Do you have an issue playing games as a female character? For example Tomb Raider?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do, and I have no clue how to explain that.

Last Tomb Raider looked good, next one looks great too. But I know I wont touch it.

Sad really. I just cant get myself into it.

I played as a female character in Jedi Academy, but only because the Twi'lek race was gender locked and Twi'leks are my fav Star Wars race.

I don't ever make myself a female character. For some reason though infighting games I tend to pick the women over the men. I think because their styles tend to involve more speed which is what I enjoy.

As far as single player games I don't care. I just want a good story, gameplay, etc. HZD was one of the best games I've played in a long time and I had no issue with a female lead.

I have 2 characters on GTA Online a male and female. My male is my main but my female char had a lot of work put into her. Rank 300+ and i own almost all the properties for her.

Gives more variety and funny when you take her to a hooker.

Waiting for all the femshep nerds to arrive.

@Lethal @Zer

Not at all. I like to mix it up depending on the game. My ME character was a femshep.

Should have played more Metroid back in the day

That's weird. Have you played "The Last of Us"? You play the girl at one point. I thought it was pretty cool.

I'm usually about 50/50 when I get to create a character. In Skyrim my first sneak character was female, and I ended up logging more hours with her than anyone else because she was just more fun to play as compared to my first few characters that were tanks, mage knights etc.

In fighting games and LoL I tend to play as female characters, but that's mainly just because I happen to like their playstyles better. I usually don't gravitate towards tanks in those games, so that's probably why.

I avoid them if I can. Its just generally when there are options like fighting games or RPG's they lend themselves to play styles I don't care for. It's the same reason I avoid the brutish lumbering characters. I prefer playing with well rounded characters.

If there aren't options I don't care. One of the best games I played in the last year was Nier: Automata where the main character was female.

I'm indifferent to playing as a guy or girl but I'm the guy who just uses the default character layout when I play video games. I don't put cosmetics on. Armor and useful stuff is cool but I don't need to dress up my avatar.

I can only play as female characters if they are in the frontlines of wars, British and have a prosthetic arm.

No, I’m not a weirdo.

I dont give a fuck about my character, I just use the default , grab a gun and start shooting shit

If you cant play an awesome game like Tomb Raider simply because the character is a girl then you prolly might got some issues, its just a game bro

I never make a female character in a game with a create a character, but I have no issues playing one. Why would anyone?

Nope.

That's odd, I wonder what the issue is.

I couldn't really care less as it generally has very little to no impact on the game. In Destiny I have 2 males and 1 female. In Dishonored I loved playing as Corvo, but I also loved playing as Emily and Billy Lurk.

I use to make female characters for online games so I could get free shit

Voice chat becoming the norm really ruined that for me

I have always chose to be male in games, but when the character is exclusively female, I don't really care. The Tomb Raider games were fun games, and not because of Lara being a female. What makes her character interesting is not her sex.

Since it's just a video game, I don't care. I don't see why you would, especially in a first person game.

Some female characters make the story... like playing as Emily in Dishonored 2.

Back