For Guitar Players: What Do You Play?

G&L Skyhawk
BTNHMHG2.JPG

Probably the best quality i own. has a double-locking trem system which never went out of tune. Ibanez RG350DXZ
AAA24.jpg
I am actually considering purchasing this exact guitar. I love its look and the sound of Ibanez guitars, I have never owned an Ibanez, but I do plan to get this. If only it had a floyd rose..

Main guitars I'm playing right now are Schecter Damien Diamond Series Floyd Rose and ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakebyte. I've got a G&L Jerry Cantrell signature and a couple others in the basement.

11qr6g3.jpg
11qr6g3.jpg

Last edited:
I've got an Olympic White American standard strat that I bought in 2012 that I recently upgraded with Lace Sensor Chrome Domes. I've got an old Yamaha 335 knockoff that was my main guitar for almost 20 years.

For amps, I have a Peavey Valve King that I don't really use much anymore and a Fender Deluxe that is my "living room" amp.

I've got a few pedals that I've built from kits, a few Ross pedals from the 70s too.

I've recently returned to playing bass and having been playing a Reverend Mercalli 5 string. That thing is a monster.

Thats about it I guess.

You cannot go wrong with a yamaha guitar, they still sound good after years of playing.

I haven't had a lot of experience playing different amps though; I have a black star (15 watt, or something like that). It has a lot of knobs and has some nice built in effects.

My Yamaha is from the SA series of the early 80s.

This isn't mine but its an identical model. 0 difference in the one that is 5 feet away from me right now.

yamaha-sa800-362399.jpg

It was great for along time. I used it for a lot of blues and hard rock stuff. I really have a hard time with it since I got my strat though. Going from humbuckers to single coils was a revelation for me and when I play this guitar now, it sounds muffled to me. Sounds great with a gained out amp but the cleans are just too fat.
It's nice to see some Yamaha love in here. Last time I posted in one of these threads, a couple of snobs gave me so much shit, when I said I preferred my AES620 to my PRS.

One day I'll get my hands on something like an SG2000.

Main guitars I'm playing right now are Shecter Damien Diamond Series Floyd Rose and ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakbyte. I've got a G&L Jerry Cantrell signature and a couple others in the basement.

11qr6g3.jpg
11qr6g3.jpg

I love the look of that Schecter!

WIll sort some pics out soon, there is an old pic of one of my racks floating about on here.

ESP LTD EC1000 in Black/Gold (Standard/Drop D)
ESP LTD TE-407 7-String Tele in black (Drop A)
Peavey Predator 7 String in Grey (B Standard)
Peavy Generation exp Tele shape in almost a blonde colour (Eb)
Gibson Melody Maker (tuned to Open C)
PRS SE in Camo (D Standard/Drop C)
Jackson JS30RR (C Standard/Drop B)
Vintage SG (Needs Restringing)
Squier Strat (needs restringing and a setup)
Frankenstrat copy (E Standard)

goes into an Orange Dark Terror through a Laney 2x12. Also have a Kork Toneworks multieffects and a Dunlop Wah.

I played a VM Jaguar for years since I play mostly surf and surf fusion and jangly stuff. Loved the plunkiness of the guitar and how it reacted with really drippy reverb. But..... I sold it and thinking about either a telecaster or a jazzmaster.​

I've got an Olympic White American standard strat that I bought in 2012 that I recently upgraded with Lace Sensor Chrome Domes. I've got an old Yamaha 335 knockoff that was my main guitar for almost 20 years.

For amps, I have a Peavey Valve King that I don't really use much anymore and a Fender Deluxe that is my "living room" amp.

I've got a few pedals that I've built from kits, a few Ross pedals from the 70s too.

I've recently returned to playing bass and having been playing a Reverend Mercalli 5 string. That thing is a monster.

Thats about it I guess.

Dude, I'm thinking of getting a Tele next. Not sure which direction I'll go with it but I've been listening to a couple of heavier bands lately that use them and I'm coming around to the idea (Unsane and Whores are the 2 bands if you're wondering).

On topic: well, as some here already know I'm a big Gibson and ESP guy. I own a couple of Gibson Les Paul Standards, a Gibson SG standard an ESP Eclipse SW just to name a handful (I have too many in all honesty and I'm no longer playing in bands). Most of my guitars are of 90's construction (the Eclipse SW is from the 2000's tho)

I'm a lefty, so I have to shop around a little to find what I want. I prefer guitars made in the 90's as that seems to be a good era overall for QC with a lot of companies, and I sometimes have no choice as a lefty but to buy used.

I played a VM Jaguar for years since I play mostly surf and surf fusion and jangly stuff. Loved the plunkiness of the guitar and how it reacted with really drippy reverb. But..... I sold it and thinking about either a telecaster or a jazzmaster.​
would love to hear some of your stuff dood.

Dude, I'm thinking of getting a Tele next. Not sure which direction I'll go with it but I've been listening to a couple of heavier bands lately that use them and I'm coming around to the idea (Unsane and Whores are the 2 bands if you're wondering).

On topic: well, as some here already know I'm a big Gibson and ESP guy. I own a couple of Gibson Les Paul Standards, a Gibson SG standard an ESP Eclipse SW just to name a handful (I have too many in all honesty and I'm no longer playing in bands). Most of my guitars are of 90's construction (the Eclipse SW is from the 2000's tho)

I'm a lefty, so I have to shop around a little to find what I want. I prefer guitars made in the 90's as that seems to be a good era overall for QC with a lot of companies, and I sometimes have no choice as a lefty but to buy used.
a cool mod to get a heavier sound on a tele is to wire the bridge and neck pups in series. gets you a humbucker esque sound.

• Dude I am digging the walnut stain. That bridge and trem look bulletproof too! Do you think G&Ls are what Fender should have became?
haha yeah mine is like that but red. G&L's are definitely special guitars. I've never played a music man so I can't really say. They have have alot of output in the pickups so they are definitely louder and warmer than fenders if you want them to be. They can basically do that clean chimey strat sound but also do a heavier mid rangey sound to. The action is great aswell and the acoustic quality is good. I'm actually buying two G&L's and putting 3 old 70s fender humbuckers in one and 3 old 60s danelectro lipstick pups in the other. Not sure what I'll do with the left over pick ups.

I was torn between a Tele and a Strat but settled on the Strat. I'm usually pretty happy with the choice but do find myself wishing I had the Tele at times.

The tele has that twang for rockabilly and old country, the sonics for atmospheric music (Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead) , the jangle of The Smiths and can play with fuzz in such a unique way. Whenever I've picked up a tele I felt like I was at home. For about a year I played with a Gretsch Electromatic which was sonically very versatile as well but I never really bonded with it. Just how the neck always seemed to dive and the frets felt strange... my only dilemma about the Tele is the lack of trem. Maybe i'll jus get one and throw a bigsby on it. Wish I could put the same trem my Jag had on it tho.... gotta have that warblyness for when I play surf.

I was torn between a Tele and a Strat but settled on the Strat. I'm usually pretty happy with the choice but do find myself wishing I had the Tele at times.

Yeah, I find that I'm digging the design of the Tele's -I don't have a Fender Strat but I have a couple of 'Super Strats' made by other companies. I dig them, but don't play them much.

These days I'm playing my SG the most. Love that thing. I bought it used and it just has an amazing broken in feel and sound to it. Very smooth guitar.

I got a cheapo Les Paul Special II with Rocksmith but last week I tried a MIM Strat and got that. I love the tone of Strats much more. I also have a cheapo acoustic Epiphone DR-100.

Back