Doom

I was off for three weeks and put in almost 30 hours

Sounds like you wasted 474 hours :cool:

What's work camp? Is that like one of those company-wide retreats? I'm sorry for your luck bud

Sounds like you wasted 474 hours :cool:

What's work camp? Is that like one of those company-wide retreats? I'm sorry for your luck bud

LOL, have to spend some time with the lady or exercising.

I'm a construction planner for remote industrial projects. I work far out of town and usually the company executing the project has built a temporary work camp (sometimes permanent for the people operating the facility after we're done building), for the workers.

I fly in here, work my shift, and fly home. We do have high speed internet and everything I would need to game, I just don't own a gaming laptop.

Played some Nightmare today, not terrible but yeah, one fuckup and that's it. Thankfully I know what I like to upgrade that helps my play style so it's actually going much easier than my UV run was.

Going to be some absolutely brutal fights though.

The Doom car in today's Indy 500 wrecked out. :/

RIP demons, now that I have my Gauss upgraded. Nightmare has gotten significantly easier. Just cleared the first hell stage in no time.

Spectrogram for one of the songs

SuuE9Mc.png

RIP demons, now that I have my Gauss upgraded. Nightmare has gotten significantly easier. Just cleared the first hell stage in no time.
The best upgrade would be joining the Master Race and using a mouse and keyboard to make Nightmare even easier. :D

The best upgrade would be joining the Master Race and using a mouse and keyboard to make Nightmare even easier. :D

I've wondered about that. I'd guess console difficulties have to be calibrated differently otherwise it'd just be too ridiculous trying to manage it with a controller. I don't think I could've beaten UV at all with my xbox controller.

Last edited:
Some gameplay I recorded from one of the more intense fights in the game on UV with the "Hold Still" mission challenge.

Haven't heard anything of the difficulty being nerfed on consoles.

Some gameplay I recorded from one of the more intense fights in the game on UV with the "Hold Still" mission challenge.

I'm gonna see if I can put together some footage in the same area for some comparison. That's the 2nd to last mission right?

I'm gonna see if I can put together some footage in the same area for some comparison. That's the 2nd to last mission right?
That's the fight before the final boss.

I think outside of more precise aiming the controller works well in place of a KB/M.

The grouping and layout lend itself to quick action.

And it's not like this is a precision shooter. Especially when most people's primary weapon is a fucking double barrel shotgun where you just point it in the general direction of something you want to die.

Alright here's my footage. I'll let others decide since I have a clear bias. Yes...I know I pulled a polygon on that chainsaw :confused: It'll do 1080p60fps, but for some reason it's autoplaying at 360p

Alright here's my footage. I'll let others decide since I have a clear bias. Yes...I know I pulled a polygon on that chainsaw :confused: It'll do 1080p60fps, but for some reason it's autoplaying at 360p

What do you think is more difficult on PC?

Are you playing with your field of vision changed? It looks almost like a fisheye lens.

I love the sound of that Plasma on quad damage haha.

What do you think is more difficult on PC?

Are you playing with your field of vision changed? It looks almost like a fisheye lens.

I love the sound of that Plasma on quad damage haha.

I think the enemies are more accurate, aggressive, and faster reacting. (edit: they might have more hp as well based on how many shells I put into that pinky) Once again, I have a clear bias so I can't really trust my own opinion on this one. I should upload footage of me doing it on my xbox controller for the lulz.

Yeah I cranked my FOV way up. Sure it looks wonky, but I like to see more.

Gotta love that plasma QD.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back