• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dumbest thing you've heard in the gym.....

"You don't need protein shakes. Just grab a couple Big Macs on your way home from the gym. As long as you get them with cheese, that's all the protein you need to get big and strong."

lol thats some funny shit!

the burger may have protein but it has more shit than nutritional value

:rolleyes:

even if that did happen outside your head.....why the fuck would you do that to a noob ?

Because he's lying and it never happened more than likely. Guys that pull this sort of stuff generally don't last long in a real gym.

I haven't had any crazy ones yet, but one of the instructors at the GYM I train at had a guy come in.

Instructor: hey, can I help you?
Guy: I'm gonna be a pro fighter
Instructor: ok, have you trained in any martial arts before?
Guy: yes I wrestled in high school
Instructor: ok that's a good base, how about any striking?
Guy: no, but I've knocked a few guys out at the bar.
Instructor: ok..... anybody can knock a drunk guy out.

lol thats some funny shit!

the burger may have protein but it has more shit than nutritional value

Yeah, I said the same thing, as politely as possible. Not that protein drinks are the alpha and the omega of nutrition, but for someone to seriously advocate McDonald's... wow.

this is one of the dumbest things to do, people coming off the street trying to fight pros.this kid came into the gym talking big, talking about beating pac, and tim bradley, joel diaz the one eyed trainer of tim bradley put him in his place.

Not so much stupid as a tad outdated. "Lifting weights will slow you down."

this is one of the dumbest things to do, people coming off the street trying to fight pros.this kid came into the gym talking big, talking about beating pac, and tim bradley, joel diaz the one eyed trainer of tim bradley put him in his place.

ahahh very entertaining.

ass whoopin

Jesus, I just kept flinching. He knocked the shit out of him. Looked like the scene from Million Dollar Baby.

Apparently before I got to my gym, some karate guy who believed in "the power of kata" sparred with one of our competition kickboxers. He got his legs beat on till he couldn't walk.

Not in my boxing gym, but I watched someone quarter squatting in the student rec center and explaining that he only did it that far because, "That's all you need for Basketball"

"If someone is coming at you with a hook, you can knee him before he hits you, thus knocking him off balance and making the punch not hurt."

That is a standard muay thai defense against the hook. Cover the head and knee the same side that the punch is coming from.

:icon_lol: this is embarassing for that guy..joel diaz was a pretty good fighter before that eye injury forced him into retirement..damn good trainer too...still an out of shape one eyed trainer beating the fuck out of you should tell you that you need serious training or quit altogether lol

:icon_lol: this is embarassing for that guy..joel diaz was a pretty good fighter before that eye injury forced him into retirement..damn good trainer too...still an out of shape one eyed trainer beating the fuck out of you should tell you that you need serious training or quit altogether lol

To make it worse, you can tell Joel was not even being all that serious.

" all the other martial arts make you stiff compared to bjj"

came from the coach lol

that video was awesome to watch

You gotta love those body shots after the slip. Nice

a thai instructor after watching a grappling class "man I always see you tapping out when you are rolling,why do you do this? man I never tap out.."

( the guy knows nothing about grappling whatsoever)

^^^ that really doesn't sound like something a legit
Thai instructor would say at all.

^^^ that really doesn't sound like something a legit
Thai instructor would say at all.

I agree. If the guy teaches at a gym that also teaches BJJ I see most instructor knowing at least a basic know how of BJJ. My MT instructor is a brown belt in BJJ and rolls with some guys at the gym and is known to be one of the best fighters in Brazil.

Yeah, I said the same thing, as politely as possible. Not that protein drinks are the alpha and the omega of nutrition, but for someone to seriously advocate McDonald's... wow.

haha i agree

I agree. If the guy teaches at a gym that also teaches BJJ I see most instructor knowing at least a basic know how of BJJ. My MT instructor is a brown belt in BJJ and rolls with some guys at the gym and is known to be one of the best fighters in Brazil.

he owns the gym .. lol

Back