Do you have an issue playing games as a female character? For example Tomb Raider?

I do, and I have no clue how to explain that.

Last Tomb Raider looked good, next one looks great too. But I know I wont touch it.

Sad really. I just cant get myself into it.

I don’t assume gender in my game characters

no.... why the fuck would I have an issue with playing a game as a female? its just a game

Only game i ever made a female character over a male one was in SWTOR at release. Once i made a name for myself on the server eventually i accepted a Guild invite from the highest ranked/established one. When i joined Ventrilo to say my initial "hellos" i was greeted by a woman guildmate excited to have another woman in the guild. It created one hell of an awkward introduction. That was the first and last time i created a female character.

Im not a fan of single player games. Prefer testing myself against other humans. An in such games the option to select between a male or female character isnt frequent. In game titles that give such an option i dont choose female. Believe it has to do with not wanting to project something im not in an online environment. Those days died to me on AOL in the late 90's.

None whatsoever

1488853742168314060.gif

It doesn't bother me, though when I was a kid I was hesitant to select female characters

It depends on the game. if it's an RPG, then I want to play as closely to myself as possible. If the game has a female protagonist, than I'd prefer if she was easy on the eyes . Not a total deal breaker though.

aka - Claire Redfield
giphy.gif

Jill Valentine
maxresdefault.jpg

Lara Croft (I prefer the reboot model)
lwWBPv0.jpg

2B
6cf.gif

Samus
sYqKSbY.jpg

Yeah, I'm shameless :D

Last edited:
For RPGs I'll usually mix it up after a few playthroughs to see any content that is exclusive to having a female character (KOTOR, Mass Effect for example)

Doesn't really bother me who I'm playing as, as long as story/gameplay are interesting.

If it's the character, I dont mind. If I can create a character though I usually try to make me. Might try a female if I do a second playthrough (like ME:A to bed Suvi) but usually I do one playthrough and move on since I dont have a lot of time to play

I don't mind if it is a story based game. I don't create my characters to be females.

I kinda have the same "problem", I generally won't pick a female character when it's an option; like in a fighting game or a create-a-character RPG, but I have no issue playing a game where the predetermined protagonist is a female, like the aforementioned Tomb Raider.

In an RPG setting, not that a play for the sex scenes, but I guess I don't want to try to seduce a male character.

I kinda have the same "problem", I generally won't pick a female character when it's an option; like in a fighting game or a create-a-character RPG, but I have no issue playing a game where the predetermined protagonist is a female, like the aforementioned Tomb Raider.

In an RPG setting, not that a play for the sex scenes, but I guess I don't want to try to seduce a male character.
I'll take part of that back, I will select a female character in a fighting game...if she dresses like a slut and her animations are slutty. I think I learned to masturbate during Mortal Kombat 2.

If I can choose I take the male but I dont mind playing a female if its a cool character

still hoping ciri from the witcher gets her own game

No issue if the lead is female.

I tend to create male characters as I am a bloke. However, I will sometimes create a female character on an alternate playthrough to play a class I had not used on the first playthrough, if it fits the playstyle.

For example a female character with a magician, cleric, or stealth/rogue character.

i dont mind at all but if there is a choice then i usually pick a male character

for me its more of a thing where how would i want to look like if i were to exist in a fictional world

I remember playing as a black female the first time I played KOTOR, which made the Revan reveal extra shocking.

Favorite MK fighter of all time is Kitana.

Planning on my first time playing Cyberpunk 2077 picking a female character.

One of my favorite characters in all of fiction is Kreia from KOTOR2.

Favorite characters In Mass Effect games are Miranda, Ashley, and Liara.

So yeah, apparently I'm a complete sexist.

I always make an avatar modeled after an idealization of myself on first runs, but in games that I love, and play through multiple times, where it is an option, I almost invariably make a female with my second toon. Where females are the protagonist by default I tend to have no issue.

All comes down to the game type. With games like Tomb Raider, doesnt matter as long as the game is fun. In RPGs, I play a male character since I cant get myself to read my characters lines in any voice other than my own. So anything outside of story based games = does not make a difference to me.

This. Specifically RPGs where you make dialogue choices and romance choices etc. Always pick a male first.

I played through ME as a male and again as a female. IMO it’s more fun as the female. For some reason the male’s voice was too corny for me. Plus, it’s more fun searching out all the lesbians in the game.

I do the same lol. My female character is almost always a lesbian unless I'm going for Achievements or something.

In RPGs where the PC has a pretty set personality/story/dialogue I may choose a female first. In all other types of games I don't pick based on gender but by general character design/gameplay. I can't recall the last time if ever where I was forced to play a female character and thought it felt strange/out of place.

This. Specifically RPGs where you make dialogue choices and romance choices etc. Always pick a male first.

I do the same lol. My female character is almost always a lesbian unless I'm going for Achievements or something.

In RPGs where the PC has a pretty set personality/story/dialogue I may choose a female first. In all other types of games I don't pick based on gender but by general character design/gameplay. I can't recall the last time if ever where I was forced to play a female character and thought it felt strange/out of place.

Yep. For the record, I always model the character after my wife and make her lez out with someone. It’s pretty funny. I did think about having her fuck Jacob in ME2 just to mess with her.

I like to play as closely to myself as possible.

I like to be the character.

It depends on the game. Tomb raider doesnt bother me because shes always been a girl

Skyrim doesnt bother me because its your choice

The idea of a female Grand theft auto protagonist does not thrill me a whole lot though and it will mess with my immersion

Im not looking for realism in a game but some choices just arent logical they are pandering , its the pandering that i dont like

Back