Dillashaw: "the UFC never granted a zero title defense champion an immediate rematch.."

They also didn't grant a 9 title defense champ an immediate rematch, so check your privilege tj.

You didnt watch the fight. He embarrased TJ in the first round.. he dominated the first round. Yes, the first round wasn't even close. He got caught in the second, it happens. Happened to Aldo, GSP, DC, Cain, etc.. and yet they all are still considered legends. Being finished in a fighting sport, is a reality of it for 99% of the fighters calling it career. The others you mention are not getting title shots just yet because they aren't the draw that Cody is, plus Rivera ducks fights the UFC offers, Moraes is building his name and Assuncao hasnt really looked that great recently, etc.. If Cruz was healthy, he would be getting a push too, but he's not healthy just yet. Nobody talks about Conor getting a rematch vs Nate, begging for it and in doing so promising Nate an immediate rematch for a third fight if Conor won the second.
LOL, the things you casual fans say are hilarious.

Also technically that was Couture vs. Belfort III, sorry if already mentioned.

With Moraes and Rivera tearing shit up, there's no reason Cody can't take one of those fights. If he did that and won, I'd be cool with him getting TJ in a rematch. If he's so confident in his game, why not rally for another tough fight instead of whining like a bitch?

Lol, yeah pretty much. Very few delusional people actually thought Machida won that fight. Even Marcos Rosales (one of the judges) admitted he fucked up on that one. You're just a fanboy.

It's okay, Shogun knocked about 10 years off of his life in the rematch.

I'm gonna kick back and laugh my ass off at all you Cody bandwagon fans when TJ smokes him again.

There have been several instances where champions received immediate rematches. The fact of the matter is, Dillashaw got rocked and saved by the bell in his fight against Garbrandt, has a loss against Cruz, and a legitimate and fresh contender in Rivera. The fact that he's trying to argue a case for deserving a fight against DJ (and for the Flyweight title no less) is certainly a great business move, however, it's far from respectable and could be argued as cowardly given that he has two contenders waiting and a third on the way (Garbrandt) if he can get a couple of wins this year.

Wish the UFC did more to build their champions instead of just thrusting them right back into the fire. The UFC picks and chooses who to protect (or build if you will). Bisping being the most recent example. The ufc has done an awesome job of ruining young champions by giving them too many difficult match ups in too short of time.

I didn’t mind it when Anderson Silva was playing around at lhw because he quickly got back to business post fight and defended his belt. I don’t see it as cowardly of TJ to be gunning for a fight that would net him a lot of money and another belt but the ufc would ruin it. They would close down the other divisions and muddy the waters with interim belts instead of quickly sticking to two guys on a ppv and getting it done in a short matter of time. The ufc would try to maximize profits because neither of those fighters really move the needle.

So it’s best for us (fight fans) that TJ handles his business in his current class. Those fights can be made quicker.

MM vs. TJ should happen..

Cody Vs.

Assuncao
Rivera
Morales
or

Lineker

all this crying he's doing and he could have booked any of those fights already

Cody Vs. Assuncao for the next title shot.

Lyoto in my eyes and majority of the fans lost the belt to Shogun at UFC 104 then Rua defended it at 113
nah. machida won fair and square. the first three rounds were a toss up. shogun narrowly won round 4 and round 5 was extremely close to a 10-10. i think mma junkie had that round for lyoto. I know im in the minority though lol. I don't think this title defense was any worse than benson henderson when he got the nod over edgar. or GSP over hendricks. A lot of times close rounds go to the champ as well.

This guy is REALLY afraid of fighting Cody again

Doing everything in the book to duck him

Why don’t they try to make it TJ versus Cruz? Cruz is supposed to be back soon and he has a win over TJ.

Cruz will get injured while taking a shit and be out for another year, and in doing so will hold the champ back for another 6+ months while they try and get another fight lined up.

Wish the UFC did more to build their champions instead of just thrusting them right back into the fire. The UFC picks and chooses who to protect (or build if you will). Bisping being the most recent example. The ufc has done an awesome job of ruining young champions by giving them too many difficult match ups in too short of time.

I didn’t mind it when Anderson Silva was playing around at lhw because he quickly got back to business post fight and defended his belt. I don’t see it as cowardly of TJ to be gunning for a fight that would net him a lot of money and another belt but the ufc would ruin it. They would close down the other divisions and muddy the waters with interim belts instead of quickly sticking to two guys on a ppv and getting it done in a short matter of time. The ufc would try to maximize profits because neither of those fighters really move the needle.

So it’s best for us (fight fans) that TJ handles his business in his current class. Those fights can be made quicker.
In most recent memory, Conor McGregor and Francis Ngannou come to mind when it comes to the UFC protecting certain fighters via booking.

If they're going to do a fight between DJ and Dillashaw, then it needs to be at Bantamweight, not Flyweight. But the thing is, Dillashaw wants the ready-made excuse of the weight cut in case he loses and he doesn't want to put his belt on the line. If anyone is deserving of a title shot in another division, it's DJ. I would throw the UFC my money for a rematch between Cruz and DJ, which is possible if DJ wins the Bantamweight title against Dillashaw. Cruz and DJ is the true "Super-Duper-Money Fight".

Silva occasionally fighting at Light Heavyweight also gave the Middleweight division time to build up contenders, which I can't see anything wrong with.

Only a TJ hater or Cody lover (if there is such a thing).. believes there should be an immediate rematch.

After TJ whooped the man Barao twice and defend one other time.. he lost a very debatable SD vs Cruz and never got a rematch.. Barao was like the fucking bogeyman at the time also

Why would Cruz get a title shot? He fights about as often as Cain and got absolutely demolished against Cody.

Cody was just KO'd and TJ is not giving him that re-match. Who else is there to fight in the division? TJ has a loss to Cruz.

Cruz will get injured while taking a shit and be out for another year, and in doing so will hold the champ back for another 6+ months while they try and get another fight lined up.

He fought 3 times in 2016 and then took time off after losing the belt.. He broke his arm in this last camp, that's good for him since it is not his knees again. I think he fights again in May or June..

Back