EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I could never get into the EA UFC games or EA MMA for that matter. I wish they would go back to making Fight Night and Some other developer could obtain THQ's UFC engine.

I could never get into the EA UFC games or EA MMA for that matter. I wish they would go back to making Fight Night and Some other developer could obtain THQ's UFC engine.

Fight Night Champion 2. Maybe they can finally make a FN game where body punching tires your opponents and a jab means anything.

Fight Night Champion 2. Maybe they can finally make a FN game where body punching tires your opponents and a jab means anything.

I used my jab a lot in FNC. Imo it is very effective when starting a combo. It works well when you counter with it too. I do agree on the body punching though. It is effective but they really nerfed it.

I just think it's ridiculous that there hasn't been a boxing game on this current gen of consoles yet. I miss the silly sports stuff that used to get put out too, Stuff like NHL Hitz, MLB Hitz, DOA Volleyball, SS tricky, Def JAM wrestling, NFL Blitz, NBA Street etc...

I used my jab a lot in FNC. Imo it is very effective when starting a combo. It works well when you counter with it too. I do agree on the body punching though. It is effective but they really nerfed it.

I just think it's ridiculous that there hasn't been a boxing game on this current gen of consoles yet. I miss the silly sports stuff that used to get put out too, Stuff like NHL Hitz, MLB Hitz, DOA Volleyball, SS tricky, Def JAM wrestling, NFL Blitz, NBA Street etc...

FNC was 7 years ago. Think about that. Shit. I dunno, the jab seemed to use more energy than it was worth. If you were southpaw facing an orthodox, you can just counter with the right hook all night, and the left uppercut.

I fought a guy twice in a row yesterday. First he was Holloway and in the second fight he was Rose. He threw >150 punches each round and his gas tank was still up there. I managed to finish him in both fights by setting up some traps, but his forward pressure and punch rythm was insane. Just 3-4 punch combo after combo, I could hardly get away. Never experienced that before.

Just bought this game 40% off original price so I know it must not be that great this year...and why tf did they take out Sakuraba and other legends???

Today I was playing UFC3, working with Matt Hughes against Lyoto Machida.

I beating the living shit out of the guy on the ground, because I can't really get the jist of the standup on UFC3. I get up, do the taunt, get kicked once, FOR THE FIRST TIME, the entire match, with FULL ENERGY intact and get KO'd.

I almost threw my 50" out the window. But I'm pretty sure my wife and son would have committed me.

Today I was playing UFC3, working with Matt Hughes against Lyoto Machida.

I beating the living shit out of the guy on the ground, because I can't really get the jist of the standup on UFC3. I get up, do the taunt, get kicked once, FOR THE FIRST TIME, the entire match, with FULL ENERGY intact and get KO'd.

I almost threw my 50" out the window. But I'm pretty sure my wife and son would have committed me.
Taunting in range is NOT a good idea in this game lol. 50% chance it'll just take one shot if you get caught mid taunt.

Taunting in range is NOT a good idea in this game lol. 50% chance it'll just take one shot if you get caught mid taunt.
Not in UFC2. You may get wobbled but you're not going unconscious.

Not in UFC2. You may get wobbled but you're not going unconscious.

This year it is basically an auto KO if you catch them with the head kick while taunting. Somewhere in this thread is a video I posted of me knocking out a bunch of people while taunting when the game first came out and people didn't realize it was a death sentence yet.

I fought a guy twice in a row yesterday. First he was Holloway and in the second fight he was Rose. He threw >150 punches each round and his gas tank was still up there. I managed to finish him in both fights by setting up some traps, but his forward pressure and punch rythm was insane. Just 3-4 punch combo after combo, I could hardly get away. Never experienced that before.

It drives me nuts with people like that. It would be ok if shooting for a takedown mid combo was an option. Did they nerf the slipping punches a bit because I struggle to gas people out these days.

You have to really work the backlunge against the high pressure guys. If they whiff when you back lunge it sucks down their permanent stamina really quick. Mix it in with single body shots or body head 1-2s and they will start slowing down and giving a bit more space. The trick against the pressure guys is to not even think about finishing the fight, just focus on wearing them down and sapping their stamina until the third when they are gassed and desperate.

It drives me nuts with people like that. It would be ok if shooting for a takedown mid combo was an option. Did they nerf the slipping punches a bit because I struggle to gas people out these days.

Yeah the slips still take stamina away but not like they used to. The lunges are the way to go for gassing your opponent.

Yeah the slips still take stamina away but not like they used to. The lunges are the way to go for gassing your opponent.

What is it a backwards lunge or similar? How do you do it?
My weakness is the clinch... I despise that overpowered 50/50 insta rock mess. I can understand a flush knee rocking someone but don't make it so easy to insta clinch and spam repeatedly. 10 second deny window where an instant clinch after being rocked won't work and it will nerf it. Alternatively if I deny it straight after I get an easy takedown or counter shot.

What is it a backwards lunge or similar? How do you do it?
My weakness is the clinch... I despise that overpowered 50/50 insta rock mess. I can understand a flush knee rocking someone but don't make it so easy to insta clinch and spam repeatedly. 10 second deny window where an instant clinch after being rocked won't work and it will nerf it. Alternatively if I deny it straight after I get an easy takedown or counter shot.

It's the advanced back lunge, on xbox you press LB (can't remember what PS calls LB) and back on both sticks at the same time.

Instant clinch is garbage, I struggle with the guys who go for it over and over. Seems like I can hold deny and they still get it half the time. Once they get it I hold the high block and keep my finger on the low block. I then watch the opponents rear leg and switch to lowblock if I see that leg move. Even if you are a little late getting it you will still get a partial block and avoid a lot of the damage. If they don't move the rear leg they are throwing an elbow so just keep holding the high block, you always want to be holding high block though because the knee has a long enough animation to switch to lowblock the elbow animation is too quick to switch in time.

Also with the clinch people will try and be tricky and lag the timing on their attacks. If they lag at all go for the break. I escape the clinch a lot just from my opponent trying to bait me into blocking wrong and not thinking about the escape.

You have to really work the backlunge against the high pressure guys. If they whiff when you back lunge it sucks down their permanent stamina really quick. Mix it in with single body shots or body head 1-2s and they will start slowing down and giving a bit more space. The trick against the pressure guys is to not even think about finishing the fight, just focus on wearing them down and sapping their stamina until the third when they are gassed and desperate.
I just want to bang bro sigh. LOL

I just want to bang bro sigh. LOL

Me too. I actually think the grappling and clinch make these games suck. No one wants to sit and play super frustrating mini games in the middle of a fight. They need to rebuild that whole part of the game and make it feel active instead of feeling like a complete stop in the action. I see it like if mortal kombat had you stop and solve a puzzle mid match

Cruz is up there also,i fought Garbrant with non stop pressure then surprisingly enough he was the guy who gassed.lol

Cruz is up there also,i fought Garbrant with non stop pressure then surprisingly enough he was the guy who gassed.lol

Cruz and Mighty Mouse players also do this. Using their footwork and speed to throw crazy volumes.

Back