Elizabeth Warren Releases DNA Test Showing "Strong Evidence" of Native American Ancestry

and the reason we're laughing at the right is because she did none of those things. She never used her native American background to get preferred admission or college scholarship. The only thing she's done is claim she was Cherokee in a cookbook when she had to submit some recipes. She had never touted her American Indian background on her campaign trail and it was brought up only because some news outlet asked about it.

CNN- "Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being "Native American." They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory."

Harvard obviously claims her race, stated or otherwise, had no bearing on her hiring. But why bother listing that she was native American on that application, then changing it back to white later, if there wasn't at least the possibility of it helping her application?

The just from a cookbook statement is fake news

Memory was slightly off. Was for a law school job, not getting into law school

The IRS isn't a part of the IRS nor do they have access to Trump's tax returns. You have no basis for believing that was Trump's worst year and I bet it was leaked by Trump himself.

Right. Trump leaked his own 1995 tax return to the NY Times rather than just releasing it. The Obama base.

I've never really understood the obsession that people have with distance ancestry that they have no cultural connection to. So Elizabeth Warren had a great, great, great, great, grandparent that was Native American. Cool. I can't believe this even became a contentious issue in the first place.

It became an issue because she claimed she was a racial minority to advance her career. She even claimed her parents had to elope due to anti-Native American discrimination. A complete farce.

Right. Trump leaked his own 1995 tax return to the NY Times rather than just releasing it. The Obama base.
I was talking about the 2005 one leaked to Maddow that showed Trump paying 37 mil in taxes on about 150 mil in income.

Family lore says that my great-grandmother was Metis (part Native American).

Based on this, I think there's a real possibility that I'm Elizabeth Warren.

Its between 6-10 generations ago. So between, (1/2)^6 and (1/2)^10. 1/64 and 1/1024? Why did she release the results? Does she think this looks good for her?

It became an issue because she claimed she was a racial minority to advance her career. She even claimed her parents had to elope due to anti-Native American discrimination. A complete farce.
How did she advance her career by claiming to be Native American after she was already hired for the job?

How many generations back can I go before I can claim it? How does this work exactly?

If Trump's team of untrained monkeys is on the ball, he'll respond by calling Warren a 1%er. People would eat that up.

Ok, thanks. So then at no point on any application did she ever check the box of “Native American”.

If that’s the case then I aside from the fact that if she ever said she was NA, I don’t see what the big deal is. Its not a big deal if it was as innocent as “I think a distant relative was NA”.

If she put it down in an application I’d have an issue.

I assume you would too?

Just saw this bit from your quote.

But between 1986 and 1995, she listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools Directory of Faculty; the University of Pennsylvania in a 2005 "minority equity report" also listed her as one of the minority professors who had taught at its law school.

That’s a little ridiculous, no?

Aren't native Americans most similar to Asians? And aren't there groups of white people in Eastern Europe that are essentially white and part Asian but are still considered white? As a racially ambiguous mix myself, this kind of silly shit makes me *confused black guy meme* face with a shit eating grin + da fucc?!?

It sounds like one of these things where you tell a lie and you just keep on lying to cover up your other lies.

Plus it's helped Warren's social justice status to make up a story like that.

Imagine how racist her grandparents must have been to object to a marriage on the basis that her lily white mother was possibly 1/512th indigenous ancestry. Talking about taking the one drop rule to the extreme. We don't want someone with those kind of ignorant and racist ancestors to be in politics, that's for sure.

That's if anything she said about her parents is remotely true.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-native-american/index.html

So now that there is proof that Warren has Native American ancestry like she has said in the past, do you think Trump will stop with his racist and insensitive language towards Sen. Warren or will he double down on his racism and continue to mock her heritage?
10 generations ago means she SHOULD be mocked. Politicians love pandering for votes, and you're apparently falling for it.

Imagine how racist her grandparents must have been to object to a marriage on the basis that her lily white mother was possibly 1/512th indigenous ancestry. Talking about taking the one drop rule to the extreme. We don't want someone with those kind of ignorant and racist ancestors to be in politics, that's for sure.

That's if anything she said about her parents is remotely true.
If she had a relative 8 generations back that was Native American and the rest of her relatives white, you wouldn't be able to tell that Elizabeth Warren's mom was part Cherokee and part Delaware Indian. Warren is just making up stuff in that video to say that's she's a minority person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back