Everything related to Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather goes here

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone who was available, this is the best match out there. I would have liked to see Martinez, but hes fighting someone else.

Now Pac will be forced to fight someone with a pulse.

JMM, SSM, Cotto, Margarito were all threats and all had "pulses."

Let's knock off the hatred ...we get enough of that from the uninformed trolls and racist assholes here.

The fight with Cotto/Pac was completely a mismatch, Pac+Co forced Cotto to drain to 145 to take that fight to ACCOMMODATE for Pac's smaller physique....

This fight with Money is a fight at 154 (Cotto's best weight). This will be a real fight, Floyd is actually going to fight at 154 for the 2nd time (Since ODLH). Seems to be people don't really know boxing if they're calling this a easy match for Money. This will actually way more competitive.

I think this will be a good match, even though I think Money will win because of his boxing abilities/reflexes.

The fight with Cotto/Pac was completely a mismatch, Pac+Co forced Cotto to drain to 145 to take that fight

This fight with Money is a fight at 154 (Cotto's best weight). This will be a real fight, Floyd is actually going to fight at 154 for the 2nd time (Since ODLH).

Same reason why people called SSM, DLH, Hatton, Mayweather's leftovers...

just uninformed, douche bag haters who know jack shit about the sport...

This.

Especially since it sounded like a Cotto rematch was Pac & Company's first choice for an opponent. You know that if Pac-Cotto 2 would have been booked that same fan base would have talked about how Cotto is the most dangerous guy Pacquiao could be fighting.

If Pacquiao fights Bradley it will be the first versatile fighter (outside of JMM) that Pacquiao has fought in a long, long time. Definitely a tough fight, and one that Bradley can and will make ugly.

Just saying, Pac is the one turning down the fight over and over.

There is a big difference between turning down a fight and turning down a contract. One would try to make them seem like one and the same but they are not. Manny Pacquiao said he would be glad to fight Floyd as long as the revenue split is 50-50. Mayweather believes he deserves more than 50% of the revenue. Therefore, the fight did not happen.

It was a contract dispute that stalled the fight. Manny Pacquiao is in no way shape or form scared of Floyd Mayweather. He is also not going to get suckered into a horrible contract like the one Mayweather signed when he recieved 25 million dollars and Oscar recieved 58 million dollars for their fight.

It's this simple, if he does not accept a 50-50 split, he is pricing himself out of the fight.

-J

If Pacquiao fights Bradley it will be the first versatile fighter (outside of JMM) that Pacquiao has fought in a long, long time. Definitely a tough fight, and one that Bradley can and will make ugly.

I agree with you there. There's an argument to make that plenty of Pacquiao's opponents in recent years have been handpicked to suit his style, but Bradley is a fighter that can give anyone at 140lbs or 147lbs serious problems. He knows how to adjust against an opponent. If Manny wins this, it's via a close decision.

This is actually a good fight since its being fought at 154. NO need for Cotto to be drained to 145 (like he was when he fight Pac).

Pac vs Cotto was retarded

May vs Cotto (154) is not.

I've stated in other threads that Bradley is a bad match up for Manny, and from a business point it makes little sense for Arum & Co....

however, I'm referring to many of the trolls who have come here (Mirabeau, Teflon etc) and the other dip$hits who plague other boxing forums with racist shit and comments fueled by ignorance and lies such as "Manny won't do a blood test" or "manny has never faced a black boxer before..."

A lot of these $hit is just fueled by racist nonsense because Manny Pacquiao isn't a "brotha."

As my white ultra-Republican friend once said, "...I don't know why people always think white people are racist...non white people, everyone from hispanics, Asians to blacks are some of the most racist people I've met..."

You done with the social commentary yet, you disgusting clown?

Stop crying and bitching about racism when you keep bringing up race in this thread, you repulsive heathen.

The reason " blacks " dont like Manny isnt cause hes not black... its cause theyre an individual group of people who dont share a hive mind, you simplistic rodent.

Jesus Christ, Ive been away for a few days ( Meditating with my boy Tom Brady, getting him ready for the Bowl ) and you execrable cretins flood my precious boxing forum.

Away with you clowns.

There are people in this thread complaining when they were only just in other threads calling Mayweather a bum because he never fought Cotto. WTF?

I wanted to see Floyd fight Cotto then, not now. Floyd has a tendency to not fight guys until they are damaged goods.

I agree with you about the "douche bag haters" part, but don't neccesarily think you can apply that to all those that are critical of those fights. Sure, some people aren't really boxing fans so much as Pacquiao or Mayweather fans - but plenty of boxing fans criticise that matchmaking. Not Pacquiao as such, but Top Rank.

Folk are rightly critical of the De La Hoya and Mosley matchups. De La Hoya was a part-time fighter that fought at 147lbs for the first time in years against Manny. I'm not suggesting Manny should have moved up to 154lbs or even 150lbs for that fight - but beating Oscar De La Hoya at 147lbs doesn't prove much at that point, other than Manny could stop a weight-drained, part-time fighter.

Mosley? If he had fought him right after the Floyd fight then it might have been credible. But it was evident after Floyd and Mora that Mosley brought nothing to the table other than "he might catch Pacquiao in the opening rounds". I'll openly admit I was one of Sugar Shane's fans hoping that he'd wind the clock back yet again, but I guess he had his Indian summer against Margarito.

Hatton? I honestly do think the Floyd fight took a lot out of him. Hatton's desire was never the same after losing to Floyd, but I don't think it's fair to call him "Floyd's leftovers". Hatton's issues then were depression and alcohol dependency. He was still, on paper, a dangerous opponent.

All three were smart fights on the part of Top Rank. A win over Oscar gave Pacquiao the 'rub', and the Hatton fight increased it. Mosley? A name fighter that enough PPV buyers would still eat up based on his past accomplishments and a decent TR promotion.

JMM, SSM, Cotto, Margarito were all threats and all had "pulses."

Can't really agree with that.

Why did we have to wait so long for a Marquez rematch? Why did Cotto have to sweat down to a weight he said he had trouble making? Actually 2 pounds less than the weight he said he had trouble making and had been beaten bloody by Josh Clottey of all people. I'm a big Mosley fan myself but honestly, I don;t really remember anyone but me thinking that was going to be competitive. Mosley had performed TERRIBLY in his previous 2 fights and was turned down on ESPN by Roach when Shane had KOed Margarito but after the Mora fight, suddenly its a relevant fight that needs to happen?. Margarito was caught cheating, suspended and had one fight at 154 against a total nobody.

I want to see PAc fight someone who didn't look like garbage in their previous fight. Thats what Floyd has over Pacquiao, fighting guys who performed well previously.

You done with the social commentary yet, you disgusting clown?

Stop crying and bitching about racism when you keep bringing up race in this thread, you repulsive heathen.

The reason " blacks " dont like Manny isnt cause hes not black... its cause theyre an individual group of people who dont share a hive mind, you simplistic rodent.

Jesus Christ, Ive been away for a few days ( Meditating with my boy Tom Brady, getting him ready for the Bowl ) and you execrable cretins flood my precious boxing forum.

Away with you clowns.

LMAO!!!!

I love it when people attempt to sound intelligent.

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told RingTV.com on Wednesday that he hopes to finalize a clash for June 9 between WBO welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao and WBO junior welterweight titleholder Tim Bradley as soon as this weekend.

Arum said that he is looking to complete the Pacquiao-Bradley deal in San Antonio, Texas, where he will be promoting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr's HBO-televised defense of his WBC belt opposite Marco Antonio Rubio, and Nonito Donaire's 122-pound debut against Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. at the Alamodome. Donaire-Vazquez will be for the vacant WBO junior featherweight belt.

Arum will discuss the fight with Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz, and Bradley's manager, Cameron Dunkin.

"Michael Koncz and Cameron and everybody will be in San Antonio. We're going there and I'm meeting with Cameron and Michael Koncz to see how far we can go toward wrapping up a Tim Bradley fight," said Arum, who promotes both fighters.

"We're holding the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It's not finalized yet, but they're both our fighters, and we're hoping that we can get it done, and we think that we can get it done."

The Pacquiao-Bradley fight may be closer to fruition now that WBA junior middleweight Miguel Cotto is out of the picture, having been chosen on Wednesday by Floyd Mayweather Jr. as his May 5 opponent.

Mayweather already had been dismissed by Arum and Koncz as an a potential opponent, given that Mayweather is slated to begin serving an 87-day jail sentence on June 1 and Pacquiao's desire to fight on June 9.

Koncz, however, agreed that Bradley is not a definite.

"We will be talking about the fight this weekend, however, we have not committed to Bradley," said Koncz. "We still have the three of them. We've got Bradley, we've got Marquez and we've got Peterson."--continue

Lem's latest: Pacquiao-Bradley nearing finalization; Mayweather rips Pacquiao | RingTV

Horrible contract? 40 million is a horrible contract?

As a casual boxing fan, who has friends who watch even less boxing, I can say that to most casuals if a boxer isn't named Pacman or Mayweather then he is some bum

for the same reason that some people called Mosley and Hatton Mayweather's leftovers... stupidity

LMAO!!!!

I love it when people attempt to sound intelligent.

SMH@ This repugnant virgin.
How can a person sound intelligent on a message board ?

And never quote or answer me directly again, you disgusting clown.

Because some Boxing fans are just as ignorant as some MMA fans but there are also educated fans in both Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back