"Fight until the ref stops it" and other dumb parroted lines

No chance dude, there are a handful of those examples, there are examples of unconscious fighters getting hit in every event and walk off K/O’s are very rare

There are a lot of borderline examples but egregious ones like Hendo vs Bisping, Mas vs Askren, Rampage vs Wanderlei are not that common.

Every time there is unnecessary follow up on unconscious fighters all the low IQ shertards repeat this phrase ad nauseam as if it's some justification for punching a clearly unconscious fighter. Just because you're not technically breaking the rules doesn't mean you aren't a scumbag for doing this shit. And just because people think this shit is unnecessary doesn't mean they should "watch soccer" or are pussies or whatever dumb tough guy virtue signaling the first 10 responses in this thread will be.

It's as bad as the stupid fucking "don't let it go to the judges" and "to be the champ you gotta beat the champ" excuses for shitty decisions.

You're an idiot and what's wrong with MMA fans if you think Masvidal is more "real" for this:

giphy.gif

than these guys:

giphy.gif

AlarmedPitifulBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif

UniqueRigidDamselfly-size_restricted.gif

100 percent agree. It's honestly disappointing to see so many on sherdog who just love violence and story lines rather than the technique and strategy in the sport.

As you said, they are what's wrong with mma.

Masvidal wanted to hurt Askren above and beyond he wasn't exactly shy about letting the world know. He would've wailed on him until he came back to life as a zombie if the ref didn't stop it.

Yeah, I don't think they could or should try to implement a rule about it and it's going to be part of the sport. I just think the fans that celebrate it and pretend to be tough for liking it are pathetic.
This, there is nothing that I think should be implemented but it’s a scumbag move supported by scumbags. United fan condemnation could make a difference but fat chance of getting that round here, too manny snuff film fans and animal abusers with deep seated issues.

There are a lot of borderline examples but egregious ones like Hendo vs Bisping, Mas vs Askren, Rampage vs Wanderlei are not that common.
Come on dude, those 2 are 1000 times worse than the Masvidal one

Bottom line is what Mas did was nothing out the ordinary regarding the finish, the anger is 100% about his post fight antics

I think Masvidal knew he was out after the knee. Those two added punches is because he hates Askren.
He plainly inferred during the post-fight conference that it was entirely intentional and laughed about it. "Oh, I thought he might get up." he said then laughed when a reporter asked about the two unnecessary shots.

Every time there is unnecessary follow up on unconscious fighters all the low IQ shertards repeat this phrase ad nauseam as if it's some justification for punching a clearly unconscious fighter.
First, I'm Masdival fan, and I wanted him to win via destruction.
Second, I think Askren is a douche.

However, to your point, I largely agree. I don't like watching an unconscious fighter being punched in the face, and some of the justifications are childish.

Uhh I mean it's a fight dude. Shit happens. If you want to win you go until the ref stops it.

So Robbie should have just walked away after knocking Ben the fuck out, he would have been given a win then right?

Can’t believe the amount of bedwetters on here moaning about the KO. Embarrassing.

Ben fans triggered as hell.

It happens all the time.

Deal with it.

We've all seen guys come back from the edge. Most of the time, you gotta keep going until the ref steps in.

But when an opponent is clearly not getting up/face plants/goes stiff, you're a dick for putting in unnecessary extra work.

Sportsmanship, what a concept

The UFC brass doesn’t read sherdog. The Athletic commissions do not read sherdog. If you are so disgusted by it write a letter to the NSAC and complain. Instead you post drivel on the forums because you don’t actually care you are just salty Ben lost. This is the sport they signed up for, if you are such a nancy that you can’t watch it then don’t. These Askren fans need a 24 hour ban to calm down

I found the taunting afterwards much more classless than the extra shots...

Poor sportsmanship at its finest, some even got celebrated but in the end it should deserve some actual punishment, its a sport, not a bar fight.

I'm tired of these instances when a fighter continues to fight within the rules of MMA and pansy ass, retard so called MMA fans complain about it being to much. This is not ballet, and if you want to watch people hugging, and have an aversion to violence, then this sport is not for you and maybe you should look into something less physical like curling. Masividal did nothing wrong even if Ben was out, because regardless of how hard this is for some people to comprehend Masividal is there to HURT Ben not protect him. The referee is their to protect the fighters point blank period. Oh and Ben deserved both of those two shots after he was KO'd. When you write checks your ass can't cash and are disrespectful during the lead up to a fight, you are not entitled to respect during and after the fight.

Last edited:
Agreed. It's a big display of low IQ senseless impulse to keep hitting the dieded man. When a fighter stops as soon as the guy's out, I become an instant fan.

Last edited:
Back