Do You Abandon Your Children If You Discover They're Not Yours?

What do you do when you discover that you are not the father?

• Total voters
That depends.

Who is their daddy and what does he do?

Late 90's Robert Downey Jr.

It's interesting because things are going to get pretty bad before they get a ton better for those kids.

The issue is even if you wanted to be in the kids lives how could you with that woman in the way? You would obviously break up with her because she's a cheating lying whore. You would end up having to pay child support. You would fight for custody and she would influence the kids. The courts would side with mother as as they usually do. You would get see the kids every other weekend at most. Youd never be a real father to them...youd be a bank account at most.

There's no winning in that situation at all.

Last edited:
Tough call. I think it would depend on the bond that was developed, but I'm inclined to say no. If you are the only father they have known, it's a bit fucked to pull that away from the kid, it's not their fault .I'd abandon the snaky whore that pulled shenanigans, though without a second thought.

I guess it would depend on how attached to the kid I was.
A new born, someone I didn't know, I would run.
If I had raised the kid, I may not be his father but I would be his dad. To me, there is a difference.

This happened to someone I know, a friend of my wife. He raised his "daughter" and when she was 6 or 7 years old, he got a test done- wasn't his. He confronted his wife and she admitted that she'd had a doubt. Anyway, guy got up and left and hasn't had any contact with the kid since. I am not sure I could do that, innocent child.

I probably wouldn't. 4 years with kids is a long ass time and they would see me as dad regardless.

I wouldn't end up in that situation though.

Kids would be something to give serious thought. Can't be around that lying fucking whore anymore though.

it would be honorable to say I'de stay, but in reality, the real father will probably be around a lot more, and me a lot less till I'm no longer around. So whether you cut and run or make a slow exit, it really doesnt make much difference.... of course unless you stay around.

I guess it would depend on how attached to the kid I was.
A new born, someone I didn't know, I would run.
If I had raised the kid, I may not be his father but I would be his dad. To me, there is a difference.

This happened to someone I know, a friend of my wife. He raised his "daughter" and when she was 6 or 7 years old, he got a test done- wasn't his. He confronted his wife and she admitted that she'd had a doubt. Anyway, guy got up and left and hasn't had any contact with the kid since. I am not sure I could do that, innocent child.
the thing is that you may not have a choice after the courts are done. You have 0 custody, the kid is basically a stranger at that point, and you hate the mom. Coming around isnt even an option.

Fight tooth and nail to get full custody away from the skanky, cheating mom and raise them as your own as a single dad

Well the problem is you clearly can't trust their mother anymore (if I'm getting the scenario right). The kids shouldn't pay for their mother action, however you shouldn't also stay with her for the sake of the kids.

If you do good for You

If you leave but stay somewhat in kids life, that's good as well

If you decide to leave, you shouldn't feel any guilt as your actions didn't lead to that situation

I'm gonna go abig off topic now

But what if the baby was exchange by mistake at the hospital n you mind out 10 or 20 years after

Do you still what to swap or you stick with the child you have n move on?

Hell NO! I ain't raising no offspring of a cheating hoe.

This is inspired by this video @Edison Carasio posted in the meme thread.

The question is simple, and to keep it simple, I'm ignoring the relationship with the wife-- You've raised what you believe are your children for 4 years only to discover they're not actually your own offspring. What do you do?

Before you answer, I urge you to consider the children themselves. You've raised them as your own, and they love you. Likewise, you love them. They trust you as their father and are completely innocent. There's no doubt that if you leave, they'll be destroyed, and being 4, they may possible never fully recover.

Do you abandon them, do you still raise them as your own, or do you take a middle-of-the-road approach and distance yourself, but not completely?

I'm having a difficult time answering this question to myself, so I'd like to see where the WR stands.

In b4 literal cuck.

I'm the fuck out the door.

Don't tip your hand. Gather evidence, and then move. File for divorce, sue for custody. Sue for child support. Sue biodaddy for child support. Divorce courts aren't easy, but I know men who have won in them.

Fight tooth and nail to get full custody away from the skanky, cheating mom and raise them as your own as a single dad

Cuck!

This is the closest view to my own, it's what I think the ideal action is that would leave me feeling as if I did the right thing. Also, the fact that this is the literal definition of a cuckold is not lost on me.

Probably C. Still see them from time to time, but distance yourself from them.

My father used to tell me I was left on the doorstep by trolls. I used to believe him because we looked so different, but as an adult that doesn't make sense.

That's my twin brother and I. Paternal.

Worlds_Fair_New_Orleans_Troll_and_Child.jpg

This is inspired by this video @Edison Carasio posted in the meme thread.

The question is simple, and to keep it simple, I'm ignoring the relationship with the wife-- You've raised what you believe are your children for 4 years only to discover they're not actually your own offspring. What do you do?

Before you answer, I urge you to consider the children themselves. You've raised them as your own, and they love you. Likewise, you love them. They trust you as their father and are completely innocent. There's no doubt that if you leave, they'll be destroyed, and being 4, they may possible never fully recover.

Do you abandon them, do you still raise them as your own, or do you take a middle-of-the-road approach and distance yourself, but not completely?

I'm having a difficult time answering this question to myself, so I'd like to see where the WR stands.

In b4 literal cuck.

Anybody who would walk away from kids they love and who love them is a dick. Period. Be mad at the mother. The kids clearly already have a terrible person as a mother. This is your opportunity to continue to be a role model, a Dad and to love them the same way you always have. They are the same kids. You are the same Dad. Nothing needs to change. As the father of an adopted kid I can assure that "blood" has little to nothing to being a "family."

After divorcing the mother i would raise them as my own but that again would be dependent on the mother too.

That's a tough one. If you raised them for 4 years, it's going to be hard to completely walk away. Hard. Not impossible.

I don't know what choice I'd make. Probably the middle of the road thing.

The "middle of the road thing" not in the list is to distance yourself from the mother, not the kids. If you have been a good father it will be damn near impossible to step away.

Back