Favorite Fighters that rep your city??

Chris Lytle
Indianapolis
chris-lytle-7.jpg

Rory MacDonald reps my province; that's as close as we're getting!

People tend to root for fighters that train/represent their city.

I'm curious to know of fighters from your city that you're most proud of.

Mine are

San Jose:

Cain
DC
Khabib
Rockhold
Cung Le
Closest is Rumble by 1 degree association. I don't think many fight out of Atlanta, or GA for that matter.
Anthony%2BJohnson%2BCrushes%2BAlexander%2BGustafsson%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B14%2BStockholm.gif

Funny thing also, my cousin dated some dude that trained with Gus in Sweden. I like both fighters.

People tend to root for fighters that train/represent their city.

I'm curious to know of fighters from your city that you're most proud of.

Mine are

San Jose:

Cain
DC
Khabib
Rockhold
Cung Le
None of those guys are from san jose......

knoxville tn we got ovince st preaux and scott holtzman lol. wooooooooooooo

Never lived in a city but lived in north and south jersey.

In north NJ at one point Khabib and Albert Tumenov were training at K-Dojo which was only 10 minutes from my house.
Fifteen minutes away I had AMA which had Jim and Dan Miller. Jimmie Rivera is from two towns over and wrestled with a friend of mine in HS.

I dunno if we can count Dillon Danis as an MMA fighter (because he just talks) but he grew up literally 5 minutes from the house I lived at for most of my life. I ran into him a few times at BJJ and just around town.

Now that I’m in south jersey Frankie seems to be the best representative of my area. Now we got beasts like Magomedsharipov, Moraes, Alvarez, and Barboza all training with Frankie at Ricardo Almeida BJJ.

Little known fact, Groovy Lando is a Jersey guy who grew up not too far from Frankie.

Ben Rothwell's gym is like less than half a mile from my work.

Chris Lytle
Indianapolis
chris-lytle-7.jpg

Manhandled prime Silva, made him look like a white belt....until he gassed because he couldn’t make weight and drained himself trying

He’s one of those dudes that makes you wonder what could have been if he had his weight cutting in check.

Dominic Mazzotta fighting out of Pittsburgh! Unfortunately the only one from the city doing anything lmao. Have been curious about him considering I was taught taekwondo by someone with the same last name, but I don't know of a connection.

Otherwise, living in LA now I root for Albert Morales. Grew up in Reseda with a bunch of my friends, came to a party of mine last year, really cool guy

Manhandled prime Silva, made him look like a white belt....until he gassed because he couldn’t make weight and drained himself trying

He’s one of those dudes that makes you wonder what could have been if he had his weight cutting in check.
You must mean Travis Lutter, but your assessment is correct. It's a shame he couldn't get with a good team and do it right when he got the golden opportunity.

Back