losses or 1 of the most losses of any UFC Fighter in UFC fights). I do think UFC HOF is just whatever Dana feels like though so there's no real criteria

If Miller lost his last fight, I think there would be a lot more posters saying he shouldn't be in it.

When you think UFC HOF, you don't think "Jim Miller".

Some things like Royce, Hughes, Anderson, etc.

If you give it thought and say "because he has the most wins in UFC history", then sure, it's understandable.

What happens if he gets passed?

Does he get kicked out then?

Jim Miller doesn’t belong in the HOF.

I didn't? But I can say that I think it's alot closer then you make it out to be. And it still doesn't matter. The question is whether Miller should be in the Hof or not and he damn sure should.

Bro it's not close in any means lol. There are level to this.

Jim Miller is a staple of the UFC. His grit is unquestionable. His game style of fighting is undeniable. Excellent ambassador for MMA. His sheer volume of donations to the JBG is the stuff of legends and should be in the HOF right?

On the other hand analyze fairly Jim Miller’s career as you do other fighters. Analyze prime Jim Miller. Analyze post prime Jim Miller. Analyze peak run Jim Miller? Which part looked HOF worthy? At what point? What DC said isn’t offensive it’s a perspective you agree with or don’t. If at no point in your career you looked HOF worthy you are being inducted for tenure. I don’t need to agree to understand that opinion.

Sherdog is up in arms over a very valid argument. You can agree or disagree with the man but calling him out on the matter is false outrage at its finest. Personally I love every second of it. War DC. He earned my respect on this one for having the balls to be honest on a fair point whilst rustling the jims

yup

Dana: I think 44 yrs old arlovski should wrap it up soon.

FALSE OUTRAGE

OMG DANA YEWWWW RETIRE OMG

This place is mostly endless tears anyhow.

Don't sweat it.

<Fedor23>

I'd agree with DC's comments if the UFC HOF had standards. But it doesn't. Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida are in it. So is Forrest Griffin. In other sports, the HOF is reserved for the truly elite. In UFC, it's like matchmaking and rankings - someone is just making a frivolous judgment call.

Dana is hoping Andrei loses his next fight to cut him and make more profit. Anyone know how much Jim is getting per fight?

Anything that doesn’t toe the line of the consensus succumbs to this bombardment of fake indignation. Sometimes, when you’re on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.

yup

Dana: I think 44 yrs old arlovski should wrap it up soon.

FALSE OUTRAGE

OMG DANA YEWWWW RETIRE OMG
Dana has alterior motivations to make that statement being Arlovski has a bloated contract but I can’t say either way as its a fair statement

Back