Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Just hit Rank 43 with New Monarchy...I'm trying to keep it fresh by doing the grind at different locations every 30 minutes or so. A couple on Titan, a few on Earth, then to Mars, etc. Took my Titan until Rank 30 until I got the class item to drop and now it's going a bit faster. I spent a bunch of time on Earth because you need to collect ~50 Dusklight for one of the ornaments. I'm even throwing in a Mercury Heroic Adventure every so often to keep from getting bored to all hell.

These Season 3 Faction Rallies are pretty boring. "Renown" is a pretty cool mechanic but it sucks that we're stuck with the "Attrition" modifier for the entire season. It would be cool if they changed the modifiers every faction rally to try and bring some kind of freshness to the game. That Sweet Business catalyst looks pretty cool...it reduces the flinch when you're shooting to almost zero. It should be a lot of fun to use so I'm looking forward to that, but I'm not looking forward to getting 1 billion kills with Sweet Business before the weapon is fully upgraded. That Sunshot catalyst broke me mentally...just too many kills required.
For the Hunters class item ornament from FWC you had to do a lost sector on nessus and it was one I've never done before. I could've sworn I've done everyone but somehow missed the Ancient's Haunt one. I was getting a bit upset over having to use a striker titan to get fist of havoc kills on vex and seeing how a hunter needed golden gun kills on vex my warlock can piss off no way am I going to try to get that much nova bomb kills on vex. I got to over rank 50 with FWC that's enough until the daily pvp part of the faction rally then I'll get my weekly call to arms done along with it.

Just saw this on Reddit and thought it was kind of cool. Apparently somebody in the lore community was told there's still a secret message which hadn't been found, so some people got together and started digging. They found a cool message in the Lore Tab for Telesto...basically the first letter of each word spells out the message :

Crow Untrustworthy Desires Power

Pretty cool little Easter Egg and of course the people on Reddit did more digging and it works in the a ton of different languages.

Edit: For those not aware Prince Uldren was originally going to be in command of a group called "The Crows" during D1. This was all before the lead writer left and the story was ripped apart and completely rewritten.
I thought his drones was still call the crows. In he OG game before the rewrite there was going to be a NPC named Crow that after the rewrite they turned into Prince Uldren.

I felt that way with dead orbit luckly with FWC my hunter had a full set of armour so that made it go by alot easier.
Do you get more marks if you have full faction gear?

Yes double. So pick warlock (healing rift) and gear him up completely. U don’t even need to upgrade the mods if u don’t want to. It’s your faction grinding gear.

Yes double. So pick warlock (healing rift) and gear him up completely. U don’t even need to upgrade the mods if u don’t want to. It’s your faction grinding gear.

You don't get more Faction Tokens for having a full set of gear, but you do earn 1 bar of renown more for each activity. So normally a patrol gives you 1 renown, but with a full set you get 2. A public event normally gives you 3, but with a full set you get 4.

You used the word "marks" so I wasn't sure if you were asking about "renown" or "faction tokens." Just wanted to clear it up.

I hate using my warlock but between the warlock and hunter I'll go with the warlock but my hunter had all the FWC gear. I was using my hunter until I got enough marks saved up to get my titan a full set of FWC gear. It was a pain going anywhere else but the EDZ the damn hobgoblins with their line rifles could 2 shot me the same with vandals with their wire rifles hunters having dodge isn't the same as a rift or barricade.

So I finally reached Rank 50 with New Monarchy last night and got the Catalyst for Sweet Business. I've been using Sweet Business on my Titan with Actium War Rig for so long that I forgot without the War Rig the weapon really kind of sucks. haha For the catalyst you need 250 multi-kills (4 enemies or more) and I was running it on my Hunter to finish up the ornaments. I finally remembered how poorly the weapon performs all around without the War Rig and it's pretty much a bummer.

Note: For those who don't have time to grind the Faction Rallies for the catalysts, Bungie has said that later on they will be available via a different avenue. They didn't give specifics, but it's not like after Season 3 the catalysts will be locked away forever.

Good because I can't see myself grinding for that sweet business catalyst I hate that gun and its stupid fucking delay fire bs

I'm completely skipping this faction rally because I just don't GAF enough to grind, but I am enjoying the Spire Raid; Haven't finished it yet but getting the mechanics down.

Needed to run one more EoW raid for my Warlock. Found a slot on the app, joined and they went into Leviathan. I am like WTF. So I am asking why we running this and the kid was mumbling some shit so I I am like well I am looking for EoW i'll help with the first chest and bail out. but as I am playing I am like I think these guys need help. so I tell 'em i'll stick around for a bit.

we get to the Gauntlet and we lose a guy immediately. so we're waiting for a 6th and i found out one guy doesn't know what he's doing and the team leader is giving weird instructions for gauntlet. we get a 6th and we run it the way he runs it twice and it's a mess. so I take the lead and tell everyone what to do and we run it. and we run it again.. and again.. and again.. people are dying (running, getting killed, forgetting to get the psion, etc..) but we're not terrible just silly mistakes. we almost finish twice (4 people fall and die myself included lol another time too many people died before we all run and only 3 people make it) so it spurs us to keep on going even though I wanted to quit after dying so many times. This girl and I (who were paired up on one side) kept on saying "ok guys this is the last one.." and then die and "say ok ok last last one". and die. We finally do this run and use all but one of our death tokens when we get to the final run and we book it.. 2 people die and I am like SHHHHIITTT.. get there... all four of us make it and we finish it. FUCKIN' RELIEF... I was mildly embarrassed that it took that long and so happy we got it done.

One guy leaves and 5 of us a running underneath the belly looking for chests. I vaguely know where to go so I lead. one guy had 5 keys for some reason so we hunt for all his keys. a random joins us (friend of one of the players) and we get to dogs and figured why not... let's do dogs and see how long it takes. 2 people haven't done it. thankfully the girl knows how to lead on the ground so i handle the right almond and give the left almond to a noob (stand on 3rd light and shoot lol) and we do it on the 2nd try. sweet.. look for more chests... we get to bathers and again we decide to run it... the two noobs didn't know what to do so i teach them and it takes us about 4 attempts.

it took us 3 hours to run that shit to that point. that was grueling. i tell everyone i am done cause i am tired and i can't do callus right now. so we all disband. the girl shoots me a message and tells me I am an MVP for sticking around (even though i got nothing out of it besides random engram drops) and we chat for a bit. she just started playing again and wanted to know if id be interested in joining her old clan (she was about to rejoin it). i told her i was a founder of my clan and i know those people (even though they're all on gaming breaks or playing other games) and she decides to join my clan instead.

anyway... that was fun. didn't get my EoW shit but i picked up a solid player (and a girl to boot). It's days like these when i truly enjoy D2 (surprisingly)..

Needed to run one more EoW raid for my Warlock. Found a slot on the app, joined and they went into Leviathan. I am like WTF. So I am asking why we running this and the kid was mumbling some shit so I I am like well I am looking for EoW i'll help with the first chest and bail out. but as I am playing I am like I think these guys need help. so I tell 'em i'll stick around for a bit.

we get to the Gauntlet and we lose a guy immediately. so we're waiting for a 6th and i found out one guy doesn't know what he's doing and the team leader is giving weird instructions for gauntlet. we get a 6th and we run it the way he runs it twice and it's a mess. so I take the lead and tell everyone what to do and we run it. and we run it again.. and again.. and again.. people are dying (running, getting killed, forgetting to get the psion, etc..) but we're not terrible just silly mistakes. we almost finish twice (4 people fall and die myself included lol another time too many people died before we all run and only 3 people make it) so it spurs us to keep on going even though I wanted to quit after dying so many times. This girl and I (who were paired up on one side) kept on saying "ok guys this is the last one.." and then die and "say ok ok last last one". and die. We finally do this run and use all but one of our death tokens when we get to the final run and we book it.. 2 people die and I am like SHHHHIITTT.. get there... all four of us make it and we finish it. FUCKIN' RELIEF... I was mildly embarrassed that it took that long and so happy we got it done.

One guy leaves and 5 of us a running underneath the belly looking for chests. I vaguely know where to go so I lead. one guy had 5 keys for some reason so we hunt for all his keys. a random joins us (friend of one of the players) and we get to dogs and figured why not... let's do dogs and see how long it takes. 2 people haven't done it. thankfully the girl knows how to lead on the ground so i handle the right almond and give the left almond to a noob (stand on 3rd light and shoot lol) and we do it on the 2nd try. sweet.. look for more chests... we get to bathers and again we decide to run it... the two noobs didn't know what to do so i teach them and it takes us about 4 attempts.

it took us 3 hours to run that shit to that point. that was grueling. i tell everyone i am done cause i am tired and i can't do callus right now. so we all disband. the girl shoots me a message and tells me I am an MVP for sticking around (even though i got nothing out of it besides random engram drops) and we chat for a bit. she just started playing again and wanted to know if id be interested in joining her old clan (she was about to rejoin it). i told her i was a founder of my clan and i know those people (even though they're all on gaming breaks or playing other games) and she decides to join my clan instead.

anyway... that was fun. didn't get my EoW shit but i picked up a solid player (and a girl to boot). It's days like these when i truly enjoy D2 (surprisingly)..
best way to run normal gauntlet is to have teams. dog and axe work together and have one pick lower/higher. you literally just stand on your plate and help that one person. then just jump down and punch you psion, thats it haha. fuck all that rotation shit, that is pointless unless you're doing the challenge or prestige. especially with new people, that just confuses them much more.

best way to run normal gauntlet is to have teams. dog and axe work together and have one pick lower/higher. you literally just stand on your plate and help that one person. then just jump down and punch you psion, thats it haha. fuck all that rotation shit, that is pointless unless you're doing the challenge or prestige.

yup that's how i run it. but the team was noobish. i think 4 of them never beat callus. only the girl knew what she was doing.

used to run that rotation the first 10 times when it first dropped. then we found this new way and it's so much easier... but we had that running rotation down pat with my clan.

how fucking retarded can the stupid fucks in this game be who fucking goes around when the flash point is some place and intentionally fucks up a public event so it won't turn heroic

So FWC won the faction rally... not really a surprise to be honest.
how fucking retarded can the stupid fucks in this game be who fucking goes around when the flash point is some place and intentionally fucks up a public event so it won't turn heroic

I think this is a "left over" mentality from the Faction Rally. A heroic event (with full armor) gave 4 renown, while a normal PE gave 3. So either way to get to 5 renown the fastest way was a non-heroic PE along with a patrol. Titan is where most people spent their time grinding out Faction Rally as well, so probably just used to that psychotic repetition.

best way to run normal gauntlet is to have teams. dog and axe work together and have one pick lower/higher. you literally just stand on your plate and help that one person. then just jump down and punch you psion, thats it haha. fuck all that rotation shit, that is pointless unless you're doing the challenge or prestige. especially with new people, that just confuses them much more.
that's how we do it too. Whoever is on a running station shoots the high half of the puzzle, whoever is on a non-running station shoots low half of the puzzle.
After the two guys on the running stations clear adds, they help the single guardians on the non-running stations clear adds/kill gladiator.

I personally always shoot my tether over to whoever is on my left as soon as adds spawn. My the time we clear our adds and run the gauntlet, it's full again anyways.

It seems like during this last faction rally, public events weren't really showing up well on the maps. I'd go to an area without an event timer showing or anything like that, and I get there and there's one going on or about to start. It's bizarre.

I also think those "capture the enemy supplies" events should show up on the map. I enjoy those a lot.

So FWC won the faction rally... not really a surprise to be honest.

I think this is a "left over" mentality from the Faction Rally. A heroic event (with full armor) gave 4 renown, while a normal PE gave 3. So either way to get to 5 renown the fastest way was a non-heroic PE along with a patrol. Titan is where most people spent their time grinding out Faction Rally as well, so probably just used to that psychotic repetition.
that's a bs reason everyone there was at lvl 30 there's no reason to kill the walker that fast they made players miss out on the heroic event and the giant shank. this wasn't the first time I've saw players do this on titan either they do it alot on mercury too so they are either lazy fucks or idiots.

Every game having 7 Hunters running that stupid helmet is ResidentSleeper, fucking hell. Here's what goes through the head of someone using that helmet.
- push someone
- lose gun fight
- dodge to get health back
- get shot once
- run away until dodge is charged or you get power ammo for your Tractor Cannon because you can't aim
- try again
Follow those simple steps and you too can be awful at Destiny 2 pvp.

250 multikills of 4 or more enemies for the Sweet Business catalyst? Fucking hell.

Every game having 7 Hunters running that stupid helmet is ResidentSleeper, fucking hell. Here's what goes through the head of someone using that helmet.
- push someone
- lose gun fight
- dodge to get health back
- get shot once
- run away until dodge is charged or you get power ammo for your Tractor Cannon because you can't aim
- try again
Follow those simple steps and you too can be awful at Destiny 2 pvp.

If you're aggressive that helmet doesn't do shit...the health doesn't come back until the dodge has ended, and then it's only a small bit of health. If you keep on purusing and shooting them they won't regenerate health and they are super fragile during the entire dodge animation and totally helpless. I'm very poor at PvP and 90% of the time I try to use the dodge / helmet I end up dying before my dodge animation is over. Granted I'm probably not using it properly or very effectively, but it does give me insight into how those mechanics work and it's really not a huge benefit.

Back