Media Even joe rogan and his rat pack think Sean won the fight

It’s annoying that people are so passionate about that fight. It was absolutely horrible. You had a guy that looked like a sparring partner you brought in to work on your jab defense vs a guy that looks like he time traveled from the ufc 1 event.
I agree, round 5 was sloppy barnburner shit and DDPs wildhorse style with wailing windmills is something of a travesty

All in all though it should have been a draw.

The only thing that really comes to mind about Rogan is how much better the broadcast was without him.

Joey Diaz says something very telling "when have you seen a bookie with a side job?"

My take:

This fight is what draws were invented for...but of course there are higher interests involved and a draw doesnt equal profit to those that stand to gain, right? I find it absurd that one fighter HAS to win the round, no round draws make it a broken system not made for mma. But yea they want it to be as subjective as possible so fights like these can be steered.

Also Dana has said numerous times before that they want to enter (which really means corner) the New Zealand mma market, well this decision makes sense then doesnt it? Or are the ufc saints and we should give them the benefit of the doubt?

Listen, all I know is that Sean didn't lose that fight

How can you lose when you leave your opponent looking like sloth from the goonies? (Don't worry Rhonda, I'm not making fun of you this time)

View attachment 1025147

* Here, I'll leave you guys this extra gem, after this latest Sean Stricland vs woke reporter debacle, I predict soon disney and ESPN will pressure or downright force Dana and the ufc into abiding by non hate speech rules, laws or regulations. Just watch, it's coming. I hate Dana but one thing I accept and coincide with is his stance on free speech, but he is just a puppet for the elite owned brand and that time is coming closer as we edge into this totalitarian new world order.

( I hope the mods don't move or delete this thread, they have been worse than usual with me, now like 4 out of 5 threads i make get immediately merged or sent to oblivion. If you have some integrity let us talk freely about this, this deserves its own thread. Im asking humbly)

Cry more and cope.

This fight is what draws were invented for...but of course there are higher interests involved and a draw doesnt equal profit to those that stand to gain, right? I find it absurd that one fighter HAS

It's not like they assess the fight when it's done and say, "that was close, let's call it a draw!" They score the rounds one by one and it is what it is.

Could it have been a draw? Sure. But it wasn't.

It's not like they assess the fight when it's done and say, "that was close, let's call it a draw!" They score the rounds one by one and it is what it is.

Could it have been a draw? Sure. But it wasn't.
Yea cause the scoring system is broken, duhhhh

I didnt imply it, joey diaz did. But still you gotta be a special kind of gullible to completely dismiss the theory.

I agree, round 5 was sloppy barnburner shit and DDPs wildhorse style with wailing windmills is something of a travesty

All in all though it should have been a draw.

I'm gonna try and be less of an arsehole and reply properly. If you think it should have been a draw are you seeing a (or multiple) 10-10 rounds? I do think the lack of 10-10 rounds is an issue in current judging. That's before we get into the issue of round by round scoring and the 10 point system in MMA at all.

I am much more inclined to blame 'bad' judging on incompetence rather than conspiracy though.

I'm gonna try and be less of an arsehole and reply properly. If you think it should have been a draw are you seeing a (or multiple) 10-10 rounds? I do think the lack of 10-10 rounds is an issue in current judging. That's before we get into the issue of round by round scoring and the 10 point system in MMA at all.

I am much more inclined to blame 'bad' judging on incompetence rather than conspiracy though.
I can respect that, i think its both and they go hand in hand. Conspiracies arent always fake ya know.

Watching it in real time, I too thought Strickland won because of the higher output. But as this breakdown shows, DDP landed the heavier shots, takedowns, and showed more aggression while Sean never really pushed the action and was content to just throw jabs.

That's guys videos are trash doh

Close fight …..DDP punching like a grown man gave him the edge

If you are disagreeing with everything Joe say, then you are a delusional hater. I can say tons of things i agree and disagree with Joe

Joey Diaz says something very telling "when have you seen a bookie with a side job?"

My take:

This fight is what draws were invented for...but of course there are higher interests involved and a draw doesnt equal profit to those that stand to gain, right? I find it absurd that one fighter HAS to win the round, no round draws make it a broken system not made for mma. But yea they want it to be as subjective as possible so fights like these can be steered.

Also Dana has said numerous times before that they want to enter (which really means corner) the New Zealand mma market, well this decision makes sense then doesnt it? Or are the ufc saints and we should give them the benefit of the doubt?

Listen, all I know is that Sean didn't lose that fight

How can you lose when you leave your opponent looking like sloth from the goonies? (Don't worry Rhonda, I'm not making fun of you this time)

View attachment 1025147

* Here, I'll leave you guys this extra gem, after this latest Sean Stricland vs woke reporter debacle, I predict soon disney and ESPN will pressure or downright force Dana and the ufc into abiding by non hate speech rules, laws or regulations. Just watch, it's coming. I hate Dana but one thing I accept and coincide with is his stance on free speech, but he is just a puppet for the elite owned brand and that time is coming closer as we edge into this totalitarian new world order.

( I hope the mods don't move or delete this thread, they have been worse than usual with me, now like 4 out of 5 threads i make get immediately merged or sent to oblivion. If you have some integrity let us talk freely about this, this deserves its own thread. Im asking humbly)

Who cares what Rogan thinks? He has so many terrible takes at this point, it's hard to take his opinion seriously

Meh it could have went either way. It was razor close. No one really “won “ that fight. I actually thought when buffer was reading the score cards he was going to say draw. But you could make an argument either way I guess. Neither guy beat the other up any worse. I think Sean could have done more and had more output he kind of shot himself in the foot. Had he pressed on the gas more often he probably would have won.

Meh it could have went either way. It was razor close. No one really “won “ that fight. I actually thought when buffer was reading the score cards he was going to say draw. But you could make an argument either way I guess. Neither guy beat the other up any worse. I think Sean could have done more and had more output he kind of shot himself in the foot. Had he pressed on the gas more often he probably would have won.
I thought it was a draw too to be fair, but I try to not enable this type of judging or faulty rules that dont allow 10-10 rounds, why the hell not? doesnt even make sense.

Back