RBR DAZN Joshua vs Helenius Aug.12th

Only giving 1 rounds is awful A side scoring. Helenis won the 2nd round clearly also.

to me it looked like he wanted no more but felt like he had to be seen protesting, but he was done.
It was a strange scene. The ref didn't think he wanted to continue badly enough and called it. That was his determination. AJ did seem surprised that he waved it off, though. I don't think he's that good of an actor.

It was a strange scene. The ref didn't think he wanted to continue badly enough and called it. That was his determination. AJ did seem surprised that he waved it off, though. I don't think he's that good of an actor.

exactly yeah, he was more surprised that the fight was called off more than anything, like he wasn’t expecting it but then he seemed to be fine with it because he didn’t have nothing left.

At least we'll get AJ vs Wilder next. Better late than never even if AJ is no longer the same fighter. I still see shades of the old AJ in there. A flash of brilliance at times. But Wilder is the favorite at this point. However, we haven't seen Wilder take a big shot since he was knocked out by Fury. Helenius didn't last long enough to put any leather on him and that's the only guy he's been in with since. AJ needs to let go. If he can do that he'll be a real live dog.

A lot of bs revisionist history. The whole reason aj style is cautious is because ruiz knocked him out from over aggression. This is heavyweight boxing. One punch changes the fight .

He’s better now than he was

Aj has and always will be far too stiff and slow for wilder. It was true in 2018. And it’s true in 2023

A lot of bs revisionist history. The whole reason aj style is cautious is because ruiz knocked him out from over aggression. This is heavyweight boxing. One punch changes the fight .

He’s better now than he was
AJ is more refined now than he was before but his confidence is gone and confidence is everything in a fight.

It worked against Wlad. At least it gives him a fighting chance. If he starts slow and is overly cautious Wilder KOs him 10/10 times.
It worked against Wlad. At least it gives him a fighting chance. If he starts slow and is overly cautious Wilder KOs him 10/10 times.

bro wlad was 40 years old. He was old and slow and hadn’t fought.

Helenius thought he could “let his hands go” against wilder and back him down and try to Tyson fury him. He got koed in a round. It’s not that simple, you can’t just get reckless against wilder he’ll just knock you out

bro wlad was 40 years old. He was old and slow and hadn’t fought.

Helenius thought he could “let his hands go” against wilder and back him down and try to Tyson fury him. He got koed in a round. It’s not that simple, you can’t just get reckless against wilder he’ll just knock you out
Wlad also had AJ almost out of there. Not bad for a 40 year old. His mistake was letting him off the hook. AJ let his hands go and stopped him. You're missing the point, if AJ doesn't fight gun shy it gives him an actual shot at catching Wilder and winning the fight. If he fights like he's scared then he gets totaled every single time. As for Helenius, he recklessly walked into a counter after Wilder baited him. I doubt AJ would fall for that same trap.

Why is everyone acting like AJ has nothing for Wilder? He's a better boxer, hits hard, and wilders chin ain't exactly granite

Late replacement and all that but really didn't look great for AJ to be getting his face marked up while he struggled to put away a guy who was there for that right hand all night. AJ's a mentally broken fighter at this point, and proper weirdo in many respects to boot, he never recovered from the third round of that first Ruiz fight. He's improved as a boxer but his confidence is gone and as a result he take forever to properly exploit openings. Wilder will likely KO him and that will be the end of the AJ story.

Robert in his prime (pre-Chisora hand injury) would have been a favorite against this version of AJ. Since the Sauerland days Robert has never really been in a 12 rounds shape anymore. It's a shame his career went like it did.

Late replacement and all that but really didn't look great for AJ to be getting his face marked up while he struggled to put away a guy who was there for that right hand all night. AJ's a mentally broken fighter at this point, and proper weirdo in many respects to boot, he never recovered from the third round of that first Ruiz fight. He's improved as a boxer but his confidence is gone and as a result he take forever to properly exploit openings. Wilder will likely KO him and that will be the end of the AJ story.

100% AJ is a weirdo.

I have always said he’s on sort of medication, could be something for depression/bipolar. There is something not right with him.

Either than or he’s just a fucking retard.

I feel bad for Helenius, getting slumped by Wilder and now AJ. Would have preferred to see a different face in there against Joshua.
Got a nice pay day each time, the Wilder one he legit got slept but for this one I think he just waited for the first big shot and knew to not get up from it. Helenius doesnt strike me as the kind of guy to blow the money or cars or drugs, probably he is setting up college funds for his kids and grandkids.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back