Ghostbusters
What about Bob
Groundhog Day
Scrooged
Kingpin
Rushmore
Lost in Translation
The Royal Tenenbaums

This could go either way for me. Ghostbusters is Bills best imo Trading Places is Eddies best.
I like both but give the slight edge to Eddie because I would re watch more of his films
Also haven't seen many of Bills movies and need to watch some
I've seen more eddie movies and I like 48 hrs, beverly hills cop, trading places and coming to america over most of murray's but I haven't seen alot of his

I think I've only seen groundhog day and lost in translation lol

why is that?

giphy.gif
Boomerang? That was good

Bill Murray has more variety in his acting ability and he actually has high level dramatic roles to his name like Lost In Translation & Broken Flowers.

80's Eddie, 80's Arnold & 90's Jim Carrey. Not sure if there are many others who can match those resumes

*you left off Delerious, BHC 2, The Golden Child & Bowfinger for Eddie

Last edited:
Ps Coming 2 America was absolute fucking Garbage.
That movie did not need a sequel, esp a pg -13 woke one 30 years later

I got thru the first 25 minutes and turned it off. I have fond memories as a kid about the original being one of the most joyful hilarious movies I ever saw in a theater. Not a single scene was wasted and every moment was hilarious. Once James Earl Jones died, me and my girl stopped laughing, then it just became uncomfortable. His son was an unfunny prick and his sons mom was insufferable. Eddie should have known better than to bring her to Africa, should have just left her in Queens

I chose Eddie. I like both guys, but I grew up first seeing eddie on snl and then bhc movies were huge in the 80s. I had to sneak listening to tapes and records of raw and delirious. Plus I loved eddies attempt at music!

I’d say eddie is more versatile of an actor also.

I got thru the first 25 minutes and turned it off. I have fond memories as a kid about the original being one of the most joyful hilarious movies I ever saw in a theater. Not a single scene was wasted and every moment was hilarious. Once James Earl Jones died, me and my girl stopped laughing, then it just became uncomfortable. His son was an unfunny prick and his sons mom was insufferable. Eddie should have known better than to bring her to Africa, should have just left her in Queens
Totally agree. The first one is like one of the greatest comedies ever and one of my favorites.
It was soooo upsetting, especially since they got practically the entire original cast back.
Poor use of many of those characters.
Morgan and Jones seemed like fucking cartoon characters. The script and Eddie Murphys performance seemed so weak and neutered.
This, Bill and Ted, That Dumb and Dumber movie were all horrible. Im surprised they havent made a fucking garbage Wayne's world sequel recently also. Hopefully that Uber eats commercial they are in dont spark some kind of interests in that dumpsterfire of a project.

Totally agree. The first one is like one of the greatest comedies ever and one of my favorites.
It was soooo upsetting, especially since they got practically the entire original cast back.
Poor use of many of those characters.
Morgan and Jones seemed like fucking cartoon characters. The script and Eddie Murphys performance seemed so weak and neutered.
This, Bill and Ted, That Dumb and Dumber movie were all horrible. Im surprised they havent made a fucking garbage Wayne's world sequel recently also. Hopefully that Uber eats commercial they are in dont spark some kind of interests in that dumpsterfire of a project.

<6> I saw that Waynes World commercial. I typically love nostalgia like that but that Uber commercial seems so out of touch and contrived. Not sure if that landed for the millenials and zoomers cause it doesnt seem to be landing for my generation. We're in a time where everything is fair game.

It's gotten to the point that hot chicks are selling their bath water on social media. I wouldn't recommed throwing away your old shit stained drawers cause eventually there will be a social media platform that will allow you to buy, sell and trade them

Bill is great with quirky characters, but usually isn't the lead in a movie. Hell some of his best roles are cameos. Eddie is always the star of the show.

I actually enjoyed Coming to America 2. I went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

Trading Places is my favorite EM movie. I haven't seen too many of Murray's movies, but I'd go with Ghostbusters for his best.

In the 80s I would have said Eddie but now..Bill.
Ps Coming 2 America was absolute fucking Garbage.
That movie did not need a sequel, esp a pg -13 woke one 30 years later

what they said. If going by 80's alone then Eddie gets it...but as a whole career, Bill gets it.

Fan of both but it's Murray by a pretty substantial margin. My favorite films of his are movies that are still worth watching whereas a lot of my appreciation for Murphy's movies depends on nostalgia.

Good question.

I think there are a lot of similarities between the two.

They both tend to deliver a lot of dry humour punctuated by manic outbursts.

Bill was better at pure deadpan, Eddie at voices / characters.

I'd go with Bill as I think he has better acting chops and hasn't fallen off half as badly as Eddie.

It's sad to see Eddie, who was legit one of the biggest comedy movie stars for a decade, descend into churning out unwatchable, puerile crap. He does a bit about when we was young and getting into comedy and just used to tell jokes about taking a shit, it seems like this version of Eddie has been in charge for a while now.

Back