Ever Had A Rival?

in 2nd grade, it was down to me and this other cat over who was the GOAT kickballer and dodge baller in the greater San Diego area

spoiler alert, it was I

Given that Sherdoggers are gifted with amazing body, minds, looks and goals. There's gotta be a some competition that you faced a lot and might gave you some challenge.

At work mostly when people try to take what i have. I become a lion in a jungle.
The first few weeks doing a new sport is brutal.
Changing jobs is brutal.
Marriage for 17 years is brutal.

Other than that life is short and don't get into drama.

I've had people that considered myself, a rival. High school sports, people that I worked with. Can't say I really felt the same way. Uh, there was this kid that lived on my block, Bert Oliver. He was two years older. He generally hated everyone, but he had a special place in hell, for me. To this very day, I can't tell you why. He never had the guts to sock me. It was chronic annoyance. My name is David. So typically, he'd follow me and whine, "David Gayvid", repetitively. He'd look at me and make sour faces. His favorite insult, was to call me, a "bun". I really don't know what that is, or meant. Stuff like that...

One day, a kid on the block got a Slip 'N Slide. Everyone was there. It was quite the event. There were chips, cans of soda, a cooler with twin pops... Fantastic hosting. Bert shows up. The mother of the kid, with the Slip 'N Slide, insisted that Bert be allowed to hangout. The dickishness ensued. The mother was inside, so she didn't see his antics, nor wanted to be bothered about it. The soaps were probably on. Bert gets in line behind me. He does his "David Gayvid" routine. Then, out of nowhere, he drops his trunks, turns around, and spreads his cheeks. He gyrated and went "Reeeer! Reeeer!" I was highly puzzled. Then, one of kids pointed out how he didn't wipe well. He stuck his fingers in his crack, and observed the evidence. Most of us were cracking up. The crowd had a few people that were disgusted. One girl cried. He pulled up his trunks, got on his bike, and left.

Outside of school, he was kind of a hermit, after that. His life became a living hell. Well, about a much as a living hell can be, for your average 9 yr. old. He got ribbed everyday, for the rest of the two years that I lived in that neighborhood. I didn't join in, though. I never really had hard feelings towards the guy.

This is one of the most bizarre things I've seen on this forum

56bt9ohS-ZM-I-j57DymurCW1cxrjDu_fZYNnJMBfNr9ZFGVi7ddrhD3REimOjRS_qlvvcioExdLQ3o7qdf0bBZ1SteCkCZIK_N8go7aRoZbHqH0zEU

Locking horns with your best friend is the worst kind of rivalry.

You trusted each other with all of your secrets, and later it devolves into betrayal and a soul crushing war of attrition where the only outcome seems to be a Pyrrhic victory.

It sounds like you've been there.

We had a real bad falling out like a breakup last year. It sucked.

Michael Jordan. I tried to get his autograph, he said no....so I took it personal and that's all I needed.

Back in the day when I was DJ'ing there was some sort of low key rivalry between me and some guy from the other side of town. We were both up and coming and had our friends as fanbase that had their own little "rivalry". Silly shit.
Good memories tho!

Lekker-belangrijk.jpg

I'm drinking meade from his skull right now

Not sure if it was a rival, but when I first got out of School, and was a green noob dipshit, my colleague who had much more experience was helpful and mentoring. Once I got my feet under me, I stopped asking about things and I think he got pissed. Started shit talking me etc. Didn’t last long, because I ended up leaving, but if I stayed, it was heading that way.

It sounds like you've been there.

We had a real bad falling out like a breakup last year. It sucked.

Yeah. It can be quite the trauma drama.

Was the conflict handled privately or did it spill out into a larger social group where people had to take sides like a newly divorced couple?

Yeah. It can be quite the trauma drama.

Was the conflict handled privately or did it spill out into a larger social group where people had to take sides like a newly divorced couple?

It was just between us Thankfully. My other friends aren't part of his circle too so no one had to choose sides.

in 2nd grade, it was down to me and this other cat over who was the GOAT kickballer and dodge baller in the greater San Diego area

spoiler alert, it was I

Did that 'other cat' drink straight water? yes?

There's your answer.

There was a former Premier League footballer, called Jon Stead. He was a striker mainly for smaller teams, but I think he did get one big transfer at one point, not sure.

Anyway, he was my ex's ex-boyfriend so whenever he returned to his home-town (where I was at university) we'd always have a run-in in a nightclub due to him trying it on with her. Never came to blows, but always made horrible eye contact whenever he entered the building. He was my sort of nemesis for a year or so.

Back