Fedor hasn't had a quality win since 2009. It's 2018.

Arlovski was a quality win, but the guy that KO'd Arlovski immediately after Fedor did and was almost-unanimously ranked like 7th-9th wasn't a quality win?
Monson was also a good victory in 2011. Fedor was a little extra-apprehensive because he admitted he "was afraid of getting caught with something again"-- or something to that effect; a lotta guys are like that after a rough stretch-- but Monson had a solid 43-12 record and held victories over Ricco Rodriguez (an avenged loss), Mark Kerr, Fujita, Roy Nelson, and Sergei Kharitonov. Marcio Cruz was also coming off a knockout victory over Frank Mir (in Mir's first fight since breaking Sylvia's arm, so he was at a good point as far as win-quality goes) when Monson beat him, so that was pretty good. I also always thought Anthony Perosh was a solid fighter, but that's just me...
So Monson was a quality win, I'd say. Not a ranked win, so if that's what your standard is set at (which's a little unreasonably-high, since you're basically saying anyone not ranked is a bad fighter), Monson wouldn't qualify, but a good win, yeah.

I am debating where he is at in his career - many think he still possess all the same skills that he had in Pride. I am making a point that those days are long gone.

I never took a shot about his career as a whole - just the most recent period.
Are there that many people that think that?

I'm not a Fedor fan, but back in the day, he was incredible and it's the most impressive fighter I've seen in MMA so far. Stilll, even his fanboys should know he's long past his prime and his fall was hard.

He can of course still gather wins against decent opponents, but he hasn't been a top level contender for many years now.

But at HW, I believe pretty much everyone can beat anyone on a given day. That makes Stipe's run quite impressive as was Fedor's back then

Maldonado. Maldonado, Maldonado. Maldonado, Maldonado, Maldonado, Maldonado, Maldonado.

You can talk about the respect Fedor deserves. You can talk about his great wins in the past. You can talk about what might have been, or the glory that was, or how great he was in his prime.

Fedor got lit up by a LHW CAN.
Lit.
Up.

Talk all you want, but all I have to say is Fabio Fucking Maldonado.

Fedor is done. D-O-N-E done. VinceCarterIt'sOver.gif done. Well-cooked steak done. Heydey of rap-metal done. He's so done, even this thread discussing how he's done, is now done.

Since his win over Andrei Arlovski in 2009, Fedor hasn't had a quality win over any decent competition.

Please someone tell me how any of his wins since then were quality wins?

The only one who debatably comes close in my eyes is Ishii, and he still is not a top heavyweight at all.

It has almost been a decade since he has done anything of note in this sport.

Would love to hear any arguments otherwise.

I dont think anyone would agrue Fedor is really relevant as far as titles and rankings at this point... its more to do with just watching a legend compete that already accomplished more then anyone before him and arguable after him.. he is 40 with almost 40 fights at heavy were wear and tear is the worst, most fighters these days don't even hit 40 fights not to mention his Sambo career which is essentially MMA as well... So your asking people to argue a point no one is really making

Maldonado. Maldonado, Maldonado. Maldonado, Maldonado, Maldonado, Maldonado, Maldonado.

You can talk about the respect Fedor deserves. You can talk about his great wins in the past. You can talk about what might have been, or the glory that was, or how great he was in his prime.

Fedor got lit up by a LHW CAN.
Lit.
Up.

Talk all you want, but all I have to say is Fabio Fucking Maldonado.

Fedor is done. D-O-N-E done. VinceCarterIt'sOver.gif done. Well-cooked steak done. Heydey of rap-metal done. He's so done, even this thread discussing how he's done, is now done.

Making a point that he is washed at this point in his career and not still the GOAT as some would lead you to believe.
not some people most people, there are many polls that have been done... Some of the people that have gone on record saying fedor is GOAT.. GSP, Aldo, Cain, JDS, Shogun, Mike Tyson, Ronda, Cris Cyborg, Werdum, Mitrione, Bas, Mir, BJ penn... the list is actually a lot longer that's off the top of my head of videos I can recall you dont have to have Fedor as GOAT but to try and argue it's an incorrect position is to argue you know MMA better then these people

What's your point TS? That Fedor should have retired a long time ago? If so, I agree.

I guess that is one conclusion. He can still beat mediocre competition, but he isn't some kind of top HW now and hasn't been relevant as far as a competitor in a decade - I think some people forget that. Some folks are still picking him to win the Bellator tournament.

A win over Mir would be his biggest in years and years and Mir is not much anymore either - that says a lot about how his career is going. Maybe he should have hung it up after getting slept by MW dan henderson.

I guess that is one conclusion. He can still beat mediocre competition, but he isn't some kind of top HW now and hasn't been relevant as far as a competitor in a decade - I think some people forget that. Some folks are still picking him to win the Bellator tournament.

A win over Mir would be his biggest in years and years and Mir is not much anymore either - that says a lot about how his career is going. Maybe he should have hung it up after getting slept by MW dan henderson.

The picks of him to win the Bellator tourney are blind optimism, I think people have been pretty open about that. You're not revealing anything new to anyone.

Since his win over Andrei Arlovski in 2009, Fedor hasn't had a quality win over any decent competition.

Please someone tell me how any of his wins since then were quality wins?

The only one who debatably comes close in my eyes is Ishii, and he still is not a top heavyweight at all.

It has almost been a decade since he has done anything of note in this sport.

Would love to hear any arguments otherwise.
We're people calling his post Strikeforce wins good? I must have missed that.

I am debating where he is at in his career - many think he still possess all the same skills that he had in Pride. I am making a point that those days are long gone.

I never took a shot about his career as a whole - just the most recent period.
Is anyone even debating this? Who are these many people? It's pretty unanimous(at least it is here on sherdog) that Fedor is a shadow of his former self but he is my favourite GOAT and I am hopeful he wins this tournament. Hopeful but doubtful like LITERALLY EVERYONE is.

Fedor was lucky to be around during the time he was. He clearly can’t hang. Was exposed a long long time ago

This post is by far the dumbest shit I've seen in quite a while lmfao.....boo this man.

What's the truth? A fedor that's post prime and 40yrs old isn't elite anymore??.......

That's no news flash lmfao.

You do realize PRIDE ERA HWs are literally still ranked in the UFC right?????

It's more like the current HW division is LUCKY FEDOR isn't 20 years younger......the HW division hasn't evolved at all.

Your living on another planet.......very few are saying fedor will win the tournament and no one thinks he's in his prime still at 40 fucking years old bwahahaha.

A win over Mir would be legit Mir would still be in the UFC had it not been for the Australian meat lmfao.Im looking forward to that fight more then ANY UFC HW fight including DC and Stipe......yawn.

Fedor was 223lbs and Hendo was 207lbs at weigh ins........how is hendo a mw?.....because that's the last weight he was in the Ufc?....GTFO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back