Law Discrimination Against White People Mega Thread

it’s childish and intellectually dishonest to not be able to at least acknowledge discrimination against whites is common in the U.S. It’s not even really debatable, if we’re being honest.

hiya there gspieler,

i'm in the mood for honesty, and its not really the black and brown folks who are reaping the financial benefit of anti-white racism...its Asians. Asian Americans, to be precise;

check out this excellent chart, it lays bare the racism in stark terms;

FT_16.06.30_wageGaps_trend.png

how can we fix this? not just for the black folks and hispanic folks, but for the white folks also?

this imbalance has to be addressed somehow.

- IGIT

I didn't say that, do not strawman my argument.

White people who are underprivileged have less resources to get out. They have to perform better to reach the same results as their black counterparts, all based on their skin colour. That is racism.

Now are more white people in America not in that position so in general more well off? Yes, but that doesn't mean the policies aren't definitively racist.

"I'll take the bastardisation of affirmative action for 100, Alex"

Ponder on that.

Delta Airline and Wells Fargo pledge to increase their percentage of black employees.In order to reach their new percentage quota they are focusing on hiring more blacks, they by definition will also have to hire less whites, or non blacks I guess. Factoring in face into the hiring process is illegal under federal law. However, they will still do it an the courts will not do anything to challenge it.
https://www.investmentnews.com/wells-fargo-among-the-companies-setting-racial-hiring-quotas-196662
Biden is gonna have to sign a mandate that allows white people to identify as black people soon.

hiya there gspieler,

i'm in the mood for honesty, and its not really the black and brown folks who are reaping the financial benefit of anti-white racism...its Asians. Asian Americans, to be precise;

how can we fix this? not just for the black folks and hispanic folks, but for the white folks also?

- IGIT

Asians have a harder working culture. Maybe if we knee capped them all?

What do you think?

I didn't say that, do not strawman my argument.

?

i'm trying to sympathize with the struggle, Scheme. its not a strawman.

White people who are underprivileged have less resources to get out. They have to perform better to reach the same results as their black counterparts, all based on their skin colour. That is racism.

two things;

1) i don't know what it means to have "less resources to get out". are white poor people epoxied to their sofas? do they lack transportation?

2)
Black-Unemployment_webfig-3.png

*pauses and considers*

i think you're making some solid points, Scheme.

- IGIT

Asians have a harder working culture. Maybe if we knee capped them all?

What do you think?

Mcountry,

i just want the same thing you want. fairness.

the Asian Americans seem to be benefiting too much from racism.

the TS has a point, is all i'm saying.

- IGIT

hiya there gspieler,

- IGIT

have you asked yourself why Asians on average earn more?
serious question.

hiya Deorum,

lol, aye.

*ponders*

i'm middle aged - on the back nine of life. sometimes i look around me and feel, "this isn't the America i remember anymore".

then i remember that i'm asian looking, so i tell myself to shut the fuck up.

this is a great thread and i'm enjoying it very much!

- IGIT

good morning updowniri!

no one is denying that white people must shoulder the burden of enduring racism, just like any other ethnicity here in America.

its something i wish someone would shine a bright light on this injustice, which is why i appreciate your efforts here on this thread.

its not just racism when seeking employment that whites must content with; its the olympics - specifically, the 100 yard dash. i know its a politically incorrect thing to ask, but why are the 100 yard gold medalists always black?

its an uncomfortable question, but i won't be muzzled any longer (nor should you). the olympics seem racist, to me, and i think its about time someone just came out and stated the obvious.

*ponders*

nevertheless, it does seem that black people suffer from more racism than white people, as far as employment goes - and this phenomenon exists across multiple demographics.

check out this chart!

seems like black Americans just can't catch a break. how can we fix this to make it more fair?

that's a very interesting story!

so you agree that Asian Americans are the ones facing racism, as far as gaining entry into our elite colleges go, right? i mean, look at this chart!

chart.png

how can we level the playing field for Asian americans?

its something both you and i care about; what are your ideas, my good friend?

- IGIT
The idea is simple, I don't care.
If white people get more jobs then black people I don't care.
If companies decide to discriminate against whites so their companies hire an equal amount of blacks and whites per capita I don't care. If blacks win all the sprinting medals in the Olympics I don't care.
If the Olympics give whites a five meter head start in all the races to even the amount of meal winners per capita I don't care.
If all the colleges are filled up with Asians I don't care.
If colleges discriminate against Asians so they are more diverse and not just filled up with Asians I don't care.

What I do care about is the government banning discriminating against blacks in all cases even when blacks are over represented in a respective field, while allowing discrimination against whites in all cases even when whites are under represented in a respective field. I don't like that is is legal for other races to discriminate against me, but illegal for my race to discriminate against other races.

have you asked yourself why Asians on average earn more?
serious question.

hi Social Distance Warrior,

in the spirit of this thread, i'll answer.

racism?

*holds up his hand*

wait, wait, wait...i'm being serious.

i've been able to bear personal witness to positive racism that gets heaped upon Asian americans.

just about all the stereotypes are pretty glowing, and i can personally attest that its a very helpful thing.

the only negative ones are "sneakyness" - which can largely be attributed to Pearl Harbor (this is more of a baby boomer thing), and being poorly endowed, peniswise.

- IGIT

Mcountry,

i just want the same thing you want. fairness.

the Asian Americans seem to be benefiting too much from racism.

the TS has a point, is all i'm saying.

- IGIT

I don't know what angle you are coming at or if you are being serious. Because what you are suggesting is the most unrealistic nonsense you've posted in a while and that's saying something.

?

i'm trying to sympathize with the struggle, Scheme. its not a strawman.

two things;

1) i don't know what it means to have "less resources to get out". are white poor people epoxied to their sofas? do they lack transportation?

2)

*pauses and considers*

i think you're making some solid points, Scheme.

- IGIT
You are looking at an outcome that has many variables going into it. Perhaps the reason is the area they grew up in has less job opportunities, worse educational faculties, etc. Perhaps the reason is that they don't perform as well academically as whites or Asians, yet still get into college with lower aptitude (which translates to worse outcomes overall). Perhaps it is because black people are much more likely to have criminal records, which is a huge job deterrent. Perhaps it is because white people are generally wealthier, own businesses and have more business connections, being able to get jobs for their children more easily (who will almost always share the same race as them). Perhaps it is because black people are generally in urban areas where having a degree is much more important to obtaining a job versus someone in the middle of farm land, which would help to explain the lower educational discrepancies.

There are so many variables in play that just attributing it to one thing is foolish.

I notice that college degree gap is within <1% difference, which is very good and kind of proves that all it really takes to equalize is a college education, which greatly favours minorities.

hi Social Distance Warrior,

in the spirit of this thread, i'll answer.

racism?

*holds up his hand*

wait, wait, wait...i'm being serious.

i've been able to bear personal witness to positive racism that gets heaped upon Asian americans.

just about all the stereotypes are pretty glowing, and i can personally attest that its a very helpful thing.

the only negative ones are "sneakyness" - which can largely be attributed to Pearl Harbor (this is more of a baby boomer thing), and being poorly endowed, peniswise.

- IGIT
"Positive" racism is still racism. What's worse is it's considered publicly ok to vocalize said shit.

You are looking at an outcome that has many variables going into it. Perhaps the reason is the area they grew up in has less job opportunities, worse educational faculties, etc. Perhaps the reason is that they don't perform as well academically as whites or Asians, yet still get into college with lower aptitude (which translates to worse outcomes overall). Perhaps it is because black people are much more likely to have criminal records, which is a huge job deterrent. Perhaps it is because white people are generally wealthier, own businesses and have more business connections, being able to get jobs for their children more easily (who will almost always share the same race as them).

There are so many variables in play that just attributing it to one thing is foolish.

I notice that college degree gap is within <1% difference, which is very good and kind of proves that all it really takes to equalize is a college education, which greatly favours minorities.

hi there Scheme,

i'm not white and i'm not black and i'm not brown - so i really have no dog in this fight. i just find it a fascinating discussion.

MW-GJ059_gapPNG_20180511102002_NS.png

*muses*

maybe its just me, but it seems like a bummer to be black in America, even if ya got an college education.

- IGIT

hi there Scheme,

i'm not white and i'm not black and i'm not brown - so i really have no dog in this fight. i just find it a fascinating discussion.

MW-GJ059_gapPNG_20180511102002_NS.png

*muses*

maybe its just me, but it seems like a bummer to be black in America, even if ya got an college education.

- IGIT
This data would be more useful if they broke it down based on what the person studied, how well they achieved, etc. Hispanics and blacks that get into college with lower test scores are going to in general perform worse, which in turn will lead to worse job opportunities/incomes. Also if they are going into fields that pay less, then that would also account for that as well. Also worth noting that it's way more lucrative to be Asian than even white, probably because again, Asians will have to work harder and have higher test scores just to get in, which means they will generally perform better and as a result have a higher income.

It's curious that the income gaps correlate almost exactly to the average required test score on entry for each race.

Just because you test high in anything doesn't mean you have a clue. And just because you test low, doesn't mean you aren't the smartest person in the room.

I don't know what angle you are coming at or if you are being serious. Because what you are suggesting is the most unrealistic nonsense you've posted in a while and that's saying something.

hi Mcountry,

huh?

i'm agreeing with the TS (i think?). we need to have less of the racisms here in America - both the good and the bad kind, so things are more fair.

its early in the Biden administration, and most of the relevant news has to do with McConnell, Schumer, Pelosi and Biden hashing out their relief package. not much else is going on that interests me, you know?

so i'm enjoying this excellent thread.

- IGIT

Back