Do You See A Happy Ending For Tony Ferguson?

I suspect Tony is 1 fight away from being cut by the UFC. Because of his name-value and salary, they're likely to match him against a ranked opponent. And he's likely to lose again. As of now, he's lost 4 fights in a row, and he's been dominated and/or finished in 12 out of the 13 rounds in those fights. With one more loss, they're likely to send him packing, at which point he'll end up BKF or Eagle FC.

I've always rooted for Tony, but he seems destined for hard times in and out of the cage. I hope he proves me wrong.

I hope he finds happiness and financial security in life. I sincerely hope he doesn't take any more brain trauma because he NEEDS money. I've seen enough fighters pick up 8 or 9 TKO losses chasing that last bit of glory that I don't wish that date on anyone.

Will he ride into the sunset off a win? Unlikely.
Not in the UFC at least.

He is cursed with a big name and likely a higher rate of pay that will lead to him fighting murderers instead of the step down in competition he needs.

This is a great analogy on this prose by the writer. Tony REALLY needs to get out NOW; the beatings will get worse and the long term damage unlikely to be paid for by any monetary gain. Health is wealth.

Reactions: mon
God I hope there’s a happy ending for Tony man. My heart can’t take much more.

<<Do You See A Happy Ending For Tony Ferguson?>>

giphy.gif

Depends which massage parlor he attends.

His story isn't much different than most fighters. Most careers don't end on a good note. Most everyone hangs around too long. It's the nature of it. I just don't know what Tony is gonna do w the rest of his life. Hope he's got it figured out

Bro, the guy thought he had a spy chip in his leg and that his son was Jesus, he Noah, and he had to prepare for a biblical flood. This happened in his 30’s while in peak physical condition. What u think gonna happen long term? Heck no things ain’t endin’ well for him!

Hopefully he’ll end up very happy in a mental hospital where he belongs and his family is safe

yeah he's gonna be a bitter old man telling stories about how he was the best fighter on the planet, and how the ufc fucked him over
His style of fighting and personality got him to the top but it's time to collaborate and shift gears and his mentality has got to change. I mean easier said then done. I respect all of the fighters for putting in the hard work. I just wish if the fighters were willing. There were some like fucking healthy figures in their lives or mentors. I don't know. That's whole another story. Best of luck to Tony.

I think he ramp up the UFC dissent and will not be given BJ penn or anderson treatment.

Maybe a TV commentator gig? He likes to talk!

Tony seemed like a weird guy living on his own plan. Now he seems like a weird guy with brain trauma living on his own plan.

Happy endings are irrelevant in this life. If you’re lucky, you die painlessly and recognizable…

Reactions: mon
Gonna be more threads about his life out of the cage than inside it in the future...
Absolutely

Meltdown has already happened... it's just leaking out right now, before it pours.

I would've said no, but the angle he's playing now with Khabib makes me think he's aware of his situation and tries to make some money before calling it quits.

Edit: nevermind, I just read his next tweet on that TUF coaching business

Last edited:
No, I think he should fight someone in the 11-15 range, but I have a feeling UFC will continue to give Ferguson top 10 LWs till they cut him.

Back