Dumbest thing you've heard in the gym.....

I like guys who think TMA don't work in any situation... When it's made for survival, and still has become successful when limited to MMA's rule-set.

I like guys who think their TMA skills are deadly powerfull.

I was told the jab wasn't important in muay thai by an old instructor.

Interesting.
Maybe he just meant it isn't very good! Lol

hee hee its even better when they take that literally and start giving me pointers while we sparring , putting on a know-it-all show in front of their friends..............
"yeah you're dropping your left hand ..........OOF.......ok this what you should be doing ........SMACK"

Fuck i hate that, i even hate it when people land a punch that barely grazes ya and they wanna touch gloves after every little fucking thing.

Then they coach ya about the openings you're leaving and how they could hit ya with such and such. No shit my left hand is low i want to counter your right hand.

Fuck i hate that, i even hate it when people land a punch that barely grazes ya and they wanna touch gloves after every little fucking thing.

Then they coach ya about the openings you're leaving and how they could hit ya with such and such. No shit my left hand is low i want to counter your right hand.

That drives me bat shit!!!! It always happens when i am working with a newer guy, they land a shot and then want to apologize or touch gloves and i am like "What the fuck are you apologizing for, that is what your supposed to do". I damn sure am not going to apologize when i hit you! Truth is, the most experienced boxers I spar with will actually apologize if they dont hit you...... "man, im sorry, im just off today"

That drives me bat shit!!!! It always happens when i am working with a newer guy, they land a shot and then want to apologize or touch gloves and i am like "What the fuck are you apologizing for, that is what your supposed to do". I damn sure am not going to apologize when i hit you! Truth is, the most experienced boxers I spar with will actually apologize if they dont hit you...... "man, im sorry, im just off today"

its a sign of nervousness and fear. Kind of like "Dont hit me . We're buddies"

i notice i do that with beginners though. I do it cuz i dont want them to be intimidated or think im pissed. Hell , i notice it calms them down. It also shows them that its a sport , nothing personal.

I always reflexively apologize when I hit someone harder than I meant to. I hate it when people do the glove-touch thing though.

Guy: So can we take our shirts off during boxing class?
My Cousin: Why would you do that?
Guy: You know to get used to the real thing.

"Taekwondo kicks don't have any power."

- (One week later the author of this quote was floored with blood pouring out of his nose by a front leg round kick to the face. First kick of the fight.) LMAO

During sparring (Muay Thai): "What are you doing?! You're only allowed to throw open palmed strikes during sparring!"

huh, at my MT class about half the guys are shirtless. Never thought that might be unusual.

I just dont like it when new beginners and people coming
from mc dojos are so quick to critic everyone else.

At the boxing gym I got to a bunch of dudes work out with no shirts. I don't see the big deal, its 100 degree plus weather here too.

I see this all the time and always approach them to ask where they train. Not because I'm curious.. just want to shit stir a bit

Apparently in some parts of the world it's easier to get girls if you wear Muay Thai shorts at the beach... Never have done it and never would unless I was on a serious dry streak. I've came to the conclusion through life expirience that if you are humble, nice and don't show off the girls will come to you. I dated a girl for 1 month and she didn't even know I did a sport.

Back