ENTER THE DRAGON Remake (John Wick's David Leitch in Talks to Direct)

I agree, we need more realism in a movie abour a martial arts tournament run by a drug lord/slaver on his private island protected by all an martial artist security team.

<GOT4>
=)

giphy.gif

Or how about this. Cung Le shows up to the island, runs into Tony Jaa and they brawl and Cung is knocked into a Komodo dragon pit and Daniel Craig shows up and shoots the lizard for him.

......This movie is going to be SO AWESOME

I have zero confidence that justice could be done. How do you replace Bruce Lee? I'd put money down on them casting a female too.

Just saw that Leich is involved. If anyone can pull off a visceral Enter the Dragon reboot, it's him. I'd rather no one touch it though.

Last edited:
Thats incredibly fucking stupid, thats one classic you should leave alone. Nobody is going to do Bruce Lee justice.

And whos gonna be the main? Lmao, hollywood needs to fuck off with the live action and constant remakes

confused.gif

In ten years they're gonna "remake" TDK, mark my words...

Not to mention they already "remade" ETD. it was called Mortal Kombat

lol @ these responses being blinded by their love for Bruce Lee and childhood nostalgia. Enter the Dragon has aged almost as poorly as Bruce Lee himself lmao. between, the horrendous sound effects, unrealistic fighting, shit dialogue, and campy delivery that would make George Lucas erect, this movie needs a remake. By removing the nostalgia goggles, and pretending your childhood didn't consist of pretending to kung fu some fuckers, you'll see this movie is borderline comedy.

Personally, I've never had much of an issue with remakes. Mainly because they don't erase the originals. The originals are still available for those who wish to watch them. If anything, remakes give us something new to watch. As with anything, some will enjoy them, others will not.

lol @ these responses being blinded by their love for Bruce Lee and childhood nostalgia. Enter the Dragon has aged almost as poorly as Bruce Lee himself lmao. between, the horrendous sound effects, unrealistic fighting, shit dialogue, and campy delivery that would make George Lucas erect, this movie needs a remake. By removing the nostalgia goggles, and pretending your childhood didn't consist of pretending to kung fu some fuckers, you'll see this movie is borderline comedy.

0.5/10 troll post.

Would love to see the global triggering when they cast Conor McGregor as the lead.

Deadpool 2's David Leitch in Talks to Direct ENTER THE DRAGON Remake

DqzaOPt.jpg

Hot off Deadpool 2, David Leitch is in early talks to direct Enter the Dragon, the remake of the 1973 martial arts classic that cemented Bruce Lee’s iconic status. The original was a global hit out of Hong Kong, but its release was marked with tragedy as it came right after Lee’s death. The 45th anniversary of his death on July 20, 1973 was last Friday. They will now set a writer.

In Enter the Dragon, a Shaolin martial artist is pressed to enter a karate tournament on the island owned by the secretive Han, who is suspected of using the gathering as a way to smuggle drugs around the world. The protagonist has his own motivation: revenge. He learns that his sister fought for her life and ultimately killed herself on Han’s island, rather than succumb to rape by a group of Han’s thugs.

Warner Bros has been trying to figure out a way to recapture the magic of the Robert Clouse-directed film for years, with filmmakers like Spike Lee and Brett Ratner developing versions of the Golden Harvest release. Leitch is an intriguing choice.

Aside from being — as the opening credits boast in Deadpool 2–one of the guys who killed John Wick’s dog, the John Wick co-director helmed the Charlize Theron actioner Atomic Blonde and was second unit director on such films as Jurassic World and Captain America: Civil War.

Deadpool 2 and Atomic Blonde Helmer David Leitch in Talks to Direct Enter the Dragon Remake (Exclusive)

I understand the love of Bruce Lee movies. I grew up watching them with my brothers on broadcast TV way back in the day. However, those movies are so incredibly dated, that I would be okay with a remake if they do it justice (a big "if"). They completely fucked up the Kickboxer remake, which was way too soon for a remake anyhow. They better do an Enter the Dragon remake right, and choose a worthy replacement for Bruce Lee's character. Maybe this guy?

botd-1280-1503590822598_400w.jpg

The "Birth of the Dragon" film sucked, but I thought this guy did a pretty good Bruce Lee mimic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back