ENTER THE DRAGON Remake (John Wick's David Leitch in Talks to Direct)

Who played Kato in the Green Hornet remake?

my initial thought is they should fuck off with this because who are they going to roll out to replace Bruce....

but then I consider....what if they tell the story with Roper being the main focus instead of Bruce's character which really only changes the beginning of the movie but offers a possible fresh angle, the reason being ...then they could try out someone as Bruce's character in a slightly lesser role without the entire movie depending on his performance.... theres a whole multitude of wise ass, shady handsome/playboy type actors around that could pull it off for Saxon's character and make it enjoyable....but very few that could do an admirable Bruce like performance

They could just get Bolo Yeung to come back

Dude is probably still juiced up
He is in his 70's now.

Bolo_Yeung.jpg

should star a digital bruce lee or use the original bruce lee footage from the first one and insert it into a newly shot movie

Tupac's hologram would be a good replacement for Jim Kelly.

Deadpool 2's David Leitch in Talks to Direct ENTER THE DRAGON Remake

DqzaOPt.jpg

Hot off Deadpool 2, David Leitch is in early talks to direct Enter the Dragon, the remake of the 1973 martial arts classic that cemented Bruce Lee’s iconic status. The original was a global hit out of Hong Kong, but its release was marked with tragedy as it came right after Lee’s death. The 45th anniversary of his death on July 20, 1973 was last Friday. They will now set a writer.

In Enter the Dragon, a Shaolin martial artist is pressed to enter a karate tournament on the island owned by the secretive Han, who is suspected of using the gathering as a way to smuggle drugs around the world. The protagonist has his own motivation: revenge. He learns that his sister fought for her life and ultimately killed herself on Han’s island, rather than succumb to rape by a group of Han’s thugs.

Warner Bros has been trying to figure out a way to recapture the magic of the Robert Clouse-directed film for years, with filmmakers like Spike Lee and Brett Ratner developing versions of the Golden Harvest release. Leitch is an intriguing choice.

Aside from being — as the opening credits boast in Deadpool 2–one of the guys who killed John Wick’s dog, the John Wick co-director helmed the Charlize Theron actioner Atomic Blonde and was second unit director on such films as Jurassic World and Captain America: Civil War.

Deadpool 2 and Atomic Blonde Helmer David Leitch in Talks to Direct Enter the Dragon Remake (Exclusive)

giphy (49).gif

Is long as Bruce Lee's character is played by a skinny blonde woman, I'll be happy.

How terrible of you.
The lead has to be a black lesbian woman with shaved head.
Anything else is wrong.

Random fact - David Leitch also played Terry Bogard in the King of Fighter's movie:

King1.jpg

could work if they get iko unwais involved.

my initial thought is they should fuck off with this because who are they going to roll out to replace Bruce....

I'm not sure what fans of Asian action films would feel about casting South Korean action stars but I would immediately suggest actors like Byung-Hun Lee or Won Bin who do their own stunts regularly

they already remade it "whitewashed" with Blood Sport!

With so many other action movies following the same format, i am okay with this remake.

And i am a big bruce lee fan.

I'm not sure what fans of Asian action films would feel about casting South Korean action stars but I would immediately suggest actors like Byung-Hun Lee or Won Bin who do their own stunts regularly

Good call with Won Bin, dude has an intensity about him.

This is so fucking stupid, Enter The Dragon has already been properly remade with JCVD, it's called Bloodsport and you could never top it so why try?

Sam Rockwell as Roper, Michael B. Jordan as Williams.o_O

I keed

Back