Dr Disrespect Launches AAA Gaming Studio Midnight Society

It's not clear whether he can play with players who are playing on twitch.

Didn't see this incoming for maiden outing: an NFT meta-economy?

I'm not against this, but I'm not that interested if the cosmetics don't involve player skins. I went on the website and I think it's going to be emblems and calling cards.

I'm liking the aesthetics so far. I've applied for the pass, still waiting for answer.

Next announcement is that it'll be an Epic Games store exclusive i bet.

More industry insight from the guy who predicted Fortnite would be dead before the end of 2019.

He definitely under-estimated the impact of casual players on Fortnight, especially on console. My kids loved Fortnite...

I hate that game myself. lol

Could just be a way to fund the game? Either war, there is a lot of pressure to deliver I feel, with his background and being such a known critic of BR gameplay, this shit better be good. I bet hes getting burned out from streaming and this could be a transition to step away for a while. I hope this delivers though.

People just need to shut this NFT crap down. Don't buy in and it's done, but like all good Ponzi schemes once you get stuck you start trying to bring more people in. It's just an overpriced subscription service even when people have good ideas (exclusive access to holders) to make it worth while.

MS is clarifying their position on this:

Everyone hot on NFTs until playerbase wrath comes crashing down upon thee, lol. Enter – the backtrack.

tasty-pulp-fiction.gif

It's really not that bad tbh. A lot of it seems like kneejerk reaction. You get the nft and you can sell it at a later date and you have a voice at the table for the game, plus you don't need it at all for gameplay.

What did this man do to make Twitch so angry??

SMH, some blood feud shenanigans going on over there; possibly a shorty who seethes in envy at Doc's almost 7-foot frame. Doc and Twitch C-suite need pick up their axes in Nordic negotiation and engage in old-fashioned holmgång.

What did this man do to make Twitch so angry??

Lied to Twitch by saying Mixer was offering him a higher paying contract. Twitch just got off a 90 million dollar exclusivity deal with Overwatch which was catastrophic to their website.

Back