DC and Weight Gate - do you really care?

How fair would it be to Rumble if it wasn´t a title fight?

Last edited:
im happy the fight is on.. after so many of the big fights like this being called off last minute.. i may be a little salty if he LnP the whole fight..

I don't give a damn how he did it. How about you?
Just let them bang, bro.

I think it's funny, to be honest.

DC cheated. There's no question about that. But literally everyone involved is absolutely okay with him cheating. Rumble benefits from it with the title fight. The UFC benefits from it with protection from the fight falling through and/or ending up with a real paper champion who kept his title but got beaten up in a non title bout. The NYSAC benefits from getting putting on another successful event early in their run of having MMA legal in the state. The fans benefit from getting to see a title fight that matters. Even Jon Jones benefits from the hype the whole thing is going to bring to the division and the trash he is now going to get to talk.

In this particular case, and under these particular circumstances, DC cheating and making weight is better for everyone than DC not cheating and not making weight.

How fair would it be to Rumble if it wasen´t a title fight?

Exactly. This was done to save the fight for everyone.

If this had been a non title fight to start with, DC would have given up a percentage of his purse, and we'd have a catch weight bout. Circumstances required a quick fix. This is what they came up with. And by "they" I really do mean "they." Everyone was complicit here. The AC, the UFC, Rumble and his camp. All.

DC had 2 hours available to him to lose the 1,2lbs. He would have made it anyway. Shit, piss, puke, sweat, and that 1,2lbs is NOTHING!

"Just let em bang bro"
original.jpg

Both fighters will enter the octogan far far above that 205 weight "limit". That 1.2 lbs means next to nothing and will have not a thing to do with the outcome. Bet if you take the time to trace back the posters it's all DC haters and JBJ apologists so outraged. We have a huge title fight tonight. If your that outraged save your money for my old man and Wandy.

I just think he should be fined a percentage of his purse and it should be given to Rumble.

Wouldn't be surprised if that happened behind the scenes though already.

How do you know Cormier didn't go backstage and take a huge dump, talk with Rumble, give blood, vomit, run on a treadmill, tell them to put fresh batteries in the scale, remove his pants and / or get an enema?
There was only 2 minutes btwn the weigh ins. Are we supposed to believe Cormier ran back to the dressing room and took a dump Capt Morgan style and walked back out for the 2nd weigh in. He pushed on the towel and the commisioner will get a back room bonus.

A little but not very much.. more on the drama side.

Around 1 lbs for big LHWs ain't shit.. maybe if it was in the 155 or lower division maybe I would be more up in arms but for the bigger guy fook it.. I want them 5 rounds and belt on the line.

Yes.... These commissions that regulate boxing and MMA are a joke and are corrupt. Lol, look at the NYSAC Director lie straight up to reporters about DC holding the towel, even with him knowing that there is probably video evidence. Its remarkable, these commissions think the public are morons.

And ROFL..... @ All the people on here arguing that it doesn't matter, since DC would have made the weight had he been given a second chance anyways... Honestly, sometimes I wonder if the corrupt leadership that we see in MMA/Boxing is also reflection of society.

But. W.e. DC should have been forced to make weight and to suffer for an extra hour or so... D.C. having to mentally go through that could have swayed the momentum even more in Rumble's favor and he would have been granted (rightfully) 20% of D.C.'s purse... It's ridiculous that he was already gifted with an opportunity by the NYSAC to make weight (as they argued that their rules overrule UFC POLICY)... and that he was still allowed to manipulate the rules system even more. What a disgrace.

In most instances in the UFC’s new early weigh-in policy, which started this past year, fighters are only allowed to get on the scale in the two-hour window – and if they miss the mark, it’s their only chance.

But Giardina said the NYSAC policy would overrule the UFC’s policy – and the championship-bout fighters are given an extra two hours, meaning Cormier would’ve been allowed to return to the scale as late as nearly 1 p.m. ET.

“Technically, we give two hours,” Giardina said. “The UFC has a different rule, but we would’ve given him two (additional) hours. Our policy would control (the situation). We would’ve allowed him to re-weigh up to two hours after the scheduled weigh-in.”
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/nysac-...el-cormier-second-weigh-in-attempt-at-ufc-210

Jones is going to wreck Cormier's fat ass.

I don't like cheating but I'm not focused on that. I'm just glad he made weight. Let the athletic commission look in to it if they feel that is necessary. I want to see a big title fight not drama that ruins the fight.

If it wasn't against Rumble I might, but against Rumble no I have no problem.

I didnt want this fight postponed again. Im glad he cheated and its on. Bones is waiting for the winner.

How do you know Cormier didn't go backstage and take a huge dump, talk with Rumble, give blood, vomit, run on a treadmill, tell them to put fresh batteries in the scale, remove his pants and / or get an enema?

The "huge dump" is non existent because he was most likely on a severe diet in this week and most likely close to starvation on the last 48 hours. Before he got to the scale be sure any "small" dump was already taken.

"Talk with Rumble" ? to get him to what ? it's not up to him it's the commission in play here no Rumble at this point in time.

"Give blood".. if you do this I believe USADA will be all over you.. you know those rules NO IV's they are in play.

"Vomit" I already explained he has little to no food inside of him at this point most likely hasn't had anything to eat at all the entire day that's how the hard weight cuts work so sorry but nothing to vomit out.

"Run on a treadmill" alright this could be possible only problem is the time very little time to get a proper sweat going in a body that was already low on sweat to give out, this isn't normal conditions he is already super depleted on this point in time, no way he gets 1.2 lbs off in around 2 minutes of time by doing this.

"Fresh batteries" well it worked for the other fighters good enough it's only low battery on DC ? surprising to say the least.

"Remove his pants" he already was naked for the first try.

"Get an enema" you really think a dude starving himself for a week and not eating anything in the last 24 hours, doing a solid weight cut so he took plenty of dumps already in this cut to this point is still with that much shit on his insides ? alright maybe he gets something out but for such a depleted man with strict diet for a week and you remove 1.2 lbs with this now ? even if he removes how much can it be like 0.5 if that.. if plus the logistic you think they just pulled the enema in 1 minute out of the bag and started ? why didn't they do it before and the purpose of the enema is cleaning with water and his body is very dried up at this point will probably retain some of that water so what you clean out you most likely retain back in the form of water.

Nothing here is realistic or plausible at least say something like.. "cut of his beard and hair on his head, body, private parts".. wiped him down really good maybe he had some sweat left over on him, very unlikely but hey say something, do something to fool the masses.

Realistic it's 2 choices:

a) commission cheated

or

a + b) DC cheated hands on the towels, each with 0.5~0.6 lbs of pressure just enough to put him on the good mark.. or even have the commission be like hey 205 even if it was 205.1~0.2.. yet again the officials turning a blind eye to the hands position and the positive round up on the scale number.

Cormier saved the card but it shouldn't happen again

DC was a bit over the championship weight...

So then he took off his thong and made the weight

IS NORMAL....no?

7c2623463957893899cc3f82406c1e4ad636a2aac45fa76df7aa8bd514ce872b.jpg

Sometimes you can tell from the way a person writes that they breathe through their mouth.

I honestly don't give a fuck at all. But it is funny as hell to watch people lose their shit over it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back