Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Julia Garner to Play Silver Surfer, post #685)

I'm telling you ...

iu

iu

Since Thing will be pure CGI anyway, stick with the winner ...

iu

I've got nothing for Johnny (shrug)

Though I thoroughly dislike the movie, "office guy" was great as Reed in Strange 2
He has the right look for it. Driver has the absolute worst look an demeanor for it so much so its comical talking about him as Reed even . It's like casting Micheal Cera as Doom. Lol

Poor John Krasinski. Rumored to be RR for years. Gets the role. Immediately jobbed out to Scarlet Witch. Loses role.

In his defense, it's the screenwriters fault. All of them (part from Prof X) acted dumb and full of themselves. For a group of the brightest superheroes on the planet, that was not particularly bright.

Also, Earth 838 seems like ripe for takeover, if the supes are that incompetent. Arm-Fall-Off-Boy could've beaten them. Their villains must not have a single superpower.

Update: April 19, 2023

Adam Driver Reportedly in Final Talks to Play Reed Richards in Marvel Studios' FANTASTIC FOUR

rumour-adam-driver-in-final-talks-to-play-reed-richards-in-v0-BVYgJAUwvJNlKCVejQVxa9k11o2C7Yi1PhdzAPDWH3Q.jpg

A new report claimed that Adam Driver is in final talks to star in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Fantastic Four reboot. According to reputable scooper Daniel Richtman, Driver is currently finalizing a deal with Marvel Studios to play the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards.

Driver's name has floated around the project for months, at different times rumored to play a major role in Fantastic Four as early as October 2022, though the reports did not indicate which character he might portray.

Fans also expressed interest in seeing the Star Wars actor take on the role of famed Marvel villain Doctor Doom.

In January, sources indicated that Driver was Marvel's "top casting choice" to play Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four reboot. Prior to this, the reports only indicated that Driver had met with Marvel Studios to discuss joining the cast of the film, with fans speculating he would play Doctor Doom due to his previous villainous roles, most notably in the third Star Wars trilogy as Kylo Ren. Although nothing has been confirmed, fans have speculated that Doctor Doom will appear in the film as its primary villain and become one of the Multiverse Saga's primary antagonists along with Kang.

After multiple delays, filming for Fantastic Four is set to start in early 2024. WandaVision director Matt Shakman will helm the project, with Avatar: The Way of Water and Snowpiercer writer Josh Friedman taking over script duties from Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer.

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-adam-driver-reed-richards-mcu/
who.gif

I agree Driver doesn't look the part of Reed, but he definitely has the acting chops

Back