Define what being a "Leftist" is

Is a Leftist different from a Liberal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's a better descriptor for this then?

If you don't like conflict theory, get into what you don't or even do like about the theory. Don't equate every far left progressive as supporting conflict theory, don't equate conflict theory as Marxism, don't equate the entire "leftist" segment with Marxism. And if you do, at least admit you are giving us the brietbart dictionary and not a real definition.

If you're from STL, you can read over my posts and deduce what neighborhood by my descriptions of it. Also not white.

I lived in Stl for almost 10 years. Bevo, Lafayette Square and TGS. I don't read enough of your posts to deduce anything about where you live. Also, Stl is full of self loathing whites whether you're white or not doesn't change that as I'm sure you've noticed the same, no ? I live in Town and Country now. Much better.

If you don't like conflict theory, get into what you don't or even do like about the theory. Don't equate every far left progressive as supporting conflict theory, don't equate conflict theory as Marxism, don't equate the entire "leftist" segment with Marxism. And if you do, at least admit you are giving us the brietbart dictionary and not a real definition.

Not what I asked you mate.

But by the way, yes, conflict theory is a central part of Marxism... ultimately commensurate.

I lived in Stl for almost 10 years. Bevo, Lafayette Square and TGS. I don't read enough of your posts to deduce anything about where you live. Also, Stl is full of self loathing whites whether you're white or not doesn't change that as I'm sure you've noticed the same, no ? I live in Town and Country now. Much better.

I live in one of your previous stomping grounds.

I really don't know what a "self loathing white person" is. I mean, I know what a self-loathing person in general is, but I have no idea why their being white is meaningful. I certainly haven't noticed St. Louis people being any different than those in Chicago or Baltimore.

I live in one of your previous stomping grounds.

I really don't know what a "self loathing white person" is. I mean, I know what a self-loathing person in general is, but I have no idea why their being white is meaningful. I certainly haven't noticed St. Louis people being any different than those in Chicago or Baltimore.

Tower Grove... I'd guess.

I lived on Humphrey for a couple of years. By Tower Pub. Miss living in Lafayette Square a bit. The park was super nice. Used to see a fox occasionally. Owls.

Tower Grove... I'd guess.

I lived on Humphrey for a couple of years. By Tower Pub. Miss living in Lafayette Square a bit. The park was super nice. Used to see a fox occasionally. Owls.

Yeah, that's a nice, convenient area to live. I have a couple colleagues that have bought houses there. Even for a pretty economically diverse and integrated south city, it's pretty crazy how it has expensive old French-style homes populated by yuppies right next to the blocks of subsidized housing populated by poor folks. It's crazier when compared to the economic and racial segregation of North City and the County.

Yeah, that's a nice, convenient area to live. I have a couple colleagues that have bought houses there. Even for a pretty economically diverse and integrated south city, it's pretty crazy how it has expensive old French-style homes populated by yuppies right next to the blocks of subsidized housing populated by poor folks. It's crazier when compared to the economic and racial segregation of North City and the County.

Ever eat at The Vine on S. Grand ??

It's hard to say because the terms are sometimes interchanged by people.

As with most people they are a mixture depending on the issue. Most people are center left or center right and weave back and forth across the line.

We do see a growing number on the left that push all the way to the far left to become regressive left.

So you end up with alt right and alt left. The alt or regressive left being much larger then the alt right.

As with most people they are a mixture depending on the issue. Most people are center left or center right and weave back and forth across the line.

We do see a growing number on the left that push all the way to the far left to become regressive left.

So you end up with alt right and alt left. The alt or regressive left being much larger then the alt right.
Much larger? By what measure? Any data I have seen shows rather starkly the continuing rise of far-right activists while the far left appears to be no more than a pimple on the political ass of the nation. I'm mainly basing this off the statistics showing that far right terror plots greatly outnumber those of far left groups and that the gap continues to widen.

Much larger? By what measure? Any data I have seen shows rather starkly the continuing rise of far-right activists while the far left appears to be no more than a pimple on the political ass of the nation. I'm mainly basing this off the statistics showing that far right terror plots greatly outnumber those of far left groups and that the gap continues to widen.

So like I said it depends on what you call far right and far left.

Why would you base it off terror plots and how do you classife far right and far left.

Got to get to work, be back latter.

Most people are partisans who don't know enough about issues to even place positions correctly in terms of ideology. If you poll people on issues, though, they tend to inconsistently favor extreme right and extreme left positions rather than to be in the center. It's an issue with polling (pollsters identify "moderates" as people aren't consistently L or R rather than people who hold a collection of moderate views).

So like I said it depends on what you call far right and far left.

Why would you base it off terror plots and how do you classife far right and far left.

Got to get to work, be back latter.
You didn't answer the question. By what measure do you, specifically, judge "the alt or regressive left being much larger then the alt right" to be a true statement? I told you one of the reasons I make the opposite judgement. I have more, but let's hear your justification for that assertion before we move on.

Leftist is a fun buzzword for cuntservitards to throw around once cuck got used up. It's a nice indicator. If someone is using the term leftist, in any context, they're most likely a dumbfuck.

I'm surprised someone actually identified as a Leftist unironically itt.

My impression was always that it was a term used to describe the straw people who hold together all most wily mischaracterizations of non-conservative positions.

In other words, I typically ignore it. But maybe I'm wrong.
No, I think you're right.

I thought about starting this thread myself but for the inability to include a poll upon creation. There have been several threads in the past where people bandied about the term leftist in the same sense you use devil-spawn until I asked them to define it for me. Never got any serious takers. Not once in 3 attempts.

As stated above, in the WR, it's pretty much a generalization used as a slur. It rarely has any useful meaning in context. As seen above, it's been generalized to mean all leftists are insane. You might as well call the person you're addressing a poopyhead.

You can just tell with some people that they feel as though if you don't agree with them on something, you're the enemy in a very literal way. Don't listen to the enemy. Don't treat with the enemy. Do whatever is necessary to shut down and drown out the enemy.

You didn't answer the question. By what measure do you, specifically, judge "the alt or regressive left being much larger then the alt right" to be a true statement? I told you one of the reasons I make the opposite judgement. I have more, but let's hear your justification for that assertion before we move on.

If you go by pure numbers of people voting age that view issues from a far left or very left compare them to far right or very right you see the larger number with the left.

Look at collages and things like supporting allowing boy in the girls showers and the support this gets.

That is far left. Far right is the hell with trans there should be nothing for them and they should be in jail.

Now look at the numbers each way.

Now this is my view and this will all change with who you ask.

If you ask plenty of people on the left anyone that doesn't be live a man that says they are female and allowed to use or go anywhere a females does if an alt right racist.

If you go by pure numbers of people voting age that view issues from a far left or very left compare them to far right or very right you see the larger number with the left.

Look at collages and things like supporting allowing boy in the girls showers and the support this gets.

That is far left. Far right is the hell with trans there should be nothing for them and they should be in jail.

Now look at the numbers each way.

Now this is my view and this will all change with who you ask.

If you ask plenty of people on the left anyone that doesn't be live a man that says they are female and allowed to use or go anywhere a females does if an alt right racist.
Gee, 'collage' students are touchy about their inchoate identities? Who'd have thought? Why that's the foundation of liberalism.

This is why it so goddam difficult to discuss anything with right wingers bc practically all your arguments are emotional, sadistic, inaccurate drivel.

Gee, 'collage' students are touchy about their inchoate identities? Who'd have thought? Why that's the foundation of liberalism.

This is why it so goddam difficult to discuss anything with right wingers bc practically all your arguments are emotional, sadistic, inaccurate drivel.

Discuss hell, you don't want to discuss anything.

These students vote and count as numbers in the far left.

The angle of conflict theory they're applying is not in economic terms fundamentally. That's what you're not appreciating. The angle they're exploiting is on racial and gender terms, which is applied on campuses and extrapolated to society abroad. Instead of the working class uniting against the capitalist class, now its women, trans, gay, and POC uniting against whitey.

Except for some brainwashed dinosaurs like you (no disrespect intended), no one tries to make arguments for Marxism on economic grounds any more.

Pretty shocking how common this belief is on the right.

In 2016, Bernie Sanders became the most progressive (or leftist) major presidential candidate in the US in probably 100 years. He was especially adored on college campuses, by a lot of liberals and undoubtedly by just about ALL radical/activist types.

What was the major attack on him by both the right and even the Clinton side? That he was too one-sided in his approach. That he only spoke about inequality. That all he had was railing against "Wall Street billionaihz" whenever any issue was brought up. That his solution to everything was to tax the super rich.

So the most leftist candidate (with near unanimous support from the most leftist sectors) in any of our lifetimes was almost fanatical in his class issues but somehow, the left "doesn't care about class issues anymore."

I think what they mean is "I don't like that left brings up gender, race, gay or any sort of cultural issues AT ALL. They should stick to class and that's it... that way we can dismiss them as economic illiterates that are going to destroy society with their proposals."

Back