Everything related to Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather goes here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually a good fight since its being fought at 154. NO need for Cotto to be drained to 145 (like he was when he fight Pac).

Pac vs Cotto was retarded

May vs Cotto (154) is not.

Cotto needed to shave only 1 lb for that fight. He fought Clottey and weighed in at 146. Shaving one lb more was no big deal. Stop trying to make it more than it was.

So long as we are talking about catch weights.. whats up with Floyd being willing to go to 154 for Cotto, but telling Martinez he had to make 150?

I've stated in other threads that Bradley is a bad match up for Manny, and from a business point it makes little sense for Arum & Co....

however, I'm referring to many of the trolls who have come here (Mirabeau, Teflon etc) and the other dip$hits who plague other boxing forums with racist shit and comments fueled by ignorance and lies such as "Manny won't do a blood test" or "manny has never faced a black boxer before..."

A lot of these $hit is just fueled by racist nonsense because Manny Pacquiao isn't a "brotha."

As my white ultra-Republican friend once said, "...I don't know why people always think white people are racist...non white people, everyone from hispanics, Asians to blacks are some of the most racist people I've met..."

LMAO!!!!

I love it when people attempt to sound intelligent.

I agree.

I don't see how it's racist to say "Manny has never faced a black boxer before". It's the style that Mayweather has that most think would cause Manny problems. Mayweather has a style that you'll more commonly find amongst black fighters - same for Bernard Hopkins. It's not racist to suggest that Manny hasn't faced those type of fighters instead of come-forward sluggers due to the stylistic problems. Nor is it criticising Manny either. It's smart management on the part of Top Rank.

The point about "non-white" people being "the most racist people" your "ultra-Republican" friend is so retarded it could only come from a diehard Republican.

Cotto needed to shave only 1 lb for that fight. He fought Clottey and weighed in at 146. Shaving one lb more was no big deal. Stop trying to make it more than it was.

So long as we are talking about catch weights.. whats up with Floyd being willing to go to 154 for Cotto, but telling Martinez he had to make 150?

It was Martinez and his camp that initially said they'd go down to 150lbs in order to get a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao. And the difference is clear - Cotto's not a large 154lbs fighter, whereas Sergio has grown into a legitimate 160lbs fighter than could still cut down in weight. Just because the middleweight division is swimming with guys like Chavez, Jr that are god damn cruiserweights on fight night doesn't mean Martinez isn't a natural middleweight at this point.

For the record, I'd like to see the fight at 154lbs too. If Mayweather does beat Cotto for the WBA strap then I'd love to see him either fight a unification bout with Canelo or fight Martinez at 154lbs.

It looks like Mayweather will be fighting Cotto and Pacquiao will be fighting Bradley. If these fights go as planned, who do you think is taking the biggest risk Floyd or Pacman? I'll post my opinions later, I just wanted some feedback.

Very exciting fights, I'm looking forward to both of them.

-J

I agree.

I don't see how it's racist to say "Manny has never faced a black boxer before". It's the style that Mayweather has that most think would cause Manny problems. Mayweather has a style that you'll more commonly find amongst black fighters - same for Bernard Hopkins. It's not racist to suggest that Manny hasn't faced those type of fighters instead of come-forward sluggers due to the stylistic problems. Nor is it criticising Manny either. It's smart management on the part of Top Rank.

The point about "non-white" people being "the most racist people" your "ultra-Republican" friend is so retarded it could only come from a diehard Republican.

This post is why when im in Scotland, I always stay at the Batkilts palatial apartment, where we eat grapes and play chess while naked red headed women wash our feet with honey and oats.

Its cause he uses logic, take note, you vomit-inducing virgins.

I want to see PAc fight someone who didn't look like garbage in their previous fight. Thats what Floyd has over Pacquiao, fighting guys who performed well previously.

Ledwaba was the second coming of Duran before Pac got him
Barrera was on a streak of wins that included Morales, Kelly, Tapia, and Hamed
JMM had victories over Barrera and Juarez leading into the second fight with Pac and Julio Diaz & Katsidas leading into the third
David Diaz beat Erik Morales going into his bout with pac
Even Cotto didn't look like shit vs. CLottey imo.. I think people simply underestimated Clottey and were shocked to see that he could hang at the world class level.
Hatton fucked up Paulie Malinaggi
Clottey nearly defeated Miguel Cotto

Floyd dragged Pacquiao's name through the mud when the tables were turned. However irrational it is, he brought it upon himself.

Bradley has a better chance of beating Pacquiao than Cotto does of beating Mayweather, but both guys are facing better opponents than they have in a while.

It was Martinez and his camp that initially said they'd go down to 150lbs in order to get a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao. And the difference is clear - Cotto's not a large 154lbs fighter, whereas Sergio has grown into a legitimate 160lbs fighter than could still cut down in weight. Just because the middleweight division is swimming with guys like Chavez, Jr that are god damn cruiserweights on fight night doesn't mean Martinez isn't a natural middleweight at this point.

For the record, I'd like to see the fight at 154lbs too. If Mayweather does beat Cotto for the WBA strap then I'd love to see him either fight a unification bout with Canelo or fight Martinez at 154lbs.

Oh.. so now it's okay to use that excuse.. because Pac is certainly not a large welter..lol..

If Martinez cut to 150, Floyd would be facing what Pac faced when he faced DLH. Sergio has not weighed 150 since 2003.

Why fight him at all unless you are going to face him at a weight he can comfortably make? It just stirs up shit talkers, like Floyd himself, that will discredit your performance.

and of course Sergio is willing to cut to 150.. he is desperate for a chance to prove he's the best... he'll do whatever it takes to get a big fight with anybody from 168 to 154. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a smart thing to do. Still.. when nobody wants to even mention your name, what can you do? Everybody is avoiding him.. so he is making concessions.

Horrible contract? 40 million is a horrible contract?

The actual number doesn't matter.. the split is what matters.. contrasted with the drawing power of each. Pac deserves an even split. Mayweather not giving it to him is his way to price himself out of the fight.. it is no different than when Roy Jones priced himself out of a rematch with Hopkins..or Lennox Lewis priced himself out of a rematch with Vitali.. "it would take 100 million to get me to come out of retirement".

Oh.. so now it's okay to use that excuse.. because Pac is certainly not a large welter..lol..

Eh? You asked a question - I merely pointed out that it was Sergio that said he'd fight Mayweather or Pacquiao at 150lbs. It was Sergio's constant comments that led to Mayweather stating he'd take the fight at 150lbs.

If Martinez cut to 150, Floyd would be facing what Pac faced when he faced DLH. Sergio has not weighed 150 since 2003.

Why fight him at all unless you are going to face him at a weight he can comfortably make? It just stirs up shit talkers, like Floyd himself, that will discredit your performance.

Again, Sergio himself was the one that brought it up. He said he can still make 150lbs, and would have no problem doing so for a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight. Floyd was responding to Sergio making that 'challenge' - he didn't just pluck Martinez's name and that weight out of thin air.

and of course Sergio is willing to cut to 150.. he is desperate for a chance to prove he's the best... he'll do whatever it takes to get a big fight with anybody from 168 to 154. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a smart thing to do. Still.. when nobody wants to even mention your name, what can you do? Everybody is avoiding him.. so he is making concessions.

Well, there's not much else he can do. Top Rank repeatedly didn't want to hear about Sergio fighting at 154lbs against Cotto, Margarito or against Chavez, Jr at 160lbs. Both TR and GBP prefer to keep the big fights 'in-house' when possible, so unless Sergio cuts ties with DiBella and signs with either one then he's either got to hope someone else catches on at 154lbs or 160lbs or consider whether to make the cut or move up.

Pacquiao by a landslide.

Bradley is in his prime and an undefeated champion. He will be tough, should be a great fight. Manny will be tested. This is what he needs.

Last edited:
whats up with Floyd being willing to go to 154 for Cotto, but telling Martinez he had to make 150?

Nice try but Martinez is the one that called them out at this weight.

Edit: I see people already shot down your nonsensical drivel again as usual.

Nice try but Martinez is the one that called them out at this weight.

Edit: I see people already shot down your nonsensical drivel again as usual.

again?...

DLH said he didn't mind fighting Pac at a weight he hadn't made in a while.. I don't see the difference.. The fact that Pac demanded that Oscar cut down to an unhealthy weight is the reason that he gets no credit for that fight to this day... So why is that different for Mayweather.. Mayweather wouldn't even say Sergio's name until Sergio said he would weaken himself and drop to 150.. all of the sudden.. "if Sergio can make 150, we can fight"

Double standard

when manny is outselling him?

Except he is not outselling him...his last fight was the only fight that did more than Floyds. And frankly as a 3rd fight between a popular fighter SHOULD have done much better than Floyds against a relative unknown fighter. 1.4 to 1.25.

Manny has had 5.5m buys in his last 6 fights while Mayweather has had 4.75 in his last 4 and I did not even include the ODH fight, which would put him at 7.15m.

But either way Floyd does more business in ppv numbers, and people need to think of gate numbers as well, not just ppv numbers.

Except he is not outselling him...his last fight was the only fight that did more than Floyds. And frankly as a 3rd fight between a popular fighter SHOULD have done much better than Floyds against a relative unknown fighter. 1.4 to 1.25.

Manny has had 5.5m buys in his last 6 fights while Mayweather has had 4.75 in his last 4 and I did not even include the ODH fight, which would put him at 7.15m.

But either way Floyd does more business in ppv numbers, and people need to think of gate numbers as well, not just ppv numbers.

Yeah.. check Pacs gate for his last bout.. Gates not relevant because Manny fights outside of Vegas.. an accurate comparison can not be made for those fights.. but in Vegas, Manny does Mayweatheresque numbers at the gates...

and comparing the ppv #'s from their last 2 fights will give you a more accurate representation of who currently outdraws who. Last weeks stock prices don't mean shit. What's todays market value? I think you'll find that they are about even in their last two fights. 50/50 is fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back