Do You Abandon Your Children If You Discover They're Not Yours?

What do you do when you discover that you are not the father?

• Total voters
I'd never have let it get that far, meaning if they didn't look like me I'd have ran a DNA test right away. If it came back negative, it'd be all I could do to restrain myself from blasting that fucking whore in the teeth with an elbow on the way out the door.

If I was a weak cuck like the one on that show who never bothered to check things out...damn....It'd be pretty heartless to just bail on them. It's not the kids fault their mother is a worthless sack of pussy lips.

In some states they will force you to pay child support for kids that arent even your kids.

my first focus would be to explore all the legal issues in play.

if this reveal also means the kid's mother is untrustworthy and/or has mixed loyalties between me and the actual father, then i have to leave the option of removing myself completely on the table.

if it truly is my family, i'm staying, if it's not, i'm gone.

Absolutely, yes.

This is the question that I'm wrestling with. I understand that it's evolutionary, and I understand that it's human nature to make this statement, but I can't shake the feeling that it's illogical to love them less. What we're saying is that love is not just about the person, but it's deeper than that.

Shouldn't we strive to rise above evolutionary biology?

Even if he walks away, he's going to foot the child support bill.

From a purely selfish perspective my ideal scenario is keep the kids but cut the mother out of our lives entirely, then look to re-marry and have a couple more kids of my own.

However since the kids will likely have a strong connection to their mother, in reality (depending on a few other factors) I'd probably be leaving them all behind.

I wonder how many of the people answering actually have young children.

Children are better off with their dad and that ain't me in this scenario. Plus if they're old enough I can sit them down and explain heir mother is a whore piece of shit and maybe pay for them to find their real dad.

This is inspired by this video @Edison Carasio posted in the meme thread.

The question is simple, and to keep it simple, I'm ignoring the relationship with the wife-- You've raised what you believe are your children for 4 years only to discover they're not actually your own offspring. What do you do?

Before you answer, I urge you to consider the children themselves. You've raised them as your own, and they love you. Likewise, you love them. They trust you as their father and are completely innocent. There's no doubt that if you leave, they'll be destroyed, and being 4, they may possible never fully recover.

Do you abandon them, do you still raise them as your own, or do you take a middle-of-the-road approach and distance yourself, but not completely?

I'm having a difficult time answering this question to myself, so I'd like to see where the WR stands.

In b4 literal cuck.

Well the marriage is probably over so probably the 3rd choice.

Keep raising the kid but change his last name to Snow.

Well the marriage is probably over so probably the 3rd choice.

I don't think I could abandon them after 4 years for something that's not their fault, but I don't know. This may be a question that can only be truthfully answered when you're living it.

I raise him, but the marriage is effectively over.

I don't think I could abandon them after 4 years for something that's not their fault, but I don't know. This may be a question that can only be truthfully answered when you're living it.
I don't think you can abandon them either, but you won't be livin in the same house anymore. Maybe it's a little of b and c.

Some of them would abandon you even if they were yours.

That depends.

Who is their daddy and what does he do?

Do you love them less because you found out you didn't father them?

It's an interesting question. I think it's entirely time dependent and not necessarily a matter of loving them less.

If the woman is pregnant and I find out the kid(s) she's pregnant with isn't/aren't mine, then I'd definitely split regardless of whether or not the other was going to be around. It feels kind of weird to say, but at that point I don't have any more responsibility to those kids than any others kids that don't have fathers.

But once the kids is born? I couldn't really say how I'd feel emotionally because I don't have any kids. But morally, at a point (let's say, 5 years old just to pick a good amount of time) I'd see it as my responsibility to stay around because me leaving will directly impact them psychologically. And not just "someone leaving", but me in particular - the guy who raised them. Even with a replacement guy around, that kind of stuff would mess with a kid for a long time. So at that point, regardless of whether my love for them changed, I'd still do my best to act and behave as the best dad I could.

Tough question. Keeping them will definitely impact your chances of finding and settling down with someone new though.

That depends.

Who is their daddy and what does he do?

iu

get the fuck out of there
I am not going to spend the rest of my life raising the offspring of someone cucked me.
well this guy might be forced to depending on what State he lives in. In Canada and many US States once you 'assume' the role of the parent you are one just as if the kid was yours.

One of my best friends younger brothers who is a very successful dentist found out his kids were not his. His wife left him (before he could leave her) and she blamed him for being a workaholic as to why she strayed. She moved in with the father of her kids who did not work and she sued him for support securing big monthly payments from his successful dental practice. She bought a house with his money for herself and her new unemployed man and their kids with his money. 8 years later he is still paying and hardly gets to see the kids as she makes it difficult.

He has literally been forced to support not just her but the man she cheated with and the kids that are not his so none of them have to work regularly. And all because she committed a fraud against him that society won't call a fraud.

Not counting the mother and counting all the heart tugging strings you attached to the question, I'd just keep on raising them.

But the mother changes the entire dynamic.

THIS.

The kids are innocent, and they deserve a good father.

But living with a woman that betrayed you in the deepest way possible.... damn.... that's unforgivable.

well this guy might be forced to depending on what State he lives in. In Canada and many US States once you 'assume' the role of the parent you are one just as if the kid was yours.

One of my best friends younger brothers who is a very successful dentist found out his kids were not his. His wife left him (before he could leave her) and she blamed him for being a workaholic as to why she strayed. She moved in with the father of her kids who did not work and she sued him for support securing big monthly payments from his successful dental practice. She bought a house with his money for herself and her new unemployed man and their kids with his money. 8 years later he is still paying and hardly gets to see the kids as she makes it difficult.

He has literally been forced to support not just her but the man she cheated with and the kids that are not his so none of them have to work regularly. And all because she committed a fraud against him that society won't call a fraud.

Err, that's...upsetting.

Back