Demetrious Johnson: "I Will Retire in ONE Championship"

Quality of competition. Who is there left in the UFC that he hasn’t already beaten?

So he’s boring to you because he’s too damn good? What?

Watching 5 rounds of do nothing but win is boring. Like Anderson Silva vs Maia. It's not fun.

Well there goes any chance of truly becoming the goat. He was already proclaiming to be goat but you can forget that now.
He Is definitely the greatest all time at 125 lb. Although you can argue that he's not because he never had to face anybody in Shooto like Shinichi Kojima & Mamoru Yamaguchi and that's where the best years of that division was before it was introduced into the UFC. But as far as the UFC goes definitely. But anybody ever wanted to argue he's the greatest of all time regardless of weight division you're being foolish.

image.jpg

Watching 5 rounds of do nothing but win is boring. Like Anderson Silva vs Maia. It's not fun.
that doesnt make sense. mighty mouse Im not a fan tbh but he doesn'd "do nothing" he has finished lots of little guys

I'd like to see Rizin or One get Mighty mouse vs horiguchi 2 together.
that doesnt make sense. mighty mouse Im not a fan tbh but he doesn'd "do nothing" he has finished lots of little guys
this... he used to be a really ehh fighter at bantamweight. But I don't think a lot of people have really watched him since he got the flyweight belt. He's consistently added to his skillset

So did Anderson Silva but he was boring in a lot of of his fights too

So did Anderson Silva but he was boring in a lot of of his fights too
its all subjective in the end my dude. I admire the fighting of Anderson enough that I am entertained even in outings some may thing are boring. I enjoy the feints and creativity more than most, but I understand the contrary belief. Anderson however had mostly spectacular finishes?

Johnson's one true crime in the eyes of MMA fans is that he's little. Every other criticism of the man pales in comparison to this one unforgivable offense.

He is literally Hitler.

ONE has PPV? I was watching Eddie on Ariel saying that he got a great deal with them, and that ONE pulls 25million views or something like that there, so im not sure if they even have a PPV model, but with those ratings, money has to be made, also he mentioned signing a 8-figure contract with them, but didnt stated the time or fights contracted.

I dont think so.
PPV is mostly an American thing.
In Europe its more subscription based, my guess its the same in Asia.

I'm 100% not interested in watching MM fight One Fc scrubs in MMA. To go from fighting Cejudo to these bums is a joke.

However, I'd pay to see him fight Rodtang in Shootboxing rules

I think Mighty Mouse is fighting at Straweight (125lbs) instead of Flyweight (135lbs).

I think Mighty Mouse is fighting at Straweight (125lbs) instead of Flyweight (135lbs).
He said on Ariel Helwani's show he will be fighting at flyweight (135lbs).

He also said he would be interested in moving up to bantamweight but only after Bibiano Fernandes retires.

I'm 100% not interested in watching MM fight One Fc scrubs in MMA. To go from fighting Cejudo to these bums is a joke.

However, I'd pay to see him fight Rodtang in Shootboxing rules

What about Srisaket? Under KB/MT rules?

One thing to consider is that the UFC is likely closing down its flyweight division, so some of its top fighters could end up in ONE in the not so distant future. Hoping they pick up some guys like Figueiredo, Nguyen, Ortiz, Formiga, and Brooks.

Regardless of what he's accomplished he won't be truly remembered unless stats are brought up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back